Kudos to Doc Rivers....

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Kudos to Doc Rivers....

Good luck on getting control of Rondo!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think young Mr. Rondo has played his last game for us!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

....for playing so much zone tonight. I love it.

Mix the zone and the man for man, it confuses offenses.

(((applause)))  only took Doc 8 years to figure this out.. wonder how long it takes for him to learn something else about coaching

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I think young Mr. Rondo has played his last game for us!

Interesting post.  I still don't see him being traded until he is healthy and plays a few games, which won't happen until sometime next season.  Although, I do agree that if the Celtics are winning games without him, it is definitely possible that he could be traded.  I also believe that they will miss him in the playoffs this year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Personally, i think it's going to be tougher for teams to play the Celtics in the playoffs without Rondo. Remember the games slowdown and become more halfcourt than fast breaking all day. Teams would leave Rondo open and collapse on RA and PP. Now they can't do that because with the ball moving you can't double as easy or Green, Terry, PP will have good open shots.

Can the Celtics match Rondo's triple doubles amongst AB, Lee, Terry, Green...I think so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Personally, i think it's going to be tougher for teams to play the Celtics in the playoffs without Rondo. Remember the games slowdown and become more halfcourt than fast breaking all day. Teams would leave Rondo open and collapse on RA and PP. Now they can't do that because with the ball moving you can't double as easy or Green, Terry, PP will have good open shots.

Can the Celtics match Rondo's triple doubles amongst AB, Lee, Terry, Green...I think so.

I tend to agree with you.  While RR has had some huge playoff success,  maybe it was coming at the expense of the strengths of some of our other players.  Turnovers will be a huge key for our team.  Paul is always going to turn it over some,  Terry makes some pretty bone headed passes as well,  even KG at times.  Those dumb plays can be corrected.

I heard one of the announcers last nite talking about our winning without Rondo and they said something to the effect that we were still good,  Rondo just made those guys better.  I can't understand that. If he was actually making them better then why are they playing better now?  Paul is raised his game without RR,  KG is still KG, Lee and Green are playing better, and JT is as well.  The ball being in their hands help a lot.  Yes the double teaming of players will stop with RR out for sure.  We still take some shots at the end of the shot clock but not near as many as we use to take.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I tend to agree with you.  While RR has had some huge playoff success,  maybe it was coming at the expense of the strengths of some of our other players.  Turnovers will be a huge key for our team.  Paul is always going to turn it over some,  Terry makes some pretty bone headed passes as well,  even KG at times.  Those dumb plays can be corrected.

I heard one of the announcers last nite talking about our winning without Rondo and they said something to the effect that we were still good,  Rondo just made those guys better.  I can't understand that. If he was actually making them better then why are they playing better now?  Paul is raised his game without RR,  KG is still KG, Lee and Green are playing better, and JT is as well.  The ball being in their hands help a lot.  Yes the double teaming of players will stop with RR out for sure.  We still take some shots at the end of the shot clock but not near as many as we use to take.

this team is deeper than last years team. i only hope we use our two new bigs Randolf and White and integrate them into our team before the playoffs start. Garnett and Wilcox need relief.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

this team is deeper than last years team. i only hope we use our two new bigs Randolf and White and integrate them into our team before the playoffs start. Garnett and Wilcox need relief.

Docc Made them ALL better...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i remember being called a feckless rondo-hater for YEARS STRAIGHT simply for pointing out these UNDENIABLE FACTS regarding the effect rondo has on a primarily slow-down pace game style like the playoffs.  has the haze of cognitive dissonance over boston been raised finally?! 

kudos.  now keep it that way and let's get rid of rondo.  he's nothing special.  he could have been but all that potential has matriculated into firm "head case" status.