Kobe Big money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Kobe Big money

Big contract cuts into lackers ability to bring in more good players

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Kobe Big money

Kobe doin what Kobe does ... gettin paid.

Let them sink with their falling stars. Danny did the right thing sacrificing extended loyalty for another franchise's future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

agree

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And that's cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I guess LeBron isn't going to Los Angeles.....well, at least not to the Lakers......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Celtic fans must have been scrambling for their keyboards the second this news broke.

No, I don't know what the Lakers are doing either. Trust Kupchak, but puzzled.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

I haven't talked about the Lakers all season until now. We have enough problems in Boston. We don't need to rub salt in someone elses wounds. When I have done it in the past it's because there were 10 adolescents forcing the issue and then Celtic Pride took over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I'll talk about what I want Same for u.Not rubbing salt. I find the money amount curious, for the future development  of a long time and future rival

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trax. Show Trax's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't talked about the Lakers all season until now. We have enough problems in Boston. We don't need to rub salt in someone elses wounds. When I have done it in the past it's because there were 10 adolescents forcing the issue and then Celtic Pride took over.

[/QUOTE]

How is your side Forum going? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Celtic fans must have been scrambling for their keyboards the second this news broke."

Some did, and that's a testament to the classlessness of the Laker fans in this forum over the years and their overall rudeness. It's left a mark and it's nothing to be proud of.

You're probably the best of the bunch though you why you hang out here is baffling and points at some kind of flaw. 

I couldn't be happier that the Lakers wil be stuck with this massive contract. 

Why Kobe didn't sign a smaller deal to help his team get better players is beyond me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would not be one to rub salt into any LA wounds.  I would try to find something worse to rub!  I love it when LA screws up and love it more when Kome destroys his own team.  Paying Kome, the physically compromised, 35 y/o rapist $48.5M for two years is an unbelieveably stupid and horrible contract.  Whats better is that his greed and overbearance will drive FAs elsewhere and he will continue to poison the team chemistry on the court.  What a great follow-on to the Pats victory last night.  I have pride in the Celtics.  Celtic pride doesn't extend to L.A.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would not be one to rub salt into any LA wounds.  I would try to find something worse to rub!  I love it when LA screws up and love it more when Kome destroys his own team.  Paying Kome, the physically compromised, 35 y/o rapist $48.5M for two years is an unbelieveably stupid and horrible contract.  Whats better is that his greed and overbearance will drive FAs elsewhere and he will continue to poison the team chemistry on the court.  What a great follow-on to the Pats victory last night.  I have pride in the Celtics.  Celtic pride doesn't extend to L.A.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Careful, there is apparently only one guy with Celtic Pride and I sure don't want to be labeled  an adolescent by the all knowing one

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celtic fans must have been scrambling for their keyboards the second this news broke.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you would "trust" him. The guy is making a bunch of bad decisions over the past few years. This was another one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you would "trust" him. The guy is making a bunch of bad decisions over the past few years. This was another one.

[/QUOTE]

whats new? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont blame Kobe for what the dumb*** Lakers agreed to pay him.  What..Kobe should have did what Duncan did? maybe give back $20M??? Easy for you to say. When was the last time you gave away $20M?

I dont blame Kobe one bit, he gets paid to perform. The Lakers agreed thats worth $40M+ for the next 2 years. Get off your high horses. Kobe should give $20M of what hes worth to another player? HA...

This was clearly a bonehead move by the Lakers and likely miniBuss was the architect... like its his first stupid move?

Im happy. I've always rooted for the Lakers to lose almost as much as for the C's to win. Now I actually root for them against the Clippers & Heat but all things considered, its a happy day whenever the Lakers reduce their chances of winning another title

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Is there any record of a 35 year old player coming back from a blown out Achillies?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Im sure it was a financial decision.  If kobe doesnt' come back, who are you going to pay to see on that team?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When will you stop pretending that it's Kupchak that's calling the shots?

Jimmy Buss is the one calling the shots for the Lakers since 2011.

[/QUOTE]

While Jim Buss certainly is a huge presence, Kupchak is a valuable commodity league wide and would have no reason to stick around with the Lakers if he were completely stripped of the decision making authority.

And if I can't have West, I'll still take Kupchak.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  If Kobe really wanted a chance to win another championship he would have signed a contract for $10 Mill or less per year.   This would have helped the Lakers to make some additions to the roster. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When will you stop pretending that it's Kupchak that's calling the shots?

Jimmy Buss is the one calling the shots for the Lakers since 2011.

[/QUOTE]

While Jim Buss certainly is a huge presence, Kupchak is a valuable commodity league wide and would have no reason to stick around with the Lakers if he were completely stripped of the decision making authority.

And if I can't have West, I'll still take Kupchak.

[/QUOTE]

Why?  Even though Bynum is a tool Kupchak could have gotten a lot more for him than one year of Howard. He thought The corpse of Steve Nash was still a good bet. And now he just gave an obscene amount of money to kobe Bryant. Do you think any other team in the NBA would have given Bryant half that much?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Perhaps its just the lakers way of saying thank you to a player that played such a huge role on 5 championship clubs. Sacrificing the near future because of loyalty. Nah, whoever heard of such a crazy idea. And yet-could it be?

Just wondering

seems

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps its just the lakers way of saying thank you to a player that played such a huge role on 5 championship clubs. Sacrificing the near future because of loyalty. Nah, whoever heard of such a crazy idea. And yet-could it be?

Just wondering

seems

[/QUOTE]

I think that is part of it. It has to be. As a Celtic fan I thank the Lakers for their gold watch to Kobe Bryant.