Krstic!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Krstic!!

This guy has a much better overall game than Perk....better shooter/scorer....better at catching the pass...smarter/higher basketball IQ...not as strong and not the same interior defender....but can hit free throws...and is a legit 7 ft...a better rebounder....that is important...look at Pau...they say he worked out and got into shape...his arms and frame are still string bean...but he is active and a 7 footer....same thing with Nenad....I thought Green was a steal as a throw in....Krstic makes this a double steal...Danny....you did it again!!!!!!  ....and I have been a Perk fan since day #1....he is gone because he chose to move on (see contract)....I wish him the best....but we are better....much better after this trade...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Krstic!!

Tell that to guys like Jump-ball-overtime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Agreed on Nenand.  I was one of those who thought that Perk's deficiencies were greatly masked by playing with all-stars.  On any other team he ends up being a mediocre journeyman.  Krtic is a better all around player.  Probably a fair trade straight up.  Think of it as getting Green and a #1 for Nate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Krstic has made us forget Perk for now.  The guy is truly playing some great ball on offense (he can catch and put it up and he can shoot jumpers) and on rebounding (he's quicker than Perk).   I just hope he keeps this up when playing against big strong guys like Howard or the Bulls or the Lakers bigs if we met in the final.  But, this guy is playing BETTER than he did in OKC (probably because Celts share the ball better than OKC and we play a little more half court ball than OKC does).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Krstic is just learning what ball sharing is all about. He made a excellent pass to Ray for a three point play and had a grin on his face after the pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Thus far this trade is making Danny look like a genius. It should be a good trade in the long run. Krstic is playing great. Perk is hurt again. Nate was a disappointment in Boston. Green is a potential allstar at some point in his career. He's a very good player now and he's only 24. Add a future first round pick to the trade and it's a steal for the C's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In Danny We trust!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Almost 3 weeks and Perk is still not playing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

a lot of people are blinded by his nice scoring and don't see that he gives up a TON of points.

I liked the trade from day 1.

Nenad is a skilled big who wins regular season games.

but Green and the pick are the cake. Nenad the icing.

We will win a title if Shaq can be an 18m 11p 6r 1b guy and Green fills a Posey in '08/Lamar Odom like role for us. Maybe not the 40% from 3, but the 22 mins Pose gave and hopefully better than 6.7 points 3.6 rebounds, w/ a big steal and block each game and athletic/annoying defense that rests PP/Ray if not Posey's gritty veteran smart kind.

Kristic will have little to do with it. He'll replace the 17 playoff mins Sheed gave us last year. Do a lil better than the 6 pts and 3 rbs on 42% shooting Sheed did, but be an overall wash considering even w/ a bad back sheed played better D. He may only have to be PJ Brown. 14 mins w/ a 5-3 instead of a 3-2, but again, not quite the D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Krstic!!:
    [QUOTE]This guy has a much better overall game than Perk....better shooter/scorer....better at catching the pass...smarter/higher basketball IQ...not as strong and not the same interior defender....but can hit free throws...and is a legit 7 ft...a better rebounder....that is important...look at Pau...they say he worked out and got into shape...his arms and frame are still string bean...but he is active and a 7 footer....same thing with Nenad....I thought Green was a steal as a throw in....Krstic makes this a double steal...Danny....you did it again!!!!!!  ....and I have been a Perk fan since day #1....he is gone because he chose to move on (see contract)....I wish him the best....but we are better....much better after this trade...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I don't think Green was a "throw in"   He was the deal maker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Krstic!!:
    [QUOTE]a lot of people are blinded by his nice scoring and don't see that he gives up a TON of points. I liked the trade from day 1. Nenad is a skilled big who wins regular season games. but Green and the pick are the cake. Nenad the icing. We will win a title if Shaq can be an 18m 11p 6r 1b guy and Green fills a Posey in '08/Lamar Odom like role for us. Maybe not the 40% from 3, but the 22 mins Pose gave and hopefully better than 6.7 points 3.6 rebounds, w/ a big steal and block each game and athletic/annoying defense that rests PP/Ray if not Posey's gritty veteran smart kind. Kristic will have little to do with it. He'll replace the 17 playoff mins Sheed gave us last year. Do a lil better than the 6 pts and 3 rbs on 42% shooting Sheed did, but be an overall wash considering even w/ a bad back sheed played better D. He may only have to be PJ Brown. 14 mins w/ a 5-3 instead of a 3-2, but again, not quite the D.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I think Krisitc is a little better than your giving him credit for.  He has been our best REBOUNDER since the trade.  A major weakness that we have had for 2 years even with Perk.  Not sure how many pts he is giving up but his defense will get better.  I think all the new guys need to learn to not worry so much about fouls and quit giving up easy baskets.  I would bet Kristic is scoring more than he is giving up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krstic!! : I think Krisitc is a little better than your giving him credit for.  He has been our best REBOUNDER since the trade.  A major weakness that we have had for 2 years even with Perk.  Not sure how many pts he is giving up but his defense will get better.  I think all the new guys need to learn to not worry so much about fouls and quit giving up easy baskets.  I would bet Kristic is scoring more than he is giving up.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

He only glaringly gave up more than he scored in the games Big Al and Deandre Jordan toasted him. I'd say its been about even in the others. Same w/ his reb's being about equal off/def... but I guess since KG gets such a large % of his boards on D (and murph, even tho he is a minor puzzle piece) then his hitting the glass on offense is a big plus.

His last 2 games have been monsters on the boards for sure, 14.5 per. He was only at 5.5 his first 6 games here tho. Perk off major knee surgery was at 8.5 in same mins before injury/trade. Team gave up fewer pts too. 103-104 per the first 5 games after trade. But we were 5-0.

