KG time machine 2004 all over again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG time machine 2004 all over again

20 -17 and 6 in 32 minutes,

...against the third best team in the east!

I can't wait to see the Lakers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: KG time machine 2004 all over again

Noah who?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I noha KG can play

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

K.G is playing terrific basketball. There's always room for improvement and Tommy Heinsohn said it the other night during the Blazers game. Tommy said " I wish K.G would get some more offensive rebounds."  I have to agree with Tommy. K.G eats up defensive rebounds, but he's nowhere to be found on the offensive rebounds. Shaq and Big Baby and sometimes Rondo seem to be the only C's that get offensive rebounds. As a team the C's and especially K.G have to improve in this area this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

KG doesnt care nobody like noah!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

I think that KG and the team as a whole don't get many offensive rebounds by design.  The team runs a very efficient offense and makes a high percentage on limited shots. So, there are fewer offensive rebound opportunities.  They usually send only one or two guys to the offensive boards and prefer to race back to present a well-organized defense.

During the ESPN broadcast last night, Doc was heard on a segment reminding his guys to get back rather than having everyone crashing the offensive boards.

But it is great seeing KG regain a lot of his explosivness.  He hasn't looked so good since the knee surgery.  If he had played like this last June we would have #18.  Game seven, the team played great initial defense but wasn't able to finish its stops when LA kept on getting second and third shots.

If our bigs are healthy come the playoffs, that won't be repeated.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG has never gotten many offensive rebounds, even in his MVP year.
    He has led the league in rebounding several times, but it has always been mostly with defensive rebounds.

As far as todays Celtics are concerned, I agree that offensive rebounds are not the priority, defense is the priority. If KG were to make offensive rebounds a priority, it would be at a cost to getting back on defense. It might be something like Rondo last year when he tried to get steals. He would gamble at the cost of team defense.

As the leader of the defense he has to get back to stop easy buckets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Pliu,

I agree, if KG were playing like this in last years final, Gasol and the Lakers would be the ones saying wait till next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

That is absolutely correct....we complained about Perk being out and the ref's changing the way the game was called...the real difference was KG's health...he needed over a full season to recover....now he has and he is a beast again!!!

This just reinforces the unbelievable run this team has made....blew the league away in year one....were doing it again in year two until KG went down for the season (that is equivalent of Kobe being out for the year)....still ended up one game shy of making the Eastern Finals....coasting again early in year three....then injuries took their toll and everyone counted this team out....first round "one and done" was the cry....so what do they do? .....take the Lakers to game 7 on the road....lose in the final two minutes or so....forget a healthy Perk..Lakers also had Bynum in and out....the key was KG....Gasol looked more like KG than KG did...he should've been the MVP.....but if Garnett doesn't get hurt in '09?  .....I honestly think we would be going for a "4-peat".....those who said we traded too much for an aging group were wrong....the run of tremendous play is now in it's 4th season....and we are developing young legs...Rondo is already an allstar and Baby has so much potential.....Shaq looks rejuvenated....this is just great....Celtic history continues to shine...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG in essence lost a year from sitting out the 2nd half of 2008-09 and then playing on one leg all of 2009-10. I think it saved him and now he's probably feeling as good as he did in the mid 90's.

Its early but he could definately get the MVP if he keeps playing like this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Absolutely agree Duke. 

Love all the Celtics.  Pierce is Pierce.  Ray is the consumate pro.  Rondo's one of the rare players who can dominate without being a great scorer  The role guys have really stepped up.  But when all is said and done, KG's still the most important cog.

If he had been healthy the last two years, we could be talking about going for #20.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Right on....Celtic fan or not, I truly believe that.....Lakers did the "3-peat" and are attempting it again..Bulls did it twice.....Celtics were able to "8-peat"....no reason to believe a healthy unit couldn't realistically be going for #4.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Some good points were made in regards to my post that partially addressed K.G's lack of offensive rebounding. I didn't think of the fact of the importance of K.G getting back on defense to protect the basket.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, you know KG isnt' going to get player of the year again, but how about maybe D player of the year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Who's Noah.  Oh yeah.  Thats the guy KG made look bad last night.  Noah was irrevelant. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG seems to play his best when he has a chip on his shoulder.

After last year, it appears that he wants to make a statement. I love it.