Kurz and Downs waived!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Kurz and Downs waived!

No surprise here:

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/45194/celtics-waive-downs-and-kurz.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Kurz and Downs waived!

as expected

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Roster down to 15 now, as Kris Joseph has made the team, barring any other acquisitions.......,.Eddie Curry was waived...LOL...

With Bradley hurt, I think this means only Melo will go to the D-League, but if Wilcox or Darko aren't ready, Melo will suit up until they are!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I kind of want Melo in there to get his minutes..We are going to need him..its a long season...might as well find out if he has game...

Kurz and Downs, we all knew it was a matter of time..Glad to see Joseph still here..like him a lot..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I don't think Danny drafted him to sit for 2-3 years...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

that all true.Fierce, .but i expect to see him see some (limited) floor time during the season. Especially during blow out games..Hopefully we will get some of those given our faster, younger team...lol...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

With four guys capable of filling in behind Garnett at the center spot, Melo will be much better served by playing 35 minutes a night with the Red Claws at the beginning of the season.

After a month of pre-season he probably has improved already, but there really might not even be meaningful minutes in the Celtics practices once Wilcox gets healthy.  So, getting more minutes in practices and especially in games in Maine will be most beneficial for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We have 15 on the roster, we can dress 13.......................with Bradley, Wilcox and Darko out, that puts us at 12.  So, until Wilcox and Darko at least come back, Melo and Joseph will probably dress.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Melo will go to Portland but Joseph may stay.  Darko and Wilcox are back at practice and we are still a week away from game time.  Both Darko and Wilcox will get minutes right out of the gate.  Collins also and that leave nothing substantial for Melo.  In Maine, Melo will get substatial minutes working in the Celtics system.  If he impresses, he can always be moved up later. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Sorry to see Downs go.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I liked Downs, I hope he catches on somewhere. It was the right move though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Until Bradley returns seems like there will be some fluidity with joseph and melo (the 13th and 14th players on the roster) likely bouncing back and forth between Maine and Boston. With potential injuries (and the fact that teams can carry 13) both could see some significant time at the end of the bench, but I wouldn't expect any meaningful minutes from either and both are a long way away from NBA ready. While Melo may have been a 1st round pick, he is a MAJOR project. I actually disagree that NBA time will do him much good at this point. He needs to practice with NBA players and play in the D League. He's really not ready for anything else. His time on the court during the pre-season was embarrasingly bad. He's completely lost and needs to work on basics like footwork and finding his man to box out. He can probably block shots at an NBA level right now, but that's it. 

With Sullinger already proving he can at least be part of the rotation, you have to like a potential 11 man rotation consisting of... 

garnett/pierce/rondo/bradley/bass/green/lee/terry/barbosa/milicic/sullinger 

might not be able to compete with the star power of miami/OKC/and LA, but I don't think anyone in the league is this deep. hats off to danny - the team is younger and more athletic... no matter what happens this season, putting this roster together was no small feat... Bradley is 21; sullinger 20; bass 27; lee 27; jeff green 26; and rondo 26. not saying that's enough in and of itself to ensure a future, but things are looking a hell of a lot better moving forward than they were before and they actually have a chance to compete for a title this year. wow.