Lakers caught all the fish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Lakers caught all the fish

Since the no heart Lakers have been on a fishing retreat for some time after getting humiliated by the Dallas Mavericks and showing no heart at all (unlike our fine Celtics team) if the Celtics do lose this series (again we haven't quit yet like the Lake show) Will there be any fish left if we go on vacation? 

I'm worried about this, because if you think about it, the lakers looked like they were on vacation when the Dallas series started. After they dropped two at home (something our fine Celtics wouldn't have allowed) you saw Gasoft clearly planning some quality boating time. 

It's a shame when a team quits on a coach like Phil Jackson in last season, because they already had summer vacation plans but that's the way weak teams like the Lakers roll.  

The question is with an aging core locked up with no contract flexibility, unlike our fine Celtics team which has nearly all contracts coming off the books in two years will the Lakers compete any time soon, or will they be the best fishing team in the league? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Lakers caught all the fish

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Phil Jackson doesn't retire.  Similar to Bret Favre who said he was retiring several times and then changed his mind before the NFL season started. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers caught all the fish:
    [QUOTE]It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Phil Jackson doesn't retire.  Similar to Bret Favre who said he was retiring several times and then changed his mind before the NFL season started. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

He'll retire. He was positvely happy the Lakers season was over. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

....can you say the New York Knicks if CP3 opts to go there.....? ...you know that any time a team is in place and loaded that Phil will be ready....in his next lifetime the Zen Master hopes to start from the bottom, build a team, and take his chances...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Lakers caught all the fish:
    [QUOTE]Since the no heart Lakers have been on a fishing retreat for some time after getting humiliated by the Dallas Mavericks and showing no heart at all (unlike our fine Celtics team) if the Celtics do lose this series (again we haven't quit yet like the Lake show) Will there be any fish left if we go on vacation?  I'm worried about this, because if you think about it, the lakers looked like they were on vacation when the Dallas series started. After they dropped two at home (something our fine Celtics wouldn't have allowed) you saw Gasoft clearly planning some quality boating time.  It's a shame when a team quits on a coach like Phil Jackson in last season, because they already had summer vacation plans but that's the way weak teams like the Lakers roll.   The question is with an aging core locked up with no contract flexibility, unlike our fine Celtics team which has nearly all contracts coming off the books in two years will the Lakers compete any time soon, or will they be the best fishing team in the league? 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]
    If a better team beats the likes of LA at home it could happen to any team including the Celts. Fan entitlement doesn't make any team better because they are their team. I'm certain that somewhere in the Celts' historical past that they lost 2 openers at home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

....funny how Phil's coaching skills eroded during that two year stretch that Michael tried playing baseball....of course Phil recovered his skills shortly thereafter and continued to win again...then there were those LA years where his skills went back and forth for a while....strange huh...?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]....can you say the New York Knicks if CP3 opts to go there.....? ...you know that any time a team is in place and loaded that Phil will be ready....in his next lifetime the Zen Master hopes to start from the bottom, build a team, and take his chances...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    He'll probably be in Miami after they pick up Superman at center. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK Laker fans.....just having a little fun....of course Phil is an all time great coach...I think Red gets the nod since he retired with 10 titles at age 50....then orchestrated another 6 as GM and President....he built the Celtic dynasty!!  ...coach, scout, general manager....he excelled wearing multiple hats....and he called most of the shots...his legend was such that every weekend, during the NBA telecast, there was "Red on Roundball".....I'm sure a lot of you remember that...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]OK Laker fans.....just having a little fun....of course Phil is an all time great coach...I think Red gets the nod since he retired with 10 titles at age 50....then orchestrated another 6 as GM and President....he built the Celtic dynasty!!  ...coach, scout, general manager....he excelled wearing multiple hats....and he called most of the shots...his legend was such that every weekend, during the NBA telecast, there was "Red on Roundball".....I'm sure a lot of you remember that...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

11 /> 9
    Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]....funny how Phil's coaching skills eroded during that two year stretch that Michael tried playing baseball....of course Phil recovered his skills shortly thereafter and continued to win again...then there were those LA years where his skills went back and forth for a while....strange huh...?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Amen, Duke and lets not forget Red retired at 48, how old is Phil, 66?  Red actually has 16 rings!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers caught all the fish : 11 /> 9
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

16 /> 11

:-D

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers caught all the fish : He'll probably be in Miami after they pick up Superman at center. 
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

Another troll who knows nothing about the salary cap......or basketball!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers caught all the fish : 16 /> 11 :-D
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Dead Red coached 16 championship teams? 

Only in boston, my friends, only in boston. Tongue out

11 /> 9

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]OK Laker fans.....just having a little fun....of course Phil is an all time great coach...I think Red gets the nod since he retired with 10 titles at age 50....then orchestrated another 6 as GM and President....he built the Celtic dynasty!!  ...coach, scout, general manager....he excelled wearing multiple hats....and he called most of the shots...his legend was such that every weekend, during the NBA telecast, there was "Red on Roundball".....I'm sure a lot of you remember that...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Loved Red on Roundball- and his coaching tree is quite extensive, too.  How many of Phil's ex-coaches have done anthing, aside from the immortal Kurt (lottery) Rambis?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers caught all the fish : Dead Red coached 16 championship teams?  Only in boston, my friends, only in boston. 11 /> 9
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

He GM'd 7 more on top of his 9

Only a Lakers fan would discredit a guy who actually stuck around long enough to develop and build teams rather than hopping around to whatever roster is already assembled

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I here the Lakers like Carp.