Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!!

I do not profess to be Sherlock Holmes here as this has been discussed ad infinitum the past few weeks as our Celtics have collapsed.  Watched the Lakers-Dallas game last night won by LA and , despite Norwitzki’s 25 pts, it was LA’s big men, Gasol 24 pts/9Rebs and Bynum 19pts/14 rebs that ensured the victory. First let me say since I go back as a fan to Cousy days, I hate the Lakers, still pissed about the loss 2 years ago in 7th game blowing a 13 point lead and despite the egregious difference in foul shots 41-18, we still could have won but the difference was, and they shot 32% to our 40% and Kobe only 25%, we lost the REBOUND battle. Yup, I know Perkins was out.

Our biggest need is a big guy..6’11”…7 footer. It is not to exchange PGs  . However, I would do an even up on Rondo for Monta Ellis(I live in SF & go to GS games---fans hate LA same as we do and in sports bars root for us vs LA).  Would love too to get Mo Williams from Clippers for Ray Allen but don’t think they’d bite. Hate to say it but the Lakers BIG 3, Kobe, Gasol & Bynum are more valuable than our BIG 3.  Although our supporting cast is better, theirs does not have to shoot as well as we do but since they out rebound teams, their biggies put in the rebound or pass it out for another shot. As they say with shot after shot, even a blind chipmunk finds an acorn after time.

So, we need get Gasol, Kaman or Gortat so using Rondo for Monta Ellis ain’t gonna do it.  If Genius Danny can get D. Howard and Deron Williams, let KG go along with Rondo & Allen. I'd let PP go too but feel that passing Bird in scoring and the contribution he’s made over the years, he should retire a Celtic. Although being from LA area, maybe he wouldn’t mind finishing his days with Lakers or Clippers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!!

There's no way the Lakers would trade for Pierce....he's hated in Cali and that would make Laker fans sick to the core.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!!:
    [QUOTE]I do not profess to be Sherlock Holmes here as this has been discussed ad infinitum the past few weeks as our Celtics have collapsed.  Watched the Lakers-Dallas game last night won by LA and , despite Norwitzki’s 25 pts, it was LA’s big men, Gasol 24 pts/9Rebs and Bynum 19pts/14 rebs that ensured the victory. First let me say since I go back as a fan to Cousy days, I hate the Lakers, still pissed about the loss 2 years ago in 7th game blowing a 13 point lead and despite the egregious difference in foul shots 41-18, we still could have won but the difference was, and they shot 32% to our 40% and Kobe only 25%, we lost the REBOUND battle. Yup, I know Perkins was out. Our biggest need is a big guy..6’11”…7 footer. It is not to exchange PGs  . However, I would do an even up on Rondo for Monta Ellis(I live in SF & go to GS games---fans hate LA same as we do and in sports bars root for us vs LA).  Would love too to get Mo Williams from Clippers for Ray Allen but don’t think they’d bite. Hate to say it but the Lakers BIG 3, Kobe, Gasol & Bynum are more valuable than our BIG 3.  Although our supporting cast is better, theirs does not have to shoot as well as we do but since they out rebound teams, their biggies put in the rebound or pass it out for another shot. As they say with shot after shot, even a blind chipmunk finds an acorn after time. So, we need get Gasol, Kaman or Gortat so using Rondo for Monta Ellis ain’t gonna do it.  If Genius Danny can get D. Howard and Deron Williams, let KG go along with Rondo & Allen. I'd let PP go too but feel that passing Bird in scoring and the contribution he’s made over the years, he should retire a Celtic. Although being from LA area, maybe he wouldn’t mind finishing his days with Lakers or Clippers.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

I like both your early trades, but not trading Pierce.  He should retire as a Celtic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Magic Johnson believes there's one sure cure for the Lakers’ woes.

"If they can make a trade, they'll be right there competing for the Western Conference championship. We're lacking at the point guard, like we've been saying for the last year-and-a-half or so. But if they don't (make a deal), with Oklahoma City and San Antonio playing so much better than the Lakers, I don't think they will compete."

Magic has put the ball in management's court. Will it be another brilliant assist, or will Jim Buss watch the ball go right through his hands?

Problem for LA is how can they get a PG, Rondo for example, without giving up Gasol and that breaks up their twin towers rebounding dominance !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Magic is right and there lies the problem. A reconstruction of their play would have to occur if the Lakers were to get a top pg. Rondo is NOT that pg!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!!:
    [QUOTE]Magic is right and there lies the problem. A reconstruction of their play would have to occur if the Lakers were to get a top pg. Rondo is NOT that pg!
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

But Ramon Sessions is worth a first round draft choice??

