Lakers have now lost two in a row!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Lakers have now lost two in a row!!

Just when the TV commentaters this weekend were saying the Lakers had won eight in a row, they lose to a decent Denver squad and a just fair Utah team. They were breathing down San Antonios neck for the best record in the NBA, so you would think they would play thier best to try and catch San Antonio and then those two. Now who is the team to beat. I'd still say it's a toss up. The C's still haveto get it together quickly and with Jermaine looking so good in his few games back it gives me hope if the rest of the team can pull it together, but the Bulls concern me more than Miami at this point for the Cs to make it out of the East

Hetchinspete.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Lakers have now lost two in a row!!

Kobe hit a couple big 3's down the stretch but he also bricked a few others...

Thats why Kobes legend is what it is. He tries taking everry single shot in the clutch so when he makes 3 of 10, the 3 he makes are all over ESPN highlights.

Hero

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

and they actually have a rare back to back tonight albeit against the lowly warriors. i bet the Celtics have had at least 5-7 more back to backs then the lakers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

end of the world for the lakes... forget about even making the finals, foire phil, trade kobe... its the ebb and flow of the season. as i have always said, i would rather be peaking and coming together right now as the celts are. look for chicago and miami to both get BLITZED by this celtic juggernaut esp if shaq shows up for both games!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

San Antonio's magic number is now two....their next game is against Sacramento so that should get them number one....they also play Utah and could sew things up...BUT....they have to go into LA.....if they finish in a tie and since they would split (I believe)...I don't know who would get the tie breaker (help anyone?)...Kobe made a huge three but with the game on the line he lost the ball and never got the shot off in the last seconds....

Boston has road games against Chicago Thursday night and Miami on Sunday...they must win at least one of these (in my opinion) to have a shot at taking the second seed...virtually no chance at number one....check out the last 5 games for Miami and Boston...looks like Miami has an easier road unless the Celts come up big on Sunday...Go Celtics!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers have now lost two in a row!!:
    [QUOTE]and they actually have a rare back to back tonight albeit against the lowly warriors. i bet the Celtics have had at least 5-7 more back to backs then the lakers.
    Posted by 003323344[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I would imagine that all teams have a similar  number of back to back games every season.  Some teams may have one or two more back to back games than other teams, but I would expect the number is pretty close.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

The play @ Warriors tonight and @ Portland Friday, then Oklahoma. Lets hope for 3 more losses!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The warriors are not patsies..they have some horsess...not surprised if they make it a trifecta....Portland is very capable and fighting for position...and the thunder, with Perk, might just seal it....yeah!! I hear nothing but crickets from the Jr. Faker, highjacking posters...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I feel bad for Portland. Oden would have been a beast against Bynum

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Yes the Lakers have lost 2 in a row. But it's an 82 game season and every team loses. Has there ever been a perfect season in the NBA? Just a couple of games ago the Celtics were going through their own dry spell.

Duke, the Lakers have the tie breaker based on the number of wins in the conference if (& that's a big IF) both the Spurs and Lakers tie in the end. That's not going to happen. The Spurs should seal it.

I don't like to see teams put it on cruise control and relax. That's what I saw from the Lakers last night. The season takes its toll on the players. At this stage, every team has players nursing a variety of injuries. Should every player go all out, full throttle? I'd like to see that but that wouldn't be human. And don't be fooled by Kobe's bravado. He's been hurt since last season with a serious knee injury that prevents him from practicing with the team--bone-on-bone (no cartilage). Most players would retire or simply take a break. It's not in Kobe's DNA.

Even the Spurs, with the best record in the NBA lost 6 in a row. So if you want to gloat, you have every right to do so. I read a lot of the posts from my Laker brethren when the Celtics lost to some marginal teams and I didn't like it but that's how some fans behave whether they're from L.A. or Boston.

At the beginning of the season when the Celtics were tearing up the league and the Lakers were losing, I felt the players were shirking their responsibility, their professionalism. But that's the nature of the sport.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

rsalas67m......... (I wish I knew what that stood for....)........anyway.......again....I agree 100% ....it's one helluva long grind....may the best team win......actually that isn't right.....we've seen it time and again....the best team comes in second very often....just the nature of the game in sports....oh well.....let's just enjoy the show!