LA in drivers seat for DH???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

LA in drivers seat for DH???

Can we top their offers...or Atlanta's..It would make sense to send you superstar player to the other side of the league. You don't want to be facing him several times a year..but I hope Danny is tearing up the lines to find a option and become a player in this...Williams to NJ, Carmelo and AS to NY.
    .Le Brains TOOK his talents to Miami, but has their been a major trade where the star stayed in the same eastern or western confrence??? This does'nt bode well for the Green Team..Gulp..Frown
    \http://bleacherreport.com/articles/751466-nba-trade-rumors-updates-and-reaction-to-potential-moves-around-the-league/entry/108041-nba-trade-rumors-orlando-magic-listening-to-offers-for-dwight-howard#/articles/751466-nba-trade-rumors-updates-and-reaction-to-potential-moves-around-the-league

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: LA in drivers seat for DH???

If they trade him at the deadline (if we have a season), they can get more than Bynum for him.......Smith also wants some team to take Arenas or Turkoglu.....some team with a playoff hope can rent him for the rest of the season.  ORL can get a couple of young players, AND draft picks!!  Now, he still becomes a UFA BUT he can't sign with LAL.  If there is no season, he walks and can't go to the lakers - they are WAY over the cap.  BOS could be a player in that scenario, as we will have cap space and a good team.
    Again, the ONLY way LAL can get him is via trade in the off-season..possible?  Sure, but right now Smith can make demands they can't or won't meet.....this is different than Carmelo because ORL is in the driver's seat here. 
    Difference-  Melo wanted to go to a team that had cap space, so he forced a trade.  He would have ended up on NYK anyway..........here - he can demand a trade all he wants, but if ORL doesn't like the package offered, they can ship him to another team.......what do they care?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Thanks guys,, all good points...but they have to trade him,,can't see orlando letting him go for nothing.....and why would they take some lousy contracts in return.?? Since we don't have a lottery pick, i have a feeling they will want Rondo and/or Green plus picks, as they are  the closest to a young  franchise type players that we have...This is probably where a Rondo/ Perkins combo might have had more value for a trade like this...???

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Unless you have a absolute closer type guy like Bryant once was, I doubt you can win a title with Howard. He is really a stud #2 guy, but misses too many chippies and foul shots, to carry a team all the way as your number one man. I gotta believe Orlando has figured that out by now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH???:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys,, all good points...but they have to trade him,,can't see orlando letting him go for nothing.....and why would they take some lousy contracts in return.?? Since we don't have a lottery pick, i have a feeling they will want Rondo and/or Green plus picks, as they are  the closest to a young  franchise type players that we have...This is probably where a Rondo/ Perkins combo might have had more value for a trade like this...???
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Okay, so let's say you're right and they "have" to trade him.  I agree with Fierce that LAL would not be high on the list, because of Shaq.  In addition, that would be a sign they have given up, right?  Then, why not rebuild?  Would you take  Bynum straight up for Howard, when you could get (as an example) Kaman  AND Foye and a #1 pick?  DH would still be in LA, and would be playing next to Blake Griffin!  I like that better if I'm ORL.
    And who said ORL would TAKE any bad contracts?  I said they would make LAL take a bad contract......Arenas or Turkoglu!!
    I see Otis (my man) holding onto him as long as he can, giving him the max extension possible, THEN trading him at the deadline (if we have a season!!).  Otis saves face because he did everything he could, the kid just wanted to leave - ("we can't hold a gun to his head...." - Lou Gorman) -DH looks greedy and ungrateful in that case, and they will trade him to a LAC or HOU (Scola, Hill., Lowry and a #1) and be rid of him.  I see only a 10% chance of him going to LAL if we have a season, and a 0% chance if we don't have one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Just look at that mess. Player 2011-12 2012-13 2013-14 2014-15 2015-16 Kobe Bryant  $25,244,000  $27,849,000  $30,453,000     Pau Gasol  $18,714,150  $19,000,000  $19,285,850     Andrew Bynum  $15,157,667 $16,473,002       Lamar Odom  $8,900,000 $8,300,000       Ron Artest  $6,790,640 $7,258,960  $7,727,280     Luke Walton  $5,680,000  $6,100,000       Steve Blake  $4,000,000  $4,000,000  $4,000,000     Derek Fisher  $3,400,000 $3,400,000       Shannon Brown  $2,400,000         Dererick Caracter $788,872         TOTALS  $91,075,329  $92,380,962  $61,466,130  $0  $0
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Fiercest34, that was a nice looking graph with great colors.  I'll bet that you got an A in kindergarten for usage of crayons.  .................... Just kidding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I guess, what's being said is our best chance is to hope for  a lost season to become a serious player without having to take on lousy  contracts from Orlando or having to give up too much in a trade...the lousy contracts comment was meant as a slight to LA>..because that,s all they would have to offer..and given that way their season ended and the way Odom and Bynum acted, hopefully made an impression on some teams.

