KG vs Duncan - How would they compare if both had been on great teams for thier entire careers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: KG vs Duncan - How would they compare if both had been on great teams for thier entire careers?

Junior High,

To be taken seriously one must argue the points stated, or come up with new points that prove or disprove the hypothesis or theme topic.

To keep repeating that Duncan has four rings or some other unrelated fact, indicates that your motive and tactics are not worth the effort. 

It is like someone saying up and you say Chicago. Or someone saying down and you say yellow. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: KG vs Duncan - How would they compare if both had been on great teams for thier entire careers?

Jam,

I agree that Duncan has had the more successful career so far. I also agree that KG has the edge on defense.

As far as offense, It can depend on how you look at it. Duncan has usually been better with his back to the basket than KG. It may have been due to Duncan's  higher weight, and his abilty to back people down in the low post. McHale tried to teach his moves to KG but due to his lower weight, and the fact that McHale was allowed "footwork" (moving his pivot foot) KG would always get called for traveling. KG adopted Olajuwan's moves instead to compensate for his lower body mass. 

The real question, is: Does it matter? KG's career offensive numbers were better than Duncan's before he joined the Celtics, while acheiveing very similar field goal percentage numbers. In head to head competition, KG vs. Duncan, KG's offensive numbers are also better than Duncan's (see post #1 for evidence)

Now that KG is with the Celtics, his offensive numbers are down, but his field goal percentage has been consistantly higher than Duncan's (see an earlier post). This is an interesting development considering that KG is viewed as mostly a jump shooter now, and Duncan is considered a low post player. In KG's new role with the Celtics, it was important for the other stars to get what they needed and wanted for them to buy into selfless motion offense. It was also important for them to buy into their defensive roles. With KG, statistics no longer matter, only wins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: KG vs Duncan - How would they compare if both had been on great teams for thier entire careers?:
    [QUOTE]Junior High, To be taken seriously one must argue the points stated, or come up with new points that prove or disprove the hypothesis or theme topic. To keep repeating that Duncan has four rings or some other unrelated fact, indicates that your motive and tactics are not worth the effort.  It is like someone saying up and you say Chicago. Or someone saying down and you say yellow. 
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

For someone as old as you you're really dumb!

You keep saying I come up with new points but you keep talking about "if circumstances had been different". Are you nuts?

Disprove your hypothesis? You can't even prove your hypothesis. How can we prove something that will never happen, like KG starting his career with a great team instead of the Wolves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: KG vs Duncan - How would they compare if both had been on great teams for thier entire careers?:
    [QUOTE]Jam, I agree that Duncan has had the more successful career so far. I also agree that KG has the edge on defense. As far as offense, It can depend on how you look at it. Duncan has usually been better with his back to the basket than KG. It may have been due to Duncan's  higher weight, and his abilty to back people down in the low post. McHale tried to teach his moves to KG but due to his lower weight, and the fact that McHale was allowed "footwork" (moving his pivot foot) KG would always get called for traveling. KG adopted Olajuwan's moves instead to compensate for his lower body mass.  The real question, is: Does it matter? KG's career offensive numbers were better than Duncan's before he joined the Celtics, while acheiveing very similar field goal percentage numbers. In head to head competition, KG vs. Duncan, KG's offensive numbers are also better than Duncan's (see post #1 for evidence) Now that KG is with the Celtics, his offensive numbers are down, but his field goal percentage has been consistantly higher than Duncan's (see an earlier post). This is an interesting development considering that KG is viewed as mostly a jump shooter now, and Duncan is considered a low post player. In KG's new role with the Celtics, it was important for the other stars to get what they needed and wanted for them to buy into selfless motion offense. It was also important for them to buy into their defensive roles. With KG, statistics no longer matter, only wins.

You yourself said Duncan is more successful so far. Once again contradicting yourself. 

Statistics no longer matter, only wins? How about that loss to the Lakers in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, wasn't that a loss and not a win? Did Duncan ever lose in the Finals?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] It may have been due to Duncan's  higher weight, and his abilty to back people down in the low post. 

There's the sham in you coming out. 

Duncan is 255 lbs. while KG is 253 lbs. and you say Duncan has higher weight.

HAHAHA!!!

TRYING TO PULL A FAST ONE?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] KG adopted Olajuwan's moves instead to compensate for his lower body mass.  