What a clown!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The lakers have been almost injury free, we have been obliterated with injuries. We were coming along three weeks ago and then got hit with injuries. The lakers are a mediocre team just like the Celtics.  When the injuries hit they will fall deeper and deeper into mediocrity as we have. So don't get too excited trolls!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

The only reason Boston has a 15-17 record is because they have played the Wizards repeatedly and they play in the Leastern conference. Had Boston been out west, they would be at 5-27.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]The lakers have been almost injury free, we have been obliterated with injuries. We were coming along three weeks ago and then got hit with injuries. The lakers are a mediocre team just like the Celtics.  When the injuries hit they will fall deeper and deeper into mediocrity as we have. So don't get too excited trolls!
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

They will lose in the first round of the playoffs, after giving one of their two first round picks for the immortal Ramon Sessions........who will then leave at the end of the year anyway......way to go Jimmy!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Why would Sessions leave the Lakers at the end of the year?
    Who else needs a point guard and will pay him more then the Lakers?
    I doubt he walks away from being the pg of the Lakers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Why would Sessions leave the Lakers at the end of the year? Who else needs a point guard and will pay him more then the Lakers? I doubt he walks away from being the pg of the Lakers.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

IF he goes to the lakers, he probably wouldn't.  I'm just trying to irritate little Elven, who claims to have me on ignore.  He is about 15, maybe 16, and very annoying!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!! : IF he goes to the lakers, he probably wouldn't.  I'm just trying to irritate little Elven, who claims to have me on ignore.  He is about 15, maybe 16, and very annoying!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

You have every right to go back at him.
    He is 100% just an instigator.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!! : You have every right to go back at him. He is 100% just an instigator.

And, not to irritate you, but I saw the end of the game only last night.  I really feel that if you get Ramon Sessions, he will be Steve Blake.  Steve Blake will be Andrew Goudelock.  Andrew Goudelock will be Darius Morris, and Darius Morris will go to the D-League.

Close game, 4th quarter - Mike Brown will go to Derek Fisher every time!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!! : And, not to irritate you, but I saw the end of the game only last night.  I really feel that if you get Ramon Sessions, he will be Steve Blake.  Steve Blake will be Andrew Goudelock.  Andrew Goudelock will be Darius Morris, and Darius Morris will go to the D-League. Close game, 4th quarter - Mike Brown will go to Derek Fisher every time!!

With Sessions, LA probably won't be in nail bighters every single game.
    Sessions will become the starter after a little while.
    Yes, Fisher closed last night but half the time now, Blake has been closing the games. Brown finishes whoever played the best in that game. Against Portland it was Blake, against Dallas it was Fisher.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!! : With Sessions, LA probably won't be in nail bighters every single game. Sessions will become the starter after a little while. Yes, Fisher closed last night but half the time now, Blake has been closing the games. Brown finishes whoever played the best in that game. Against Portland it was Blake, against Dallas it was Fisher.

Just asking because I didn't see it,but was the POR -LAL game close?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

No the Portland game was not close.
    LA was up 36-7 in 2nd quarter.
    The lead got down to 8 or 9 late in 4th.
    Blake was hot, Fisher was terrible that game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]No the Portland game was not close. LA was up 36-7 in 2nd quarter. The lead got down to 8 or 9 late in 4th. Blake was hot, Fisher was terrible that game.

Thanks - I still think if the game is close, he goes to Fisher!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!!:
    [QUOTE]I do not profess to be Sherlock Holmes here as this has been discussed ad infinitum the past few weeks as our Celtics have collapsed.  Watched the Lakers-Dallas game last night won by LA and , despite Norwitzki’s 25 pts, it was LA’s big men, Gasol 24 pts/9Rebs and Bynum 19pts/14 rebs that ensured the victory. First let me say since I go back as a fan to Cousy days, I hate the Lakers, still pissed about the loss 2 years ago in 7th game blowing a 13 point lead and despite the egregious difference in foul shots 41-18, we still could have won but the difference was, and they shot 32% to our 40% and Kobe only 25%, we lost the REBOUND battle. Yup, I know Perkins was out. Our biggest need is a big guy..6’11”…7 footer. It is not to exchange PGs  . However, I would do an even up on Rondo for Monta Ellis(I live in SF & go to GS games---fans hate LA same as we do and in sports bars root for us vs LA).  Would love too to get Mo Williams from Clippers for Ray Allen but don’t think they’d bite. Hate to say it but the Lakers BIG 3, Kobe, Gasol & Bynum are more valuable than our BIG 3.  Although our supporting cast is better, theirs does not have to shoot as well as we do but since they out rebound teams, their biggies put in the rebound or pass it out for another shot. As they say with shot after shot, even a blind chipmunk finds an acorn after time. So, we need get Gasol, Kaman or Gortat so using Rondo for Monta Ellis ain’t gonna do it.  If Genius Danny can get D. Howard and Deron Williams, let KG go along with Rondo & Allen. I'd let PP go too but feel that passing Bird in scoring and the contribution he’s made over the years, he should retire a Celtic. Although being from LA area, maybe he wouldn’t mind finishing his days with Lakers or Clippers.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Let me see if I understand the title of the thread..... an all-star, the league's leading scorer, and a way undervalued powerforward vs. a powerforward that is all done, a whiny small forward that will take the Cs for over $30 million the next couple of years, and a 2 guard whose point guard is largle irrelevant unless the 2 guard can get open and he can no longer get open because his opposite number are much quicker nowadays........ is this a legitimate question? thread?  of is the author approaching a 85 IQ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!! : Let me see if I understand the title of the thread..... an all-star, the league's leading scorer, and a way undervalued powerforward vs. a powerforward that is all done, a whiny small forward that will take the Cs for over $30 million the next couple of years, and a 2 guard whose point guard is largle irrelevant unless the 2 guard can get open and he can no longer get open because his opposite number are much quicker nowadays........ is this a legitimate question? thread?  of is the author approaching a 85 IQ?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    I like to joke around and exchange quips as life is too serious but among friends, not strangers.

