Knicks vs. Celtics 01/24/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Knicks vs. Celtics 01/24/13

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Any of you guys want Josh Smith or Big Al back then Pierce has to be traded to clear cap space.

OR the C's don't pick-up PP's option next season (let him walk), and use the cap space to sign Big Al!

To your point, either way it is likely PP for Big Al!

No!

Even if the Celts waive Pierce, 5m will still count against the cap. It's like the Celtics are paying a player worth 5m.

Pierce's contract has to be removed so that 15.5m in cap space can be recovered. Waiving Pierce only means 10m can be recovered.

It does clear a significant amount of cap space that can be used to sign an FA. Couple that with Big Al stating he would be interested in returning to Boston, and that sets up the scenario mentioned above.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

The reason Rondo is inconsistent is because he has hampered down by Pierce (walking up court and watching him go 1 on 5). Its like half the time Pierce and Doc keep Rondo in a cage and make sure he plays slow and takes his time while Pierce finds a way to get open. Rondo cant play slow, Pierce cant play fast. Contrasting styles and for some reason they (Doc) decide to play pierces style which is slow. Which is mind blowing to me and theres no better example then this game. Rondo was clearly on fire and out of 2 timeouts in the final minute we slow down wait for Pierce to get open and force him the ball (which led to 2 turnovers) so if you dont want Rondo to be inconsistent and want this to be "his team" then let him out of his cage and play to his strengths other than the slow old worn down 34s pace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

The reason Rondo is inconsistent is because he has hampered down by Pierce (walking up court and watching him go 1 on 5). Its like half the time Pierce and Doc keep Rondo in a cage and make sure he plays slow and takes his time while Pierce finds a way to get open. Rondo cant play slow, Pierce cant play fast. Contrasting styles and for some reason they (Doc) decide to play pierces style which is slow. Which is mind blowing to me and theres no better example then this game. Rondo was clearly on fire and out of 2 timeouts in the final minute we slow down wait for Pierce to get open and force him the ball (which led to 2 turnovers) so if you dont want Rondo to be inconsistent and want this to be "his team" then let him out of his cage and play to his strengths other than the slow old worn down 34s pace.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

THEY LOOKED HORRIBLE TONIGHT , DEAD IN THE WATER !

But wasn't that how they looked last season at the All Star break ?

The Eyeball Test tells me Jeff Green is not the guy. Not a viable 3rd option to run with Rondo for the next 4 years. Just not the guy. How about when he got the rebound right on the block and passed the ball out to the top of the key ? How about one dribble and a dunk instead ?

Jason Terry ? Ray Allen played much younger in my opinion.

Courtney Lee ? Invisible , not a shooter , no impact.

Brandon Bass ? He's a servicable #10 -#12 guy on the roster. He's not a starter or a top 8 rotation player. Here he's both.

I hope Ainge gets radical in the next week or so. I hope he churns the bottom half of the roster and brings in 3 or 4 new guys.

(KEEP THE ROOKIES, KEEP AVERY BRADLEY)

WHAT A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE GAME TONIGHT WAS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

Anybody know why the hell Danny got the Celtics in this mess?  Where the hell was Terry, Lee and Bass tonight?  And Wilcox? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

THEY LOOKED HORRIBLE TONIGHT , DEAD IN THE WATER !

But wasn't that how they looked last season at the All Star break ?

The Eyeball Test tells me Jeff Green is not the guy. Not a viable 3rd option to run with Rondo for the next 4 years. Just not the guy. How about when he got the rebound right on the block and passed the ball out to the top of the key ? How about one dribble and a dunk instead ?

Jason Terry ? Ray Allen played much younger in my opinion.

Courtney Lee ? Invisible , not a shooter , no impact.

Brandon Bass ? He's a servicable #10 -#12 guy on the roster. He's not a starter or a top 8 rotation player. Here he's both.

I hope Ainge gets radical in the next week or so. I hope he churns the bottom half of the roster and brings in 3 or 4 new guys.

(KEEP THE ROOKIES, KEEP AVERY BRADLEY)

WHAT A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE GAME TONIGHT WAS.

Definitely agree with you, except for Green.  Green should be playing more minutes.  He may be a much better player if he is given starter minutes or replaces Pierce in the starting role.  Jason Terry has been very disappointing.  Not sure that he will ever contribute much to the Celtics.  I also don't see him being traded since no other team is going to want him.  Bass was much better last season.  Lee has been good at times but isn't always consistent.  I would imagine that Danny is trying to make a trade or two to improve this team, just not sure that other teams will want any of the above mentioned players that aren't playing great.