LA Lakers Matt Barnes booked on Domestic violence charges

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

LA Lakers Matt Barnes booked on Domestic violence charges

From yahoo.com:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Los Angeles Lakers forward Matt Barnes has been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, Sacramento County authorities said Wednesday.

Deputies arrested Barnes after responding to what was termed an incomplete 911 call from a residence around 4:16 p.m., according to sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran.

Deputies found Barnes and a woman both with visible injuries, but took Barnes into custody after determining he had been the primary aggressor, said Curran.

The name of the woman was not released, but she was described as "a woman who lived with him and with whom he had a dating relationship."

Barnes was booked into the Sacramento County Jail on suspicion of domestic violence and maliciously obstructing the use of a telephone line.

He posted a $50,000 bond and was released. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Sept. 13, according to authorities.

Barnes, 30, signed a two-year contract worth $3.6 million with the Lakers in July as a free agent.

A UCLA product, he started 58 games last season for Orlando before signing with the Lakers.

The well-traveled swingman had played for the Sacramento Kings from October 2004 to February 2005 before being traded, along with Chris Webber and Michael Bradley, to the Philadelphia 76ers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: LA Lakers Matt Barnes booked on Domestic violence charges

What is it with these LA Laker players, they seem to like hurting women. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

What a punk azz b itch. Six foot seven and beating on a woman. That he claims to love. What a manly man. Maybe he and Kobe can compare notes and swap stories. F***king coward d irtbags .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

being a teammate of Ron Artest, Derek Fisher, and Kobe Bryant have rubbed off on him already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

SWEET!!!
    Maybe Mr. 8 teams in 8 years will get released!!
    Certainly not the kind of conduct condoned by the "World Champs!!"

Oh, wait, yes it is.......................never mind, welcome to the lakers Mr. Barnes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I didn't know that Matt Barnes is from Sacramento. Sacramento is almost my home town.
        Let's be careful about throwing stones. We don't know the details, and it's none of our business anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I know that LA wanted to toughen up their "soft" reputation. I didn't think that it meant that they were going to pick up guys that were only tough with women!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

they should consider special game plans for women... just in case

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: LA Lakers Matt Barnes booked on Domestic violence charges:
    [QUOTE]You people got it wrong, he didn't sign with the Lakers, he signed with the LA Sparks so he could dominate the competition in the WNBA.
    Posted by fiorelladad[/QUOTE]
    That girl defo saw some sparks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't know that Matt Barnes is from Sacramento. Sacramento is almost my home town.     Let's be careful about throwing stones. We don't know the details, and it's none of our business anyway.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

First of all, I disagree with your assertion that  "it's none of our business." Matt Barnes is a professional athlete. Which means he is paid an obscene amount of money to put a ball through a hole. He is also probably afforded preferential treatment on a regular basis by many, including law enforcement. However, it is a double edged sword. Unless he is a complete imbecile, he realizes that as an athlete/celebrity a certain amount of privacy has been lost. That is an assumption that all celebrities must make- because it is true. Knowing this, he still chose to engage in this despicable conduct. As far as I'm concerned, it is my business. And frankly, I wouldn't care if it were Joe Blow down the street or a celebrity. Domestic abuse should be public business. Secrecy is one of the biggest enabling components of this epidemic.

Secondly, why should I withold judgement? Maybe I don't know the whole story. But let's just say I believe the cops. Because I do. When the police arrived, both parties were injured. As far as I'm concerned that's enough.

I couldn't care less who started it. If it was her,then he should have left. Hell, run away if you have to. That's what a man does. The fact that she was injured is all I need to know that Barnes isn't much of a man.

And if somebody reading this has "snapped" and hit their gf or wife ar some point and I've offended you with my generalizations, too bad. You don't just slip and hit your girlfriend. It doesn't happen. Wife beaters are like child molesters. Either you are or you aren't. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

it was considerate of him to give us a reason to dislike him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't know that Matt Barnes is from Sacramento. Sacramento is almost my home town.     Let's be careful about throwing stones. We don't know the details, and it's none of our business anyway.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    sorry you are from CA, that s_cks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA Lakers Matt Barnes booked on Domestic violence charges : sorry you are from CA, that s_cks!
    Posted by fitz0527[/QUOTE]

What is up with all the hate for my state?  Dont think that all celtics fan resides in the New England area.  There are a lot right here in LA, the city you live to hate. Book a flight and I will pick you up from LAX!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA Lakers Matt Barnes booked on Domestic violence charges : What is up with all the hate for my state?  Dont think that all celtics fan resides in the New England area.  There are a lot right here in LA, the city you live to hate. Book a flight and I will pick you up from LAX!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Will you be carrying guns in a guitar case?