Kobe claims Dahntay Jones intentionally hurt him last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Kobe claims Dahntay Jones intentionally hurt him last night

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Well, I was wrong on this one.  The NBA issued a statement saying that is was, in fact, a foul.  He didn't give him space to come down.  So, it wasn't called, but it was a foul.

What kobe is mad about (over the top out here, btw) is he thinks it was intentional.  THAT, I maintain is virtually impossible to prove from that tape.

Dirty is not the correct word.  What Wade did to Bradley was dirty.  What Ibaka did to Griffin was dirty.  What KG did to Frye was dirty.  What Artest did to Harden?  Borderline criminal.

It was an unintentional foul which could have happened 2.6 seconds into a game, or with 2.6 seconds left in  a game.

The refs missed it - time to move on.  All this "revenge" talk is making me sick!!

Agree 100%. Watch the tape. kobe starts off going forward and Jones is backpeddling, then kobe stops, pulls up and fades away.

Jones tries to adjust quickly, he stops backpeddling and tries to recover and close the space as quickly as possible. his first move leaves waaayy to much space so he let's his weight carry him forward to remove all the space between he and kobe. He got too close, but that is something that is near impossible to control. 

It's a foul. But It doesn't look dirty. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to coolfamily66's comment:

In response to coolfamily66's comment:

I just saw the replay from the obove angle and when Kome went up, Jones CLEARLY moved in under him! I despise Kome and the Fakers, but the truth is the truth! If you see the overhead replay, it is VERY obvious Kome was undercut

No.............it isn't.  Jones is looking at the ball.  You are saying he intentionally undercut him.  That would mean he's watching kobe's feet and deliberately putting his feet under him.  That did NOT happen here.  Jones is jumping diagonally, and kobe is fading away.  The defender has to get his feet down, too.  There was incidental contact.

Look, if I thought he fouled him or undercut him, I would say so.  But I don't think he did.

KG DID punch Channing Frye in his manhood, and Rondo  DID bump the ref.  This is inconclusive at best.

He knew where Kome was before the play started! Just because he isnt looking at his feet at that time doen not mean he doesnt know where he is! When Kome jumps up, Jones takes a step up under him, I dont care who is looking at who or where the feet are! He takes a step up after Kome jumps

And why shouldnt he step up with his hand extended to try to at least distract Kobe....plays like this happen all the time and anyone who says he was intentionally trying to hurt Kobe has never played bball before and is clueless.  If this were the reverse where Kobe tried to guard someone and the offensive player came down on kobe's foot twising his ankle do you think ANYONE would care?  Absolutely not... and this business of the NBA coming out and saying it should have a foul is totally BS... how many times at the end of games have players been fouled because a ref missed a call and the NBA makes a public statement about it?? Um almost never and because its Kobe they have to stand up for him?? Again totally BS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Well, I was wrong on this one.  The NBA issued a statement saying that is was, in fact, a foul.  He didn't give him space to come down.  So, it wasn't called, but it was a foul.

What kobe is mad about (over the top out here, btw) is he thinks it was intentional.  THAT, I maintain is virtually impossible to prove from that tape.

Dirty is not the correct word.  What Wade did to Bradley was dirty.  What Ibaka did to Griffin was dirty.  What KG did to Frye was dirty.  What Artest did to Harden?  Borderline criminal.

It was an unintentional foul which could have happened 2.6 seconds into a game, or with 2.6 seconds left in  a game.

The refs missed it - time to move on.  All this "revenge" talk is making me sick!!

Agree 100%. Watch the tape. kobe starts off going forward and Jones is backpeddling, then kobe stops, pulls up and fades away.

Jones tries to adjust quickly, he stops backpeddling and tries to recover and close the space as quickly as possible. his first move leaves waaayy to much space so he let's his weight carry him forward to remove all the space between he and kobe. He got too close, but that is something that is near impossible to control. 

Exactly right !!  If this were any other player this doesnt make any sort of headline....do you think the NBA would have come out and say it was a foul if this happen to AB or Lee or JG or even PP for that matter???Answer NO... its all BS

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

It's a dirty play. Trust me I hate Kobe more than the next guy, I just know if somebody did that to me I'd be just as pissed off as he is, there is just no need for it. Thousands of Basketball games happen a year and a play like that never happens. Jones knew what he was doing just like Jalen Rose knew what he was doing when he did it to Kobe in the 2000 Finals (Rose admitted he did it on purpose).

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

Exactly right !!  If this were any other player this doesnt make any sort of headline....do you think the NBA would have come out and say it was a foul if this happen to AB or Lee or JG or even PP for that matter???Answer NO... its all BS

It happened here

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/01/18/nba-admits-officials-missed-game-changing-foul-call-for-raptors-against-bulls/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to celtic213's comment:

It's a dirty play. Trust me I hate Kobe more than the next guy, I just know if somebody did that to me I'd be just as pissed off as he is, there is just no need for it. Thousands of Basketball games happen a year and a play like that never happens. Jones knew what he was doing just like Jalen Rose knew what he was doing when he did it to Kobe in the 2000 Finals (Rose admitted he did it on purpose).

Agree that it was a dirty play. But it was a dirty play well done!

The refs missed it. Well done by Dahntay Jones.

HAHAHA

celebrating another players injury again

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

HAHAHA

who cares!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

HAHAHA

Celebrating another player's injury?

Your mind is so dirty!

I'm just celebrating the refs getting fooled by Dahntay Jones!

photo 50c58891e78f6preview-300.jpg

This quote of your's says it all.

But it was a dirty play well done!

Seems to me your glad that he got injured

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Then the dirty one runs away and hides.

HAHAHA

When Wade hit Rondo in the head in game 2 last year in the playoffs and we would have won if a foul was called did the NBA issue a statement saying a foul should have been called?  I have never heard of such a thing. What a bunch of cra-!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Then the dirty one runs away and hides.

HAHAHA

I am not running away or hiding.

You are saying well done for a dirty play which to me means you are glad at the  outcome of Kobe getting injured.

you revel in the fact that Laker players get imjured.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Did the refs call a foul on the Bulls when Coach Thibs was ordering a foul in a recent game?  Pierce got beat up,  the refs end up calling jump ball,  Bull get tip and end up winning game.  Funny i didn't see a league statement that the refs screwed up and cost us a game.

Kobe has got calls in his favor 10-1 over the coarse of his career.   He is nothing but a crybaby.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I really dont see this as a dirty play at all..

To my eye, Kobe came down wrong, twisted his ankle. Both his feet hit the floor without Jones interfereing. Maybe hes just mad he missed a chippie with the game on the line.

I dont wish injury on other players like Fierce does but Im not shedding a tear either. Not after the curse the Celtics been under injury-wise (with Rondo exception) for the last several years

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Exactly, Karl. Amen and exactly.

Kobe shot a fade-away, and Jones moved forward to contest. The game being on the line, what would you expect Jones to do? The ony reason there was any contact between the two is that Kobe extended his right leg, which connected with Jones' left thigh.

I disagree with the NBA's contention that it was a foul. I completely reject any notion that Jones' play was dirty.

I also agree with an earlier post (forgot by who, sorry) that stated had this been Danny Granger or someone less established, nobody (the NBA included) would be saying squat.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Come on, some guys are just very good in making a dirty play not look like a dirty play. 

Just ask Bruce Bowen!

Done.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9050407

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

What's lame is a Laker troll coming here to tell us not to be happy when a Laker player gets injured.

DUH!

So I guess this means you are happy when a player gets injured