Knicks Beat Heat in Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Knicks Beat Heat in Miami

New York may be better than I originally thought.  I had forgot that they got Billups.  He is the difference maker for them  They could be very good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Knicks Beat Heat in Miami

Funny that the Knicks aren't talking about "it taking time" and "we got to play together"  like the Heat have been doing all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Good game for us.  Right now, any Miami loss is a good thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

just finished watching. nobody on miami seems to want to step up and be a closer. this was a nice result for the c's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Only saw about the last 5 minutes of the game. Billups is so underrated it ain't even funny. Well, he is gonna get some serious props in New York. You gotta love that guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Knicks Beat Heat in Miami:
    [QUOTE]Funny that the Knicks aren't talking about "it taking time" and "we got to play together"  like the Heat have been doing all year.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Amare, Melo, and Billups didn't sign with NY all at once like LeBron, DWade, and Bosch did with Miami.  And none of the Knicks have run off at the mouth like LeBron likes to do.  So there's no words to take back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Good game for us.  Right now, any Miami loss is a good thing.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Now if the Spurs could only lose a few games and especially one at home.  They are going to be a very difficult team to beat in the playoffs, especially at home. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks Beat Heat in Miami : Amare, Melo, and Billups didn't sign with NY all at once like LeBron, DWade, and Bosch did with Miami.  And none of the Knicks have run off at the mouth like LeBron likes to do.  So there's no words to take back.

No but the Knicks did just overhaul their roster.  They got rid of a few players that played a lot of minutes for them.  I would say that qualifies as a major shakeup.  No they didn't talk much, kudos to them.  Billup lets his play do his talking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

New York is another reason we want a top 2 seed

they are still 5 games behind the Hawaks for the 5 seed... so right now, the 3 seed has to face the Knicks in rd 1... yikes!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks Beat Heat in Miami : No but the Knicks did just overhaul their roster.  They got rid of a few players that played a lot of minutes for them.  I would say that qualifies as a major shakeup.  No they didn't talk much, kudos to them.  Billup lets his play do his talking.
    It was a major shakeup.  The East has really changed this year.  Maybe there're 5 contenders now instead of 4.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks Beat Heat in Miami : It was a major shakeup.  The East has really changed this year.  Maybe there're 5 contenders now instead of 4.

think you may be right.  Still think if heathy we are the team to beat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Chicago and Boston will duel for #1 seed in east because they both have talented point guards and Miami doesn't.  Knicks have an elite point too now and you saw who won tonight and a road game at that.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Now Dudder said they had the best point guard in the league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The most impressive thing about this game was that Melo actually played defense on Lebron.

That was one of the differences in the game.

I did not see this coming. They may be a factor in the play-offs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The most impressive thing about this game was that Melo actually played defense on Lebron. That was one of the differences in the game. I did not see this coming. They may be a factor in the play-offs.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Its Billups.  He is a difference maker. Melo and Amare will do their things and Billups just fills in the gaps.  They are now equipped to play slow down ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

You may be right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks Beat Heat in Miami : Its Billups.  He is a difference maker. Melo and Amare will do their things and Billups just fills in the gaps.  They are now equipped to play slow down ball.
    I've always like Billups as a PG.  Which is another reason why I still can't stand Pitino.  Kenny Anderson???   I still don't get it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You didn't have to bring that up did you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't have to bring that up did you?
    Sorry.  Next time I'm posting and have that thought, I'll bite my tongue or hit delete.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The most impressive thing about this game was that Melo actually played defense on Lebron. That was one of the differences in the game. I did not see this coming. They may be a factor in the play-offs.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

When the Knicks were leading by just 1 point with seconds remaining Lebron drove to the hoop and got blocked by Melo then Amare. That's what happens when Lebron is being guarded by a player as big as he is. I think that is what Danny Ainge had in mind when he traded for Jeff Green.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks Beat Heat in Miami : When the Knicks were leading by just 1 point with seconds remaining Lebron drove to the hoop and got blocked by Melo then Amare. That's what happens when Lebron is being guarded by a player as big as he is. I think that is what Danny Ainge had in mind when he traded for Jeff Green.  
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree!!!

Also.....There is no need to fear the Knicks.  We want even see them in the playoffs.  AND if we did, so what!!!!  Bring on all challengers!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Like Al Horford said, who's scared of Amare Stoudamire?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I was perplexed because they were coming off of a Cavs loss .... the difference was definitely the 4th quarter D.... glad the Heat lost especially on a LeBrick miss at the end.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Billups is the guy to make the train run smoother..their version  of Big 3; Interesting battle in the East!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Bill Walker had 10 points and 7 rebounds and was a +22.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
       Looking back a year later at the trade of Eddie House, Walker and Giddens to the Knicks for Nate, I thought at the time and now I am convinced that the Knicks got the better of that trade. Obviously the Knicks saw something in Walker and he was the main trade piece for them as they had no interest in House or Giddens. Bill Walker didn't get much playing time with the C's, but when he did he looked promising. I'm not the only poster here that thought this at the time. Time always tells as to who gets the best of a trade and NY got the best of this one.