LA Beat LA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: LA Beat LA

Yes, but the Clippers are no longer the dormat of the NBA.   Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin both carried the Clips in that last 8 minutes of the game as they pulled it out from being down by 7.   They are 9 and 4 in their last 13 games, beating Lakers, Miami, Denver, and Chicago in the process.  

Clippers have a nice young team and if they can keep their stars and keep adding talent, the will be a playoff team next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It should happen but the Clippers have turned promising many many times over the last twenty five years and never deliver. More importantly they beat the new dormat out there the Lakers.   Boy do they look bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It should happen but the Clippers have turned promising many many times over the last twenty five years and never deliver. More importantly they beat the new dormat out there the Lakers.   Boy do they look bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ha, Ha, Ha......that's true.  I hope it doesn't happen, again.  It would be a shame to see the franchise suffer again.

But, there is one scenario I like......when Blake reaches the end of his Rookie contract, he leaves LA and the perennial losers to join the Celtics!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I would love that....next to Russell and Bird....that's the best thing that could happen to this organization!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Nah, he'll like L.A. so much that he'll join the Lakers. Or maybe not.

Personally would like to see him stay with the Clippers. But the Clippers record for retaining stars and building upon good starts is one of, if not the worst in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

re:  Blake Griffin remaining a Clipper.
    Two words: Donald Sterling

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I think the Clippers management have learned from the past and is not going to screw this one up.  Seeing that they share the Staple's Center with the Fakers, they will want to be a playoff team.  But right now they have an outside chance.  Blake is a draw already around the NBA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Clippers are the only other team I give a hoot about in the NBA. I'm happy for them that they have 2 terrific young players to build around, that's if they stick around. 
        I guess I like the Clips because of their history of bad luck. It's hard to explain in words.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Clippers are the neglected child of Los Angeles.  To see them surpass the Lakers is the second best thing that could happen besides 18.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: LA Beat LA:
    [QUOTE]The Clippers are the neglected child of Los Angeles.  To see them surpass the Lakers is the second best thing that could happen besides 18.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    That's a good way to put it in words. It's kinda liked cheering for Oliver Twist and David Copperfield when I saw the movies. Who doesn't feel sorry for Oliver Twist, David Copperfield or the Clips. All are neglected children, except Oliver and David take place in London and the Clips in L.A.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

what was even nicer was odom and artest got kicked, even though davis and griffin got kicked out.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Damfuno,
    I agree when have we seen a high flying act like Griffin's end without a recurring injury. Your point about his making his teammates better is also right.  The only thing he can do is make other players on the team step up.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

griffen already had a broken knee cap that kept him out for last season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Damfuno, I agree when have we seen a high flying act like Griffin's end without a recurring injury. Your point about his making his teammates better is also right.  The only thing he can do is make other players on the team step up.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I seem to remember a high wire act from a guy named Michael Jordan and he developed an alternative game pretty well.  Come to think of it, wasn't Barkley a massively powerful high wire act who couldn't shoot long range at first.  Now that I think of it, Julius Ervin and a guy named Lebron James might fit that category.  Oops, forgot Amare Stoudemire - I believe he was a human highlight film who's doing pretty darn well right now, even AFTER knee surgery.  Speaking of which, wasn't Dominique Wilkins a human highlight jumping phenom that stayed healthy and stayed great a long time.  I could go on but you get my point.

Wouldn't put it past Blake to continue to develop over time.  he has a decent little mid-range jumper, already.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]I am not sure about the durability of Griffin over an extended period of time.  Most of what he does is a high flying power act which is probably his achilles heel.  Sooner of later he is going to come down from the stratosphere and do damage to his knee which will slowly bring the high wire act down.  When that happens what do you have........not real sure about his BB IQ but he is truly a beast right now.....would rather take a chance in somehow getting Durant even though he just signed a 5 year extension and seems pretty content in OK......however that thirst for a championship may be enough for him to want to move elsewhere .........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Durant in Boston???? Never!!!! Like you said, he signed a 5 year deal.  They may win a title in that time frame.  Where will the Celtics be after next season when KG/RA are gone or coming off the bench.  Its win now in 11 and 12 and start developing talent thats on the team now and drafting folks who can make an impact immediately.

As far as the Clips....I see Griffin staying in LA for a while and will be the man of the town in a few years when Kobe retires. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

The problem with the Clippers (besides their horrible name), is their racist, cheap-skate owner, Donald Sterling. The Clips tend to get star players because they are always losing and the owner gets rid of talent to minimize his costs. Sterling is about profit over winning.

Will Sterling change is m.o.? No way! What else can you say about an owner who moves his team to a city that already has an established team. Adding insult to injury, Sterling then moves the Clips into the Staples Center alongside the established Lakers. Would any other owner in the league behave in such a way, just to save money?

If Sterling had even an ounce of integrity, he'd move his team to another city, establish his NBA team and legacy based on the merits (instead of riding on the coat tails of the Lakers), and change that God-awful name--Clippers. It sounds like a bunch of fairies riding on a yacht.

Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon will do what all the major Clipper players have done in the past--They will move on to a better and more secure NBA franchise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce the truth
    I said there was a good chance of a recurring injury based on the one he had 2008.  Still I hope he goes on to greatness as long as he doesn't get in the way of the Celtics.