Lakers: Classless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Re: Lakers: Classless

Well some of you let things get out of proportion. This is just a game. It isn't life or death. And yes the Lakers embarrassed themselves and it was a way to give L.A. and especially Kobe his "come-uppence" for the years of destroying Dallas.

So I congratulate Dallas and look forward to watching some quality basketball as each series unfolds. This just proves that the mental approach to the game is just as critical as the physical. The momentum was killed in game 1 against Dallas when Kobe hogged the ball on 4 plays when the Lakers were ahead by 16 points, letting his ego get the best of him. Those 4 plays? 2 3 point air balls and 2 turnovers giving life to Dallas. Those 4 plays turned the series into a meltdown for L.A.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers: Classless:
    [QUOTE]Well some of you let things get out of proportion. This is just a game. It isn't life or death. Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

So this is just another way of saying "I didnt really care who won" once your team loses Weak sauce.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Absolutely wonderful to watch Dallas take out the Lakers. And what they pulled at the end of the game was a disgrace to that organization and to basketball. They should be embarrassed for their actions and there should be fines and suspensions to follow for NEXT season. Great job Dallas. You guys took out the champs. Well played.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flot. Show flot's posts

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/BYNUM_IS_SCUM.gif.pagespeed.ce.gxAeOzgiiO.gif

No apologies:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6509409

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Fakers didn't earn last years rings and it showed the gutless punks quit ,gave up didn't even have enough self respect to finish the game. Refs gave them 1 ring and they couldn't earn one. Jackson the most overated coach ever . Never biult a team could only win with the help of sterns henchmen, his team displayed his personality classless shallow jerk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

When Magic said that the Lakers needed to blow up the team, and every one but Kobe was open for trade, I think he has it backwards.

Kobe is the guy that they must move. He is at the tail end of his career, and he will not handle a secondary role gracefully.

He was responsible for Shaq leaving, KG going to Boston, and he is likely responsible for the "lack of trust" issue that has been mentioned as the Laker killer.

Kobe must go. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

And Bryant called the Lakers "the good guys".

Puh-leeese....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Bynum has issues as you can all see. Don't like what he did at all. Feeling bad for Pau and Fisher right now. Just sad that we didn't win a single game in the series. Came close in game one but after that it was really terrible. Certainly the end of our current 'era'. Without Jackson I can't see us doing that much. Could be wrong, thing is I never expected this from Dallas of all teams. Really am still shocked about it. Still kudos to Dallas. Well played, very well played.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

You are a great fan and a great person.  I think your team will be just fine with the management you have in place.  Every team goes through a rebuilding phase but I've never counted you guys out.  Thank you for being here and for encouraging US!  Hope to keep seeing you here as we do everything in our power to take out the Heat!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics at full strength BLEW OUT LA in '08  Celtics w/o KG managed to take Orlando to 7 games in '09. Celtics were up 3-2 on LA before Perk went out. Meanwhile Ray's injury prohibited him from shooting well and the refs gifted LA TWENTY more FT's... but we still only lost by 4 in game 7 in '10 In 2011, our season is far from over as we show heart (Rondo!) against a younger more athletic team playing dirty ball... while the classless Fakers get BLOWN OUT again by 30+. What a pathetic team... gifted titles... in 2 of the past 4 years and then shamefully obliterated in the other two series after they knew they had no shot of winning. HA!
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

GREAT POST

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

The hit by Bynum could of kill Barea.   That spot is one of the weakest spots on the human body.  Should be a criminal charge on Bynum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I don't know if anybody heard Phil Jackson's press conference but when asked if he was disappointed he made a point to say that he was very disappointed in the way Bynum and Odom reacted to the frustration of the game. He said he already told the players that before he came to the presser.

Something is wrong in LA because that team has more talent than they showed in this series and aside from Bryant they showed no heart today and made it worse acting so poorly in the closing minutes of a terrible performance.

I am not as sure as some that the Lakers are gone from the stage. There is something wrong in the room right now but having a new coach and Gasol, Bynum, Odom and Kobe is a pretty good core to build arounf and uniquely big up front with strong skills. If I had to bet I would bet that part of the problem in the room was Artest, who once he had his ring may have resorted to his customary role as destroyer of organizational harmony.