My comment as to "have to" trade is just a metaphor for the fact that you invested so much in this guy, and to just let him walk would not make business sense. See, Williams, Carmelo, etc...Asctually some feel that Denver is a better team today and in the future after the Carmelo trade..
    At the same time maybe this guy is not the best fit for the Celtics???
    I think Danny will figure this one out.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Orlando can always get mutilple teams involved in a trade for Howard.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Remember that Texas has no taxes!!!!! How is Boston in that Department.???
    Thats one of the main reasons that Lebrains went to Miami...Your talking a lot of change left on top of the drawers...Dallas makes sense...La not so much when it comes to finances...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]There are two things DH wants right now, a ring and the max money. If DH only wants money he doesn't need to leave Orlando. There are few places where DH can get a shot at a ring and still get max money. The ideal is DH ends up in Dallas. Boston will have a shot at DH if there is no NBA season this year.  It's possible DH ends up in Dallas, if there is no NBA season this year, because Tyson Chandler has yet to re-sign with the Mavs. The Mavs will be under the cap in 2012, they could use the money intended for Chandler to sign DH.

I'm not questioning you - just asking if you're sure about the Mavs "cap" thing.  Don't they have Marion and Dirk and Brewer and Haywood locked up?  Aren't they going to re-sign Chandler, Barea, Butler and Terry?  That's banking an awful lot on DH - they'd better be sure!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH??? : If there's going to be an NBA season this year then DH to Dallas is out of the question. The problem is if there is no NBA season this year Tyson Chandler and DH are both free-agents in 2012. And the Mavs will be under the cap in 2012. Player 2011-12 2012-13 2013-14 2014-15 2015-16 Dirk Nowitski  $19,092,873  $20,907,128  $22,721,381     Jason Terry  $11,158,000         Jason Kidd  $8,500,000         Shawn Marion  $7,975,932  $8,646,364  $9,316,796     Brendan Haywood  $7,624,500  $8,349,000  $9,073,500  $9,798,000 $10,522,500 Rodrigue Beaubois $1,236,720 $2,227,332 $3,271,951     Dominique Jones  $1,193,280 $1,276,560 $2,299,084 $3,377,354   TOTALS  $56,781,305  $41,406,384  $46,682,712  $13,175,354  $10,522,500
    Another great graph.  I love it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I don't think Mavs're going for DH. They have Chandler already. On top of that they'd need a PG: I doubt they'll rely on 40 y/o Kidd.

AK

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

More evidence to why Howard will be a Laker. Enjoy!

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/08/09/bynum-howard-trade-comes-closest-to-making-sense-for-magic/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Bynum, Howard, Chandler...........it doesn't really matter, they need a PG!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    Sure, LAL can swap Bynum for DH. But wouldn't that be a real deja vu? Remember KB vs Shaq - now it's KB vs DH. Then it took quite some time to make it going, plus KB was coming into his prime, plus they had PJ. Now they have KB running on will power instead of young knees, plus MB. Can you imagine MB dealing with 2 egos after the only way he could deal with 1 ego was to say "Yes".
    Also, as Red-16 and others suggested, they do need a PG.
    Also, all indicators are that Bynum is da man.
    To summarize the above: maybe LAL are in drivers seat but that car's not going anywhere...

AK

25. This post has been removed.