Did it not occur to you that the people who participate on these blogs are from all walks of life, different educational level,  races, ages etc.  Many comments may seem completely idiotic to you but are you a member of the MENSA society( for the uniformed that’s people with High IQs).  I am a septuagenarian who some 50 years ago did score 120 on an IQ test.  Please don’t give me a rebuttal that perhaps age and dementia has set in to lower my intelligence level. So, unless you denote something tongue and cheek,  sarcasm etc., it would be nice if your responded without sarcasm and reference to one’s IQ.

PS…as I play USTA Super Senior tennis league matches(over 65), I’d like to return serve…as a former Marine,  a DUD,  Mr. or Ms. Dudder(is this someone who makes DUDs),  is a bullet/ bomb etc. that fails to detonate; consequently, is disappointingly ineffective or unsuccessful…TOUCHE’,  I say,  to defending my IQ !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

in Response to Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!! : IF he goes to the lakers, he probably wouldn't.  I'm just trying to irritate little Elven, who claims to have me on ignore.  He is about 15, maybe 16, and very annoying!!
    That's like the murderous evil Netanyahu calling Nazis annoying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]in Response to Re: Laker BIG 3 better than Our BIG 3!!! : That's like the murderous evil Netanyahu calling Nazis annoying.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Do you have any posts about basketball, or are you sticking to attacks on me and hate speech?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I would do an even up on Rondo for Monta Ellis(I live in SF & go to GS games---fans hate LA same as we do and in sports bars root for us vs LA).  Would love too to get Mo Williams from Clippers for Ray Allen but don’t think they’d bite."

Wow glad you aren't the GM. Monta Ellis? has never won anything in his life, not even jump rope. Mo Williams for Ray? wow. Mo and clutch have never been used in the same sentence. 

Trading Rondo for a big is ok by me, but not sure there is a big worth getting...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I thank you BostonTroll Spanker and Red Russ for your replies as opposed to THE DUDDER  ending his reply with something insulting and unnecessary "is this a legitimate question? thread?  of is the author approaching a 85 IQ?” !!!  I did take the liberty of doing something against my nature and responding to him/her in an equally nasty manner.
     -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply from BostonTrollSpanker:

" I would do an even up on Rondo for Monta Ellis(I live in SF & go to GS games---fans hate LA same as we do and in sports bars root for us vs LA).  Would love too to get Mo Williams from Clippers for Ray Allen but don’t think they’d bite."

Wow glad you aren't the GM. Monta Ellis? has never won anything in his life, not even jump rope. Mo Williams for Ray? wow. Mo and clutch have never been used
    in the same sentence. Glad I'm not GM is not an insult !!!

Trading Rondo for a big is ok by me, but not sure there is a big worth getting...

You don't thing Gasol, Kaman or Gortat would be good additions ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply from Red-16Russ-11:

I like both your early trades, but not trading Pierce.  He should retire as a Celtic

I have mentioned "I'd let PP go too but feel that passing Bird in scoring and the contribution he’s made over the years, he should retire a Celtic. Although being from LA area, maybe he wouldn’t mind finishing his days with Lakers or Clippers".

But I meant not to blatantly trade him but ask if he’d like play his remaining 2-3 years in his hometown area.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The one thing we can eliminate here and now is the Celtics and Lakers making a trade with each other. It just does not happen, especially in the middle of the season, and especially involving high-impact players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Right now there's a lot of teams in this league with a better "big 3" than the Celtics. 

LA isn't going anywhere this season, with or without Gasol.  Bounced in first or second round (granted, Boston might not even get there).