Kobe is so arrogant in victory I can not say I shed a tear to see him suffer this indignant defeat. But as much as I dislike Phil he was a worthy opponent and it is sad he went out with his team showing no heart, no will and bad sportsmanship.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Just saw the replay on Bynum... unreal.  Such lack of class not only reflects on Bynum and Odom themselves, but also on their leader Kobe (not a surprise) and their coach.  That has to be a fine and (long) suspension for Bynum.
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

Agree.  It was really disgraceful for both of them to act like that today. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]When Magic said that the Lakers needed to blow up the team, and every one but Kobe was open for trade, I think he has it backwards. Kobe is the guy that they must move. He is at the tail end of his career, and he will not handle a secondary role gracefully. He was responsible for Shaq leaving, KG going to Boston, and he is likely responsible for the "lack of trust" issue that has been mentioned as the Laker killer. Kobe must go. 
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

Exactly right, Kobe is the one who should go!!  Plus what great player in his right mind would want to play on Kobe's team?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Exactly,

Why would they get rid of Bynum and Gasol?

Maybe they will take Murphy, and we can trade Kobe to the Clippers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if anybody heard Phil Jackson's press conference but when asked if he was disappointed he made a point to say that he was very disappointed in the way Bynum and Odom reacted to the frustration of the game. He said he already told the players that before he came to the presser. Something is wrong in LA because that team has more talent than they showed in this series and aside from Bryant they showed no heart today and made it worse acting so poorly in the closing minutes of a terrible performance. I am not as sure as some that the Lakers are gone from the stage. There is something wrong in the room right now but having a new coach and Gasol, Bynum, Odom and Kobe is a pretty good core to build arounf and uniquely big up front with strong skills. If I had to bet I would bet that part of the problem in the room was Artest, who once he had his ring may have resorted to his customary role as destroyer of organizational harmony. Kobe is so arrogant in victory I can not say I shed a tear to see him suffer this indignant defeat. But as much as I dislike Phil he was a worthy opponent and it is sad he went out with his team showing no heart, no will and bad sportsmanship.  
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed one or two of those guys will NOT be here next year  - lockout or no!  They have ZERO cap room!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Guess there won't be any rioting outside of Staples Center this year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers: Classless : Guaranteed one or two of those guys will NOT be here next year  - lockout or no!  They have ZERO cap room!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]None of that core is going to be a FA. Bynum is going nowhere is my guess, Jim Buss has a huge man-crush on him and his knee issues aside (which aren't minor) after Howard, is there a better young center? Odom just resigned with LA. A Gasol trade is possible but the three bigs make them unique.

They probably should start Odom at the 3, he is athletic enough to cover most 3's and while Gasol is a pretty weak 5 at 4 there aren't too many guys that are mismatches (Dirk happens to be one). 

Hey, I live in LA and hate the damn car flags, the swagger and the guff I take for being a C's fan. I am old enough I remember 69 and 85 and 87 too. I was as happy as anybody to see the Lakers crash and burn in 4 straight. 

But I am not blind to the fact that what was wrong with that team was no point guard (that's on Phil he has never known how to use one) and like the C's a bench that did not deliver.  There is still a solid core there, under contractual control and younger than the C's Big 3. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Kobe is gone

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Wow. Classless is right. They were getting their butts whipped and they couldn't take it like a man. Bynum. This is not the first time I've seen him do what he did today. He did it earlier this season to a guy driving baseline in a game. Some people describe this as "play-off" basketball. It isn't remotely play-off basketball. It has nothing to do with basketball. Thuggery maybe..........The NBA should suspend Bynum for at least 10-15 games. Seriously. You've got to let these guys know that you aren't gonna put up with this stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Bynum should be suspended his first two games of the playoffs next year.... if he makes it back

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Earlier this year, Bynum dumped Beasley the same way he did Berea today.  the penalty was a 2 game suspension.  This is his 3rd offense of exactly the same behavior (he did it to Gerald Wallace in Charlotte a couple of years ago).  So, for his 3rd offense, he doesn't deserve 2 games....he should get 10 to 20 games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Why can't all Laker fans be like you?" - agreed.

Classy post by RU Worthy!

Just about every other Laker fan who posts here is a classless troll. Fortunately we should see less of them from here on out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Definitely wish my kids hadn't watched guys they idolize beat other players with such intent in ambush style.  Great example they set.
    Taking off the shirt while leaving the court?  Punk move.  Disrepectful of the game, the team (both), and the fans.

It takes all the achievements of that uniform in the past and flushes them. That was then.

25. This post has been removed.