Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs.

I still say come playoff time the Lakers will be the team to beat in the west. Home court advantage or not. Remember 2004.They beat the Spurs in 6 and that was one of the Spurs best teams. It's just too early for us all to be writing them off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs.:
    [QUOTE]I still say come playoff time the Lakers wil be the team to beat in the west. Home court advantage or not. Remember 2004.They beat the Spurs in 6 and that was one of the Spurs best teams. It's just too early for us all to be writing them off.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

True

I am not writing them off, I think (and hope) we will see them. I want to beat them.

Of course it would be kind of nice symmetry to see LA lose in the 2nd round (like we did to the Magic in '09) then we beat the Spurs. In the process we end any Rondo vs. Parker and Manu vs. Ray debates. Seeing KG outplay Duncan for his 2nd ring, since he was overshadowed by Duncan out West for a decade, would be great.

At that point there would be 2 rings each boston and LA. 1-1 vs each other and than 1 vs someone else when the other went down in the 2nd round.

Of course, '11 Spurs will be a better team than the '09 Magic to dispose of AND LA should be healthier than the Celts team that took the Magic to 7 w/o KG.

Advantage since '08... Boston

If we can hold off Miami (major bench upgrades needed) and LA OKC in '12 (anyone see SA doing this again?) then we can have a rubber match for both our 1-1 vs. e/o AND best team in the the past 5 years.

After that the rest of this decade turns to a Miami/OKC decade IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

LA's issues are serious though...

Artest is givingng the team 3 less points, 1 less assist and 1.5 less boards this year, while his body is supposedly in better shape based on 'getting ready for Durant' this summer he's less interested and into the games.

Gasol does get credit for being the real MVP of the '10 finals (dumars, parker, maxwell and worthy were all given a deseved MVP over Isiah, Duncan, Bird and Magic... yet they give 6-24 the MVP last year? garbage). but he's failed to give the 22-11 they need to beat good teams this year.

You can blame KoME for nights with 41 points and zero dimes, but Gasol is not taking over like he should. He has been the same regular season player the past 3 years. The only stats diff is 1-2 more boards per and that is b/c Bynum has been out/hurt for a lot of it. Bynum is a better rebounder.

Odom is the same Odom as always, except somehow scoring 4 more points per game than 09-10 makes him a borderline all-star? HA.

Fisher is a terrible flopper whose skills have been in rapid decline since '09. The '01 and '08 Fish were surprisingly the same guy. Now he is washed up. Blake is Farmar so they didn't upgrade much their.

Bynum is hurt again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Basically Kobe is Kobe, but at this stage of his career he needs to be averaging MORE assists, not LESS and working to shoot better from beyond the arc, not WORSE. He's a 31% 3p shooter and 82% Ft shooter.

If he was a 21-7-7 guy who shot 48/38/87 they would be sooooo much better.

If he could do THAT and Gasol was a 24-12 all-NBA 2nd team player who plays ALL games vs. Duncan/KG/Bosh like the '10 finals... well they'd be pretty darn awesome.

Instead Kobe is posting similar but slightly worse stats than the past few years and Gasol is the same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs. : True I am not writing them off, I think (and hope) we will see them. I want to beat them. Of course it would be kind of nice symmetry to see LA lose in the 2nd round (like we did to the Magic in '09) then we beat the Spurs. In the process we end any Rondo vs. Parker and Manu vs. Ray debates. Seeing KG outplay Duncan for his 2nd ring, since he was overshadowed by Duncan out West for a decade, would be great. At that point there would be 2 rings each boston and LA. 1-1 vs each other and than 1 vs someone else when the other went down in the 2nd round. Of course, '11 Spurs will be a better team than the '09 Magic to dispose of AND LA should be healthier than the Celts team that took the Magic to 7 w/o KG. Advantage since '08... Boston If we can hold off Miami (major bench upgrades needed) and LA OKC in '12 (anyone see SA doing this again?) then we can have a rubber match for both our 1-1 vs. e/o AND best team in the the past 5 years. After that the rest of this decade turns to a Miami/OKC decade IMO
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    No I don't want to play them.(Lakers) I would rather play the Spurs. If we lose to the Spurs the Lakers still have one less title then us. Why give them the chance? Plus I think we match up better with the Spurs even tough Janobli is playing out of his mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I meant i hope we face them as far as getting past Miami, who i fear more than LA and SA

But yeah you are right... i'd rather play the spurs simply b/c a loss means LA is still one behind and we match up better w/ SA.

Gasol is still 4-5 years younger than Duncan and Kobe the best player in the series knowing he has just a handful of games left to tie Jordan..

so i agree

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

if bynum is healthy, i believe LA might be able too. look how the celtics played last year during the season and playoffs. SA is playing good, but they lack some size once duncan is out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Scare or worried about teams in the East(or West)...why?????  We haven beaten the best of the rest at less than full stregnth.