Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely

In Response to Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely:
    [QUOTE]Dudder, I'm not so sure the Lakers become the Pistons. The Lakers have one ace chip to use for bargaining power to get them a superstar...Bynum. He's a 7 footer who is still young. All you need is one chip that you can trade. In addition it's the Lakers and LA and guys will go there just because they're the Lakers. For Boston, their chip is Rondo but I highly doubt he's going anywhere unless the C's win 2 more titles and then Ainge may say time to reload. The Spurs to me are the team likely to be the Cavs. I don't see Pop sticking around after Duncan is gone. The Spurs lucked out by getting Duncan and made the most of it.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I generally agree and I know that GMs think that their ship has come in if they can get a legitimate big let alone a star quality big but I think Bynum needs to go at least 3 years in a row before any GM would even consider trading anything for Bynum.

p.s. how did they get Bynum?  They became the Cavs for a year after being very good for a long time with Shaq and Kobe - Shaq leaves, you are left with the Cavs..... they won 34 games and that alone enabled them to draft Bynum.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Spurs can keep this pace but its unlikely. But one reason they can is cause the NBA is now a league of HAVES and HAVE NOTS.  Like the nfl years ago... a handful of great teams, the rest garbage. Who really has a legit shot at the title? Boston, Miami & Magic in the east. Lakers, Spurs & Mavs in the west. Nobody else has a prayer to win a title.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Of course its difficult for the Spurs to keep it up and win at this pace.  It would be 73 and 9 or 72 and 10 at this pace.  But, even if they don't keep up this pace, they'll be in the mid to high 60's in wins and Duncan will not have nagging injuries for the playoffs.  He's playing 26 mins/game.  Tonight, he played 35 mins like he would in the playoffs because Pop said during the game (I watched the 2nd half) "Tim wants to play so I'll let him play more tonight".  Duncan wanted to avenge a lost in NYC.  Result:  

Duncan:  21 pts
                 16 rebounds
                   5 blocks (and many altered shots)
                   8 Assists
     Holds Stoudemire to 8 for 25 shooting, 2 free throws, and 18 points.

Think Duncan won't play more minutes and play well in big games and that Spurs can't hold up against the Lakers?  Time will tell!

I'd like to see Lakers for revenge in the finals, but if we get through the East, we may well face the Spurs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the Lakers continue to attempt more than 20 3-pointers every game they're not going to make it back to the Finals. What's the use of having the best frontcourt in the NBA if you're not going to use those frontcourt players to attack more often.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]The biggest problem I see for the Lakers at this point is motivation. And certain players on this team are clearly not very motivated for the regular season. It's not a new issue for the team. I would, however, be shocked if they didn't turn it way up come playoff time. And I don't see the Spurs keeping this up this level of play for an enitire season. My two cents.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

The Lakers of this past decade was not motivated for the regular season. Witness the 56-, 58- and 57-W teams that ended up with the title in 2001, 2002 and 2010. Of course, it would be nice if they had treated the regular season like the 90s Bulls, but it is what it is.

The perfect playoff scenario: let the Heat/Bulls/Magic do the dirty work against the Celtics and then lose to the Lakers in the finals because the Lakers have HCA against any one of these teams. That's the story of the playoffs in the past 2 seasons: the teams that would have had HCA against the Lakers couldn't make the finals, and actual eastern finalists didn't have HCA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics almost won the whole thing without home court last year.  They have built the team with the hopes of a strong overall season record, but clearly they have personnel that have made them better than last year.  At least on paper,  so this talk of HCA is overblown.  The Spurs will most likely get it and it will definitely not help them win in the West.  The playoffs will as the Cavs and Magic found out last year level the playing field.  We need to see KG playing like he has, Delonte contributing like he did in pre-season and Perkins to be a workhorse to provide Shaq with rest and fouls protection.  If Ray, Rondo and Pierce are healthy as well the Celtics should win this thing easier than in 2008.  It assumes a lot by HCA is not the end all.  We may do it but we have a fragile roster and nothing like that can be assumed.  This next month is likely to present some unexpected developments.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

It will be what all the pundits originally predicted: Heat-Lakers Finals. Count on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

In Response to Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely:
    [QUOTE]Lakers lost again tonight. The Spurs on the other hand just keeps rolling. Without home court advantage I seriously doubt the Lakers will be able to beat the Spurs in a 7-game series. Unless of course Duncan, Manu, or Parker suffers a major injury during the playoffs.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Not so fast Peckrhead.  Your clowns just lost to the lowly Wizards who have the 4th WORST RECORD IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!  Last I looked Lakers are only 3 games out in the lost column behind the injury riddle Celtics.  The real season doesn't start until after All Star break.  Jump back on the bandwagon and ride it to clownsville.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely : Not so fast Peckrhead.  Your clowns just lost to the lowly Wizards who have the 4th WORST RECORD IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!  Last I looked Lakers are only 3 games out in the lost column behind the injury riddle Celtics.  The real season doesn't start until after All Star break.  Jump back on the bandwagon and ride it to clownsville.   
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

The Celtics lost to the Wiz and THE TROLLS ARE BACK!

