KG's antics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

KG's antics

i love KG as much as any celtic player, and listening to the suns' announcers last night was painful, but i've got to admit that KG has been acting a little over the top at times. seriously, what's with all the jawing? and hitting a guy in the nuts!?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: KG's antics

KG is so good, so talented it ain't even funny. Some of KG's antics on the court are so stupid it ain't even funny. It is what it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

When KG plays, he goes to war. Playing with an intensity level unlike other players. The antics are the other side of the great intensity. Sometimes it runs over.

Because KG's defensive focus, and unselfish offense, changed the Celtic basketball culture, most fans give him a pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Have you not watched the NBA for the past 12+ years?  KG is the same guy he was way back when.  You either love him as a team mate or you hate him if you play against him.  Notice how all the guys that say they aren't scared are affected by his antics?  It's called a mind game, and clearly he gets into the heads of the weak willed.  Most guys who get it shrug it off or don't bite, and they are much better off.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: KG's antics:
    [QUOTE]When KG plays, he goes to war. Playing with an intensity level unlike other players. The antics are the other side of the great intensity. Sometimes it runs over. Because KG's defensive focus, and unselfish offense, changed the Celtic basketball culture, most fans give him a pass.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]
    Would not be right for me not to voice my opinion on some of his on court antics. I give him no pass on some of his stuff. Just me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to KG's antics:
    [QUOTE]i love KG as much as any celtic player, and listening to the suns' announcers last night was painful, but i've got to admit that KG has been acting a little over the top at times. seriously, what's with all the jawing? and hitting a guy in the nuts!?
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]the guy's nuts ran into his hands... if kg wasnt on my team, i would hate him! but since he is, long as he uses all this rage to play as aggressively as he did last nite, got no BEEF!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I wish some of you could have heard the Suns announcers last night. They were terrible and calling for Rondos head at the end of the game and was wishing for ill things. 

KG wants to win and its tough for other teams because the guy is just hitting shots in peoples faces. Let them keep losing and talking. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Kgs sht talkin has gotten out of hand this year even for his crazy asss. But thats who he is and you got to take the good with the bad.
    Its just a shame that an amazing player such as himself is ruining his good name and being mentioned in the same breath as a bill lambeer,dennis rodman, anthony mason etc. guys who couldnt hold kgs jock but displayed similiar antics. With his playing ability that should do all the talking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I can tell you before K.G was even a blip on the Celtics radar he has played this way. There are 3 things you gonna get with K.G. every night.  He is gonna cuss a lot,  sweat a lot and play HARD!

I guess noone saw Nash call the ref a f*cking B*tch! while he continued his rant of F-bombs only to recieve one tech..

A lot heads in the NBA talk trash, its just that K.G. backs it up.

Let me end the discussion right here.  K.G. had a tough year last year playing on that bad leg and was taken to task by more then a few players and they sure let him know, and K.G. not playing like himself was really not much of a trash talker last year, save for the playoffs.  So now he has his swag back after going thru his first major injury and setback, he worked his bu tt off and deserves to tell people about it when he shyts on them cuz these same young punks were the ones trying to end his career last year.  So to summarize, yes K.G. has always been this way but it has been up another notch this year!  what do you expect, he is  motivated by losing game 7 of the Finals after we had been up 13.  He is motivated by coming back healthy and has something to prove again.  I am loving it!  I suggest you guys sit back and enjoy the show.  I know the same folks will be bitching when K.G. is gone and you got J.Green playing the 4 with no fire in the belly and getting dunked on!  ENJOY!!!! This guy is a hall of Famer!  Now if he was a problem off the court I would say something but the guys is a family man, and as loyal a man u will ever meet