I am giving Nenad a lot of credit as a better than advertised starter who wins regular season games. But when the playoffs come around we'll hopefully only need him for the 14-18m PJ/Sheed role. Shaq gets half the mins Perk used to and Kg spends more time at the 5 w/ Green and Baby being our 5th and 6th best players and one of them closing all games w/ the 4 all-stars.

If we need Kristic to play his current mins then we likely won't have Shaq healthy and he is the key to #18. Not Kristic.

He is not going to be a 17-14 player every game...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

If we need Kristic to play his current mins then we likely won't have Shaq healthy and he is the key to #18. Not Kristic.

He is not going to be a 17-14 player every game...

He doesn't have to be a 17/14 player every game. How often did Perkins produce those kinds of numbers? I understand your point about the poor defense against DeAndre Jordan, but practically every Celtic had a bad game that night. Overall, I don't think Krstic has been that terrible on defense. He's not as good as Perkins defensively, but he's serviceable, and more than compensates for present deficiencies with his rebounding and offensive skills. His defense should improve with time. He's still learning the defensive schemes, much like Green, Murphy, Arroyo, and Pavlovic.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Krstic is playing like he just got let out of jail. We just need to get Shaq and JO back and BB healthy.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    huh????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Why wouldn't you leave Kristic as the starting center with Shaq as his backup for the first and maybe 2nd round of the playoffs thereby reducing the risk of injury to Shaq before the ECF or Championship rounds?

That 2nd team comprised of Arroyo-Pavlovic-Green-Davis and Murphy looked pretty good today though the Bucks may not have been a good measuring stick on this day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

imgane where we would be if danny didn't pull theses trade, nate and perk out still, danny save this team ...Krstic is the most skill big man we had ever, and he just going to get better and learn how to play D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

You guys are funny! You guys still think this guy is going to win you a championship. His D is as bad as his hair!  Cant wait till the playoffs start.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krstic!! : huh????
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    Don't want to step on toes, but I think he means he is hungry as hell after those lean years. You know...freedom for new things...a whole new world opened up to him. Playing with guys who will get him the rock.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are funny! You guys still think this guy is going to win you a championship. His D is as bad as his hair!  Cant wait till the playoffs start.
    Posted by lalakerman[/QUOTE]

I thought Krstic's defense was good in the second half against Philly (Jordan didn't do much in the 2nd half) and pretty good against the Bucks.  He outplayed Bogut, something Perk couldn't do. I was hoping that he just needs to learn the defensive schemes and after last night, I think I was right.  He's not that much worse than Perk at all on defense.  He did a nice job keeping Bogut off balance. Perk has trouble with skilled big men like Bogut.  Perk is good at defending big men that can't shoot or that have little offensive skill because all he has to do is keep them away from the basket and they can't score. If Nenad can get the defense down pat, he'll offifcially be better than Perk all around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krstic!! : I thought Krstic's defense was good in the second half against Philly (Jordan didn't do much in the 2nd half) and pretty good against the Bucks.  He outplayed Bogut, something Perk couldn't do. I was hoping that he just needs to learn the defensive schemes and after last night, I think I was right.  He's not that much worse than Perk at all on defense.  He did a nice job keeping Bogut off balance. Perk has trouble with skilled big men like Bogut.  Perk is good at defending big men that can't shoot or that have little offensive skill because all he has to do is keep them away from the basket and they can't score. If Nenad can get the defense down pat, he'll offifcially be better than Perk all around.
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]

Laker fans are upset because the Celts traded Perk. With Krstic the Laker bigs would have to work harder on D. Back then the Laker bigs just left Perk open if Perk was not inside the paint. The Laker trolls feel the Celts got better with the addition of Krstic. That's the main reason why they keep bashing Krstic.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Amazing that Celtic fans don't see this as a steal. Perk never put up offensive numbers like this at any time and this guy gets offensive boards and can rebound. It just shows you how the other four made Perk look. What a lot of you are forgetting are the defensive issues some teams will face (Lakers) when we have a center that can score and they have to guard. Spacing will allow for lanes to be driven and easier jump shots to be scorered. I will take 6-2. If we stood with Perk and Nate  we would be down past the Heat right now. I haven't even mentioned how good Green is. Yes, the playoffs are a different beast but this brings us a scoring punch we needed last year in game 7. It wasn't missing Perk so much as we couldn't make a shot down the stretch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Krstic!!:
    [QUOTE]This guy has a much better overall game than Perk....better shooter/scorer....better at catching the pass...smarter/higher basketball IQ...not as strong and not the same interior defender....but can hit free throws...and is a legit 7 ft...a better rebounder....that is important...look at Pau...they say he worked out and got into shape...his arms and frame are still string bean...but he is active and a 7 footer....same thing with Nenad....I thought Green was a steal as a throw in....Krstic makes this a double steal...Danny....you did it again!!!!!!  ....and I have been a Perk fan since day #1....he is gone because he chose to move on (see contract)....I wish him the best....but we are better....much better after this trade...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Funny how when a player plays for another team and posters / fans / bloggers here say how bad the guy s ucks, etc. and conversely how amazing a player is when they are wearing green.

As I have often said Perk and Rondo benefit greatly by playing with the BIG 3.  Now we are seeing that being surrounded by some actual legitimate talent Krstic is actually a pretty darn good basketball player.  Guess what?  He always has been, he just was not surrounded by 3 hall of famers.

Funny how there is also a thread professing confidence in Arroyo.... what a surprise!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are funny! You guys still think this guy is going to win you a championship. His D is as bad as his hair!  Cant wait till the playoffs start.
    Posted by lalakerman[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Now that is funny......sort of like the "Pau" calling the kettle black!!!!! ....talk about matador defense...