HAHAHA!!! AGAIN!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely : HAHAHA!!! The Celtics lost to the Wiz and THE TROLLS ARE BACK! HAHAHA!!! AGAIN!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

And you loss to the lowly Wizards tonight?  Doc tries to run out his bench late in the third and fourth and they BLOW UP big.  No answers so you run your mouth like a junior high school kid. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely : And you loss to the lowly Wizards tonight?  Doc tries to run out his bench late in the third and fourth and they BLOW UP big.  No answers so you run your mouth like a junior high school kid. 
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]

Is it really that frustrating for you trolls to be on this board on nights when the Celtics have a game hoping the Celtics would lose a game?

HAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Yeah Fierce, the Lakers always beat the stiffs and lose to the good teams.  Actually they don't, they have lost to the Clippers, Bucks, Grizz, etc.  Trolls your second half schedule will very challenging considering you have not played anybody yet and stayed at home most of the year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah Fierce, the Lakers always beat the stiffs and lose to the good teams.  Actually they don't, they have lost to the Clippers, Bucks, Grizz, etc.  Trolls your second half schedule will very challenging considering you have not played anybody yet and stayed at home most of the year. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Here we go with the stupid schedule theory.  Last time I looked all teams play 80+ games.  Yeah, Lakers are in a bind with third best record in the league.  You best be concerned about injuries going down the stretch. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely : Here we go with the stupid schedule theory.  Last time I looked all teams play 80+ games.  Yeah, Lakers are in a bind with third best record in the league.  You best be concerned about injuries going down the stretch. 
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]

Is that you, Qdaddy?

HAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Laker fans have their own reality.  They are doing just fine, everything is going according to schedule.  Third best record in the league,  when Matt Barnes comes back, your team will be unbeatable,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely : 3 teams have won 15 of the last 20 (Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls) and during the same time only a handful of others have been the opposing contenders. It is theoretically cyclical - the very bad teams draft the best players and the best teams draft the worst players and as the bad teams acquire the best players they should climb out of misery and the best should trend down as the stars wane. Since compiling the BIG 3 the Cs have drafted zero stars for the future while the Clippers entire starting 5 (when healthy) are lottery picks and probably what you would consider one of "the haves" if Kaman were healthy right now.  They are 16 and 25 and there is no doubt in my mind their record would the opposite had Kaman not gotten injured. In a couple years the Cs will be the Cavs and just a few short years ago Joe Dumars was considered one of the best executives in the league and now how he is still employed is beyond me. Of course the things that disrupt the cyclical nature are the big trades - Shaq to the Lakers, Pau to the Lakers, and the new method - players engineering their own movement. The Lakers have no plan B and will soon become the Pistons, ditto for the Spurs - Duncan goes and all of a sudden Pop forgets how to coach, etc. The Bulls, Clips, Kings, Hawks, and a few others have very strong young groups - it is a matter of whether they can add additional key pieces and wait until the "haves" become "have nots".
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Haven't you learned anything?! The Lakers are the best run organization in the NBA...second to none. They're always looking at ways to improve the team. In case you aren't aware, Blake Griffin's contract expires at the same time as Kobe Bryant's. Blake plays in the Staples Center where 16 Championship banners hang and he sees them at EVERY home game. He lives in L.A., he knows the nightlife. Don't think for a minute that he hasn't heard this. Mitch Kupchak is probably already laying the groundwork to make his pitch and land him to a HUGE contract. So no, they won't be the Pistons.

As for the C's, other than Rondo, what quality players will be leading the C's in 2-3 years? Allen, Garnett and Pierce are already on the downside of their careers, so I don't think there's a "Plan B" in place in Beantown. The Celtics will be the Pistons in a few years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely : Is that you, Qdaddy? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

No...I'm over here.

But...what HE said!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]The Laker fans have their own reality.  They are doing just fine, everything is going according to schedule.  Third best record in the league,  when Matt Barnes comes back, your team will be unbeatable,
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Now you're learning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

@ QDADDY: The future for the CELTICS???????  Rondo, Perk, BBD, Semih Erdan, Bradley.....I wouldnt mind keeping Quis and Wafer!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Lakers will be motivated and get ten points worth of calls form the reffs in the first three quarters of play.  Could be the difference, was last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely : No...I'm over here. But...what HE said!
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Qdaddy showed up before the Cavs/Celtics game. This means the Celtics will surely beat the Cavs on Tuesday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers/Celtics Finals Unlikely : Qdaddy showed up before the Cavs/Celtics game. This means the Celtics will surely beat the Cavs on Tuesday.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You're the man-troll, Qdaddy.