Kudos to the Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: Kudos to the Celtics

Indeed, kudos to the Celtics for a great effort.  They won 2 more games than I thought they would, and really showed some heart and grit to make up for their relative absence of ability and talent.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I predicted that the Knicks would win in 6 games.  I didn't believe that the Celtics could win this series without Rondo. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

I predicted that the Knicks would win in 6 games.  I didn't believe that the Celtics could win this series without Rondo. 

I believe they could have won it with a different coach.

The Knicks aren't that good.

which player coach did you have in mind??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Kirk your original post was great and I agree 100 percent!!!!

"I believe they could have won it with a different coach.

The Knicks aren't that good."

I think that's ridiculous. Doc inspired these guys to overachieve. The Knicks are the better team with more talent. They may not beat Indiana but they were morre than enough against the Celts. 

To a man the Celts players appreciate how Doc fires them up to never quit, Doc gets credit for the heart the team showed. 

Doc would not be a good coach of a young team but with these veterans he has been terrific. 

Kudos to the Celts for showing that heart, I'm proud of the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So cool  to hear the fans chanting "Let's Go Celtics" even in the final seconds. Cool they came back and made a run. As always, proud to be a Celtics fan.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

which player coach did you have in mind??

Hell, I'd give LeBron the GM title too if he came here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I cried tonight thinking that this is likely the last time Paul Pierce is in Green.

Kevin Garnett is an absolute professional. He was beyond what we could have asked for a free agent. Paul is a true Celtic. I believe he lost the game for us tonight, but I also believe that he carried this team for 10 + years. I could never dislike or tarnish the Paul Pierce legacy. Paul deserves whatever he so desires this off season.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Pierce will come back for less money while KG will retire.

That is my hunch also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

LOTS f adversity. Very proud of our players. Proud of Jeff. Proud of Brandon.

Avery was HUGE the 4th quater this last game. Not enough, but good.

Paul needs to be bought out. KG, please stay. Please be our Tim Duncan forever. Please.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I cried tonight thinking that this is likely the last time Paul Pierce is in Green.

Kevin Garnett is an absolute professional. He was beyond what we could have asked for a free agent. Paul is a true Celtic. I believe he lost the game for us tonight, but I also believe that he carried this team for 10 + years. I could never dislike or tarnish the Paul Pierce legacy. Paul deserves whatever he so desires this off season.

Ok Fierce, lets lay a friendly wager.  I say that if Pierce is on the team, KG will be back.  If I lose, I acknowledge that your prediction was right.  If you lose, you will do the same.  On?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

You mean "culos to the Celtics".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Kudos to the Celtics.

Lots of injuries, but they still put forth a great effort all the way to the end.

And kudos to the Boston fans, for being the greatest basketball fans in the world.

Yes! Despite 4 starters playing over 40 minutes,some bad and should have been no calls late in the 4th a remarkable comeback. It was just not to be. Fatigue trumps desire in the end

Thank you Celtics for a great and very entertaining season!  I'm looking forward to seeing  you  all next year with some help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sure was a great comeback.. if only they won the game, imagine the heat the Knicks would be feeling and the beating the NY media would be giving them

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The probem was:

After Rondo, Sully and Barbosa went down we had no bench similiar to last year.

Green and KG were so exhausted in the end, it was hard to watch. But besides Terry we got not a single point from our bench. And we had no one to spell KG.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Because Rivers would not play Randolph.

Rivers is an idiot.

Haha, yes, Randolph, a 30 year old china cast off would have made a difference. As NO ONE ever gave him playing time, there are a lot of idiotic coaches in the league. Actually, you should be happy with Doc. In this series he changed the rotations as much as you change your starting 5 in your posts. Doc even started Green and Pierce at the 2 and 3.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1626842-is-this-boston-celtics-team-doc-rivers-best-coaching-job-to-date

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Depends on who's brought in.  If Ainge can find a true NBA starting and productive center and a back-up point, PP and KG stay for another go.  If Ainge screws up, this version is over.