Kobe Injury Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Kobe Injury Update

In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update : My original comment was directed at the OP who seemed to be celebrating the injury. I understand the celtics have dealt with injuries this year and I am not expecting sympathy from fans of other teams - far from it. But reporting it with excitement reeks of a lack of confidence in your own team IMO. The season and playoffs are full of ups and downs for every team - three weeks ago many on this board were ready to jump ship while Lakers fans had a victory parade scheduled. The first round was a good one for the C's and, thus far, a challenging one for the Lakers. The second round may very well be an entirely different story. 
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah.   From one poster. You've never been one to take someone's post and apply it universally to an entire fan base. Have you? That's way too troll like for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonSportsList. Show TheBostonSportsList's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update : Flobus, glad to see you show up.  I guess maybe you are not a troll.  Of course the real ones are in hiding.  Can't say I blame them. I would be too.  I wish we would have picked up Landry.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I love Landry's game. Him and Big Baby coming off the bench would have been sweet. If we didn't need a back-up for Pierce, I'd rather have Landry than Green. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update : Um, yeah.   From one poster. You've never been one to take someone's post and apply it universally to an entire fan base. Have you? That's way too troll like for you.  
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    I didn't believe I was applying it to all Celtics fans. The definitely was not my intent. The original comment was made to the OP, then I explained myself further to concord. There seems to be just a handful of injury cheerleaders around here. The Celtic fanbase as a whole seems to be above that normally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update : Isn't it always great to play teams at something less than full strength and be happy about injuries?  Oh wait, they just did that.  The Cs were a couple of calls, Knicks injuries, and missed shots from going into game 4 being down 2 to 1 but of course when Billups and Amare when down it was a good thing to some people.  Billups and Amare go down and it has no affect on the series and the Knicks s uck but if Perk was in game 7 last year they would have won #18, ummmm, if Bynum were even close to healthy Perk would have never been injured because it would have been the Lakers in 5 and Perk would not have been hurt in game 6. The same people think that based on being able to beat a really bad team missing 2 of their top 3 players somehow means they are playing a lot better now, look crisp, and should be able to steam roll the Heat. The most ironic thing about this is after losing to the Heat Rose and Kobe's injuries will have absolutely no affect on the Cs offseason.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

the difference is that bynum has never finished a season healthy, and, surprise surprise, he's injured again this season. injury history is something you have to factor in when you're assessing the value of a player.

the difference between that and the perk injury (and the KG injury the previous season which prevented us from going back-to-back) is that they were freak accidents: neither player had a history of knee problems, they'd both been highly durable players who'd hardly missed a game in their careers.

that's why shaq was only worth the vet minimum, and JO only the MLE.

yao ming is the best centre in the league, but has never finished a season healthy, so if you had to pick him or dwight howard, you'd choose howard every time.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]We need Shaq from here on out, IMO to win this thing.  Maybe not every game but we need his size and fouls.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

What they need more than anything else aside from his size and fouls especially against a very good defensive team is his 3 or 4 passes from Rondo to within 2 inches of the rim which Shaq lays in and gets fouled.  Why else was Rondo averaging 14 assists per game early on in the season?

Against the Heat this year the Cs averaged 90 ppg while giving up 92 ppg to the Heat but without Shaq in the last game the Cs were only able to score 77.

It seems odd but they need Shaq's offense more than anything else as far as I am concerned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update : the difference is that bynum has never finished a season healthy, and, surprise surprise, he's injured again this season. injury history is something you have to factor in when you're assessing the value of a player. the difference between that and the perk injury (and the KG injury the previous season which prevented us from going back-to-back) is that they were freak accidents: neither player had a history of knee problems, they'd both been highly durable players who'd hardly missed a game in their careers. that's why shaq was only worth the vet minimum, and JO only the MLE. yao ming is the best centre in the league, but has never finished a season healthy, so if you had to pick him or dwight howard, you'd choose howard every time.
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Bynum looked pretty good yesterday but I would tend to agree.

What was amazing to me is how BDC responded as if the Cs would never be able to win another game without Perk.  I tried to explain that there were any number of centers that could easily replace Perk but of course it was explained to me that "Perk was perfect for this team" because of course having incomplete players with limited skills is always better.

Danny just went out and got two guys off the scrap heap who, when healthy, are both better than Perk.  If Shaq and J O had been healthy the Cs would have won 65 instead of 55, would have been the #1 seed, and there would still be the idiots trying to explain how they never lost a series with the starting 5, Perk is a perennial-all-star-defensive- something-or-other......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update : Bynum looked pretty good yesterday but I would tend to agree. What was amazing to me is how BDC responded as if the Cs would never be able to win another game without Perk.  I tried to explain that there were any number of centers that could easily replace Perk but of course it was explained to me that "Perk was perfect for this team" because of course having incomplete players with limited skills is always better. Danny just went out and got two guys off the scrap heap who, when healthy, are both better than Perk.  If Shaq and J O had been healthy the Cs would have won 65 instead of 55, would have been the #1 seed, and there would still be the idiots trying to explain how they never lost a series with the starting 5, Perk is a perennial-all-star-defensive- something-or-other......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Agreed Kendrick Felton Wilt Kareem Perkins never was a all star but wanted 10 mil and was never in the game last 5 minutes of a game. I do not see how you can tie up a payroll on someone you cant have in the game in crunch time.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Why all the talk abput this injury to KoME?  He immediately came back and played the rest of the game.  Look at the play again, it didn't look nearly as bad as when he turned his ankle against Dallas and he didn't miss a regular season then.  Everyone's making something out of nothing.  Maybe they want N.O. to think he's hurt?  I guarantee he plays and goes 100%, even if his anke a little dinged up.

11. This post has been removed.