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]I can tell you before K.G was even a blip on the Celtics radar he has played this way. There are 3 things you gonna get with K.G. every night.  He is gonna cuss a lot,  sweat a lot and play HARD! I guess noone saw Nash call the ref a f*cking B*tch! while he continued his rant of F-bombs only to recieve one tech.. A lot heads in the NBA talk trash, its just that K.G. backs it up. Let me end the discussion right here.  K.G. had a tough year last year playing on that bad leg and was taken to task by more then a few players and they sure let him know, and K.G. not playing like himself was really not much of a trash talker last year, save for the playoffs.  So now he has his swag back after going thru his first major injury and setback, he worked his bu tt off and deserves to tell people about it when he shyts on them cuz these same young punks were the ones trying to end his career last year.  So to summarize, yes K.G. has always been this way but it has been up another notch this year!  what do you expect, he is  motivated by losing game 7 of the Finals after we had been up 13.  He is motivated by coming back healthy and has something to prove again.  I am loving it!  I suggest you guys sit back and enjoy the show.  I know the same folks will be bitching when K.G. is gone and you got J.Green playing the 4 with no fire in the belly and getting dunked on!  ENJOY!!!! This guy is a hall of Famer!  Now if he was a problem off the court I would say something but the guys is a family man, and as loyal a man u will ever meet
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    For me it ain't the talk. Thats fine. If someone gave my nads a tickle, I'd have to give it back. Just ain't right goin for the crotch. A bow here or there is fine by me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

yeah  I thought that was bad, but you would want him in the alley with you and I think its part of the edge we need, esp with Perk gone.  The only reason I would prefer he tone it down is too keep him playing cuz the refs seem to have it out for him but he is not Ron Artest who pulled down Paul's pants once, and thats one incident with the nads.  I've seen Shaq give more flagrant fouls than that and he is 360 lbs, now those fouls hurt!  Hurry up and get back Shaq!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]yeah  I thought that was bad, but you would want him in the alley with you and I think its part of the edge we need, esp with Perk gone.  The only reason I would prefer he tone it down is too keep him playing cuz the refs seem to have it out for him but he is not Ron Artest who pulled down Paul's pants once, and thats one incident with the nads.  I've seen Shaq give more flagrant fouls than that and he is 360 lbs, now those fouls hurt!  Hurry up and get back Shaq!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    No doubt. I love this dudes game. One of the best ever. I am very glad he is on the team I root for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If you're scared get off the court... if you're a fan watching the game you're opinion doesn't matter.  Looking at you kaktug....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Oh come on, KG wasn't trying to hit him in his nuts on national TV.  He didn't CARE if he hit him in the nuts, he just wasn't shooting for the nuts.

KG acts this way to pump himself up.  Its working, too.  He's in another world when he's on the court.  The guy is sort of "possessed" when he's out there.  Listen to his interviews and you'll see a very sane and rational, even humorous guy.  He cares about people and about family.  He's managing his money and family well.  But, when he's on the court, he's a nut.

He does it to "get high" on the court......in other words, to be as energized and intense as possible.  That's who he is, whether we like it or not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I have to agree with Celtsfan4life here.  I thought the nut swipe was much ado about nothing.  KG was looking at Frye's face when the, shall we say, "incidental contact" was made.  It was totally unintentional.  Frye went down as if he had been kneed in the groin, but he immediately jumped up.  If he'd really been hit, he'd have stayed down, and anyone who has been hit there knows that.

I wish people would put this one to bed already. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Oh come on, KG wasn't trying to hit him in his nuts on national TV.  He didn't CARE if he hit him in the nuts, he just wasn't shooting for the nuts. KG acts this way to pump himself up.  Its working, too.  He's in another world when he's on the court.  The guy is sort of "possessed" when he's out there.  Listen to his interviews and you'll see a very sane and rational, even humorous guy.  He cares about people and about family.  He's managing his money and family well.  But, when he's on the court, he's a nut. He does it to "get high" on the court......in other words, to be as energized and intense as possible.  That's who he is, whether we like it or not.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    So your son or daughter is running ball and going up and a opponent punches them in the crotch. You don't want them taking that person's head off? You justify it? I don't, no matter what level.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG's antics : So your son or daughter is running ball and going up and a opponent punches them in the crotch. You don't want them taking that person's head off? You justify it? I don't, no matter what level.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right?  First, This is the NBA where players fall down before someone runs into them and the ref falls for it.  They get an academy award called an offensive foul call.  ITS ALL AN ACT!!!!!   Frye wasn't hurt.  He acted like he was hurt in the nuts and after being so hurt he had to hold himself for all of 3 seconds, he  jumped up as if there was no pain.  HE WAS ACTING!!!!!   You're smart enough to know that.

