Kobe at age 33 versus MJ at age 33

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Kobe at age 33 versus MJ at age 33

5 x NBA champions......dreams are free!!

Thanks for playing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I am a Celtic fan and Bird guy all the way. But have been watching long enough that I cannot believe anyone compares these guys. Jordan was a 50% from the floor monster. Kobe is a terrific basketball player who comes up big in the clutch, would love to have him on the Celts. But he is no Jordan, no one is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I would take Bird over Kobe in a heartbeat.....Bird was a multi-dimensional player....great shooter and scorer....great team defender....rebounded well (extremely tough guy too)...his passing was uncanny....free throws.....three pointers....you think Kobe is an assassin..?  Bird invented that term....I have never read or heard anything regarding Kobe doing what Bird regularly did....that is, telling his opponent exactly how he was going to score on him....from the spot on the floor to the shot he would take.....and then making it happen....Bird was a legendary trash talker who backed it up more than anyone that I can remember....that's why the called him "Larry Legend"......Kobe is called the "Black Mamba" which is confusing....some of the letters in that nick name are silent....it is pronounced....."the Black Robin"!!  .........ok....just messing with you there....I could't help myself....maybe it's all that "wheelchair" talk I'm so used to seeing!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Thanks for playing!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Agreed there is ZERO Bird vs Kobe comparison. Bird was very rare, a scoring machine who was a willing passer, not COULD pass, but willing/skilled passer.

Not many of those guys.

Oscar Robertson
    Lebron James
    Rick Barry (most the time)
    Isaiah Thomas (Also, most the time)
    Larry Bird
    Jabbar

Walton does not qualify because if he got Forty points you would say, hey did you see Walton poured in forty! Only guys who did not make us blink when they lit it up qualify.

Not many guys who could put up 35-40 in any game, yet would consistently give up their shot to hit the open man. Kobe clearly does not fit into that category. Usually Jordan did not either, although he was more willing than Bryant was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The difference here is that Kobe isn't getting any more rings so he'll finish with less than MJ. By then koberulz will either be in high school or juvi.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Duke,
    Great stuff you laid out for the trolls.  Also agree with you about Bird and of course Magic was much better than Kobe as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Thanks man! .....I will take nothing from Kobe....he is an all time great....don't like the man....and I think he is a very selfish player....but no doubting his skills or will to win...gotta give the man his due there....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Give him his due Duke but maintain his place in line well behind Jordan, Bird, Magic, Russell, Kareem, Chamberlain, Shaq, etc., etc., etc.

Kobe is one of the most selfish players in the modern era.  A symptom of the times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I agree completely!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKKHPRYxvLo

Thanks for playing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe at age 33 versus MJ at age 33:
    [QUOTE]Thanks man! .....I will take nothing from Kobe....he is an all time great....don't like the man....and I think he is a very selfish player....but no doubting his skills or will to win...gotta give the man his due there....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Yes, and would we like him on our team?  Well, maybe not, but still, as I always say, "a great talent"  not necessarily  "a great player."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

It's interesting that a Lakers troll, in a discussion about Jordan and Bryant, brings in a Celtics player - it's either being defensive or knowing that he lost the argument and is grasping for something/anything to save face (didn't work).  Only a 10-year old would try that and expect to get away with that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Kobe never played with a Pippen. MJ never played with a Shaq. MJ never scored 63 points in a mere 3 quarters. MJ never scored 81 points in a game. Kobe is the most prolific scorer the game has seen since Wilt. I guess my opening statement of Kobe having more points and more rings than MJ at the same age struck a nerve with you Celtic fans, as some of you threw Bird and his total of 3 career rings into the conversation.  Cool 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Kobe never played with a Pippen. MJ never played with a Shaq. MJ never scored 63 points in a mere 3 quarters. MJ never scored 81 points in a game. Kobe is the most prolific scorer the game has seen since Wilt. I guess my opening statement of Kobe having more points and more rings than MJ at the same age struck a nerve with you Celtic fans, as some of you threw Bird and his total of 3 career rings into the conversation.   
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

Spot on koberulz....again!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Thanks LakerNation32! Just keepin' it real for these Boston pinheads.  I am not disrespecting MJ by any means. It is actually a compliment to even have his name in the same sentence as Kobe's.

Laughing

Notice how Bird is way down here....  Surprised

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

I have wheelchair's name in the same sentence as Sasha Vujacic.....oops no I dont, Sasha has two rings!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Sasha is a better shooter than Paula also. Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

[QUOTE]I have wheelchair's name in the same sentence as Sasha Vujacic.....oops no I dont, Sasha has two rings!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Excellent point, and also Sasha has a better shot than Paula. Cool

If wheelchair is the truth, then I would hate to see a lie. Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Clearly my post has delivered it's intended message. 2 more rings and more career points is hard to argue with, I understand. Thanks for playing. Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If this person wants a winning argument, he should compare koME at 25 vs MeBron at 25 - that is winnable

koME will NEVER be MJ - as much as he desperately wants to be......even if he ever catches him in rings (doubtful), he will always be miserable because he knows that in life's all-time game, he would come off the bench while Mr. Michael Jordan starts...............................end of story!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Anyone notice how in boston 1 title means your great? Lmao. No wonder they can't go back to back!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

you know, you're absolutly right!  .....Kobe would make the 12 man squad but he'd come of the bench...

C..............Russ, Hakeem, and Kareem or Wilt .....at least for me
    F..............Bird, Baylor, and the Doc
    G..............Magic, MJ

6th Man.....McHale

Bench.......have to think about that....I'll find room for Kobe...and of course West will be on the squad

I am trying to load the team up with not just great players but also those who come with a championship pedigree.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yes, this post did deliver the message.......just not the one you were looking for....according to the majority of posters MJ wins hands down.....I bet even Laker fans would agree if they were being truthful....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Boston's version of back to back:

1986, 2008!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA