kobe and the lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: kobe and the lakers

Well Elias....it seems we are brothers in "fandom" as well as life itself....you put it perfectly my friend......I tip my cap to you......and truth be told....you know I admire the wonderful history of both our teams...as rivals....and as historic and iconic franchises.....remember....Baylor was my first idol as a kid....and I rooted for the Lakers right up until the Bird/Magic rivalry made me take a stand.....it's
    all good man!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...well, I should have said....I rooted for both franchises up until the Bird/Magic rivalry....Boston was always #1.....but the Lakers were #2 and no other team was even close.....for what it's worth....Cool

....there I go stealing your sunglass smily again.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: kobe and the lakers:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of Perk... September 27, 2010 "If I would have played we would have won for sure," said Perkins, sounding more assured than cocky. "By double-figures." Not that the Lakers need any more motivation after what Doc and Pierce have said, but thanks anyway. Every little bit helps.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

How stupid. Now I'm shaking in my boots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]"Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" is not the same as Karma which says "what comes around goes around."  One is saying to treat people a certain way regardless of how they treat you, the other says that what you do to others will come back to you. Also, "you reap what you sow" is not a Western expression that "represents the belief in Karma," it is taken from the verse found in the Bible (Galatians 6:7) which says "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap." Sowing and reaping comes from planting seeds for the purpose of growing a crop of whatever. Whatever you sow is what you will reap. In life, if you teach your kids, for example, that disrespecting authority is okay to do, then when they grow up, more than likely, they will disrespect authority as well. If you drink to much alocohol, don't be surprised if one day your doctor tells you you have cerosis of the liver. If you are lazy, don't be surprised if you don't have a lot of money. Whatever you reap you sow. Karma means something completely different.
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%

Treat people like you want to be treated yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

Celtics Training Camp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kobe and the lakers : If that's the case, who dribbled on baby??
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

That doesn't even make sense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kobe and the lakers : It's okay.  Elias still thinks it's a fact Jerry West played for the lakers while they were in MN.  His "opinion" carries zero weight!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

which is the same as BirdisCoward's weight, who spread the lie that Lew Alcindor's only loss in his (college) career was to Elvin Hayes and UH.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

As much as the Celtics were injured last season, I wouldn't be wishing injuries on an opposing team's star player.

KARMA is something else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I hope both teams are at full strength when the Celtics beat the Lakers in six this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

still the team to beat(celtics) in the east coast.i was excited to see the celtics players after few months of off.can't wait to see those millions fans saying go celtics....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by potging[/QUOTE]

This was in 2008, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I hope both teams are at full strength when the Celtics beat the Lakers in six this season.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

If by some miracle the Lakers will make it back to the Finals to face the Celtics I don't think the series will last 6 games. Boston in five. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]Kobe said he got more rings than Shaq. Thanks to Kobe the Celtics got Shaq for the vet's minimum. Such is life. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Celtics got Shaq because no one else wanted him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kobe and the lakers : Celtics got Shaq because no one else wanted him.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

Atlanta was offering Shaq a deal. Do research first before you post something that you know nothing about. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I read that Atlanta was in the mix. However I doubt that would have been a realistic destination as I don't think they have a hope of getting out of the Eastern Conference.

Boston was one of the few realistic places where he'd land for this season.

You guys should enjoy him, make the most of this season. He's just about my favourite modern Laker (he may well be but I have to think about it a bit more). No Shaq, no threepeat. Good chance he'll be inspired in games against the Heat and Lakers which is a huge plus for the Celtics.