Where did you get that? I never heard KG saying he got his moves from Olajuwon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] In KG's new role with the Celtics, it was important for the other stars to get what they needed and wanted for them to buy into selfless motion offense. It was also important for them to buy into their defensive roles. With KG, statistics no longer matter, only wins.

Is that your way of saying that with the Celtics KG is not the main man? Pierce is the number one option, right?

With the Spurs, since 1997 Duncan has always been the main man, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's faitly obvious that Duncan has had a better career than KG. Both are outstanding players. I think KG brings a little more D but Duncan is a far superior low post player. Both are outstanding. Someone mentioned that Hakeem is in the top ten centers of all time. I would just point out that at the peak of his career he was about as dominant a force as the NBA has ever seen on both offense and defense. I might consider putting him in the top 3 to 5 of all time. From a pure talent standpoint he was much more amazing than Shaq. What if Hakeem had played on great teams his whole career???
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

Jump, this is the 8th poster on this board that said Duncan has the edge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

You know what makes you a sham, Jump? You reply to every poster here that said Duncan has the edge and you tell them you agree with them but you try to convince them that KG is better. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Junior high all day and all night.

I am not sure why someone who knows so little about a subject would want to flaunt it in public. You look foolish.

...resorting to your same childish tactics?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Junior high all day and all night. I am not sure why someone who knows so little about a subject would want to flaunt it in public. You look foolish. ...resorting to your same childish tactics?

I don't think so, GRANDPA!

You made a thread about Duncan vs KG and so far all the posters here say Duncan is better. And you tell them you agree with them but you try to convince them that KG is as good if not better than Duncan. Subtle manipulation at its finest.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What's childish is acting like a 12-year old and telling people here that "if circumstances were different". Well they are not so live with!

A hypothesis is an assumption, it's not a fact. And there's no way we can test your hypothesis because we can't turn back time and put KG on the Spurs and Duncan on the Wolves. 

Some people even rank Karl Malone ahead of KG as the best PF in the history of the NBA. That's significant because you will not find a lot of people believing that Karl Malone is the best PF in the history of the NBA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Junior high all day and all night. I am not sure why someone who knows so little about a subject would want to flaunt it in public. You look foolish. ...resorting to your same childish tactics?

You were the one who said that people "sit up" when KG destroyed Vince Carter in the 2003 All-Star game. As if defense is being played in All-Star games. Don't believe me?

The lowest scoring All-Star game this decade was back in 2001 when the East beat the West by 1 point, 111-110.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://sportige.com/top-10-power-forwards-nba-history/

That's another article that says Duncan is #1 PF in the history of the NBA. 

Find me an article first that has KG as the #1 PF in the history of the NBA before you talk about "knowing about a subject". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

1 vote for Garnett.  Never saw a more charismatic presence than in 2008.  My sense is that in playing with Pierce for thirteen years he would have won several championships.  Duncan of course should have been a Celtic and maybe he would have won just as many or more here.

Lastly Garnett in his pre-injury form this year looked at lot better to me than Duncan.  Of course I may have missed something

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]1 vote for Garnett.  Never saw a more charismatic presence than in 2008.  My sense is that in playing with Pierce for thirteen years he would have won several championships.  Duncan of course should have been a Celtic and maybe he would have won just as many or more here. Lastly Garnett in his pre-injury form this year looked at lot better to me than Duncan.  Of course I may have missed something
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss anything, KG is way better than Duncan this season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Junior High-

Thank for the opportunity to show the board who you really are.

As always, you misstate the facts, misstate my position, and try to continuously change the argument to one that you think you can win.

Examples:

The thread is not about who is better, the thread is about the image of each player if they changed places. I know it may be too subtle for someone of your abilities, but try to understand.

Instead of arguing the points, or coming up with verifiable argument's of your own, you constantly try to take the discussion off subject. Why? Because you can't win the argument or you are too lazy to find evidence.  Instead you keep saying variations of Duncan is better, or everyone says Duncan is better, or that Duncan has 4 rings, or he is a three time finals MVP. All of these things have nothing to do with the original topic.

Your motive is not discussion, but mischief. Your tactics are juvenile. 

Please prove my point by filling the rest of this page with stupid posts to try and prevent others from reading this post, and I will continue to highlight your junior high behavior.

Thanks for the favor. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Concord:

1 vote for Garnett.  Never saw a more charismatic presence than in 2008.  My sense is that in playing with Pierce for thirteen years he would have won several championships.  Duncan of course should have been a Celtic and maybe he would have won just as many or more here.