Second, Actually, my son was actually hit in that place in a game when he was young.  He started to react and I told him after the game.  Don't get thrown out.  Just kick their tails on the court and then give them the look...eye to eye....the look that says - yes, I just kicked your ash!   

Stop taking it all so serious as if its a big deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

In Response to KG's antics:
    [QUOTE]i love KG as much as any celtic player, and listening to the suns' announcers last night was painful, but i've got to admit that KG has been acting a little over the top at times. seriously, what's with all the jawing? and hitting a guy in the nuts!?
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]
    If you look at the nuts thing (...Lol) it is questionable whether or not that was on purpose and I'm sick of hearing it. People do stupid things on strange impulses all the time. I've had plenty of weird moments on the court. And it seemed like the jawing was with the Suns coach, and not started by KG, that was just weird. But what I can't figure out is at the end, with KG's tech, and Rondo screwing around and shooting at the end up by over 10, and then fouled him, what was going on?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG's antics : You're kidding, right?  First, This is the NBA where players fall down before someone runs into them and the ref falls for it.  They get an academy award called an offensive foul call.  ITS ALL AN ACT!!!!!   Frye wasn't hurt.  He acted like he was hurt in the nuts and after being so hurt he had to hold himself for all of 3 seconds, he  jumped up as if there was no pain.  HE WAS ACTING!!!!!   You're smart enough to know that. Second, Actually, my son was actually hit in that place in a game when he was young.  He started to react and I told him after the game.  Don't get thrown out.  Just kick their tails on the court and then give them the look...eye to eye....the look that says - yes, I just kicked your ash!    Stop taking it all so serious as if its a big deal.
    We differ in opinion which is fine. It is a big deal to me. I don't care if Frye was hurt or not. It was stupid to hit him in the crotch. If it was my son or daughter and was done intentional, I'd suggest they bust their head. I have said my peace on this and will put it to rest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG's antics : So your son or daughter is running ball and going up and a opponent punches them in the crotch. You don't want them taking that person's head off? You justify it? I don't, no matter what level.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

One Nation...get a grip...read Joel49's post before yours and celticfan4life's after, and stop living in denial...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fair.  If it was intentional with intent to harm, your kids and mine should fight back.  We just have to disagree on whether or not it was intentional.   I'm surprised you think KG is the kind of person who wants to keep Frye from ever having kids......vs the kind of guy who's trying to get in Frye's head.  I choose to believe it was not intentional (at least not in the nuts), but I respect your opinion that you disagree.   

On to other topics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Fair.  If it was intentional with intent to harm, your kids and mine should fight back.  We just have to disagree on whether or not it was intentional.   I'm surprised you think KG is the kind of person who wants to keep Frye from ever having kids......vs the kind of guy who's trying to get in Frye's head.  I choose to believe it was not intentional (at least not in the nuts), but I respect your opinion that you disagree.    On to other topics.
    Thanks...as I respect yours.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]If you're scared get off the court... if you're a fan watching the game you're opinion doesn't matter.  Looking at you kaktug....
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

why are you looking at me? are you going to hit me in the nuts? ;)

look i love KG and what he brings. i know he is the emotional heart of this team. and i didn't follow him too much before he came to boston. i knew who he was, of course. but i didn't watch a lot of T'wolves games because they only made a deep playoff run one time and sucked most of the time. and i don't mind him talking smack. that's part of his game. i just don't like the cheap stuff. he doesn't need that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I love KG.  He is the heart and soul of this revived period of greatness for the Celtics. It all starts with him.  If he stays healthy we will win the championship again this year.