Lastly Garnett in his pre-injury form this year looked at lot better to me than Duncan.  Of course I may have missed something.

I like your thinking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Junior High- Thank for the opportunity to show the board who you really are. As always, you misstate the facts, misstate my position, and try to continuously change the argument to one that you think you can win. Examples: The thread is not about who is better, the thread is about the image of each player if they changed places. I know it may be too subtle for someone of your abilities, but try to understand. Instead of arguing the points, or coming up with verifiable argument's of your own, you constantly try to take the discussion off subject. Why? Because you can't win the argument or you are too lazy to find evidence.  Instead you keep saying variations of Duncan is better, or everyone says Duncan is better, or that Duncan has 4 rings, or he is a three time finals MVP. All of these things have nothing to do with the original topic. Your motive is not discussion, but mischief. Your tactics are juvenile.  Please prove my point by filling the rest of this page with stupid posts to try and prevent others from reading this post, and I will continue to highlight your junior high behavior. Thanks for the favor.   

If they changed places? Like I said, Grandpa, we will never know the answer to that.

This thread is a sham because THERE'S NO WAY WE WOULD KNOW HOW DUNCAN WOULD HAVE DONE IF HE AND KG SWITCHED PLACES.

You say my tactics are juvenile, how about yours? KG and Duncan switching places? Like the Jennifer Garner movie 13 going on 30?

Also, the "if circumstances had been different" argument of yours sure look like an idea that came from the mind of a 12-year old.

Why don't you face reality, grandpa, KG and Duncan will never switch places. Nor will we ever know if KG would have won multiple championships if he didn't start his career with the Wolves. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Concord: 1 vote for Garnett.  Never saw a more charismatic presence than in 2008.  My sense is that in playing with Pierce for thirteen years he would have won several championships.  Duncan of course should have been a Celtic and maybe he would have won just as many or more here. Lastly Garnett in his pre-injury form this year looked at lot better to me than Duncan.  Of course I may have missed something. I like your thinking.

Of course you like his thinking, he gave you 1 vote.

You never liked anyone that thinks Duncan has the edge over KG.

HAHAHA!!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Junior High-

As always, you misstate the facts, misstate my position, and try to continuously change the argument to one that you think you can win.

Examples:

The thread is not about who is better, the thread is about the image of each player if they changed places. I know it may be too subtle for someone of your abilities, but try to understand.

Instead of arguing the points, or coming up with verifiable argument's of your own, you constantly try to take the discussion off subject. Why? Because you can't win the argument or you are too lazy to find evidence.  Instead you keep saying variations of Duncan is better, or everyone says Duncan is better, or that Duncan has 4 rings, or he is a three time finals MVP. All of these things have nothing to do with the original topic.

Please prove my point by filling the rest of this page with stupid posts to try and prevent others from reading this post, and I will continue to highlight your junior high behavior.

Thanks for the favor. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Double posting are we, Grandpa? In case you didn't know double posting is considered a mischievous act on the internet. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

By the way thanks for the nickname. It is something that I have earned and cherish.  I have five grand children. All of them are great!

Junior High-

Examples:

Thanks for the favor. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]By the way thanks for the nickname. It is something that I have earned and cherish.  I have five grand children. All of them are great! Junior High- Thank for the opportunity to show the board who you really are. As always, you misstate the facts, misstate my position, and try to continuously change the argument to one that you think you can win. Examples: The thread is not about who is better, the thread is about the image of each player if they changed places. I know it may be too subtle for someone of your abilities, but try to understand. Instead of arguing the points, or coming up with verifiable argument's of your own, you constantly try to take the discussion off subject. Why? Because you can't win the argument or you are too lazy to find evidence.  Instead you keep saying variations of Duncan is better, or everyone says Duncan is better, or that Duncan has 4 rings, or he is a three time finals MVP. All of these things have nothing to do with the original topic. Your motive is not discussion, but mischief. Your tactics are juvenile.  Please prove my point by filling the rest of this page with stupid posts to try and prevent others from reading this post, and I will continue to highlight your junior high behavior. Thanks for the favor. 

That's triple posting. 

This is what you said about repeating yourself:

Junior High,

"To be taken seriously one must argue the points stated, or come up with new points that prove or disprove the hypothesis or theme topic."

Once again you're contradicting yourself, Grandpa. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What makes you a sham is you're not in touch with reality, Jump!

From Duncan and KG switching places to "if circumstances had been different", none of those are ever going to become a reality. 

You already five grandchildren, you should know better.