Lakers lost to the best, Celtics lost to 3rd best

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Lakers lost to the best, Celtics lost to 3rd best

In Response to Re: Lakers lost to the best, Celtics lost to 3rd best:
    [QUOTE]Flobus, Serious question here for you, I respect your level-headed posts and I'm not taking the mickey.  What do you make of the Lakers' loss to Dallas, and how much longer do you think Kobe will be able to be a marquee player?  I ask because the Laker's loss is foreshadowing the end of an era for a great player in Bryant and the Lakers will need to be in rebuild mode soon, maybe not as soon as Boston, but they're getting there.  Is the Lakers' loss an aberration, or a sign that things need to change, as Magic suggests? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    IMO the Lakers biggest issues this season were motivation and exhaustion. Not necessarily in the case of Kobe, but perhaps with Pau, Artest and some of the younger players. Age certainly is an issue, and there is no doubt that Kobe's play is on the downward slope (maybe a couple more years of elite play - that is why an attempt to get DH might make sense rather than waiting for Bynum to fully develop), but I still think the team is a title contender. We need a starting PG - I don't think there is any doubt about that. Hopefully the Lakers will be able to pick up a middle of the pack player who can defer enough to feed the ball to the stars while hitting the open shot when necessary. If we can get someone like that our bench is immediately strengthened with the addition of Fisher. In all honesty, my biggest concern is coaching - I have faith in the Lakers brass, but their pick to succeed Phil has me more than a little uneasy. I would've liked to have seen Adelman or Shaw get a chance - but like I alluded to, the Laker's front office has earned the fans' trust with their moves, so I'm not consumed with worry. I will say this - if the Lakers aren't performing to expectations in 2012, I suspect Kupchak may be making some more drastic moves midseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'd agree with the exhaustion bit, the Lakers have played a lot of games over the past few years and being the rabbit that everyone is chasing gets tiresome at some point.  Could be motivational too.  Could see where the Lakers would be a bit chuffed with themselves for the back-to-back, it's mentally exhausting to keep up a high level of play when teams are giving you their A game every night.   

I think the Lakers need a point guard for sure.  And I think it might be wise to sell off Bynumm for some other pieces, although in all honesty having knee injuries repeatedly at his age can't be a good thing for his trade value. 

Kobe has a lot of miles on those legs, probably more than Pierce has on his.  The talk around Boston is that Pierce may be looking at a lot less minutes in the regular season to keep him fresh for the playoffs.  You have to think that at some point the Lakers need to get someone to give Bryant a rest because without him the Lakers aren't contending for much. 

The way I see it, both teams need to reshuffle the deck.  No doubt, the Celtics will do so first but the Lakers aren't far behind.  Re: coaching and GM, I'd say I'm happier with Doc re-signing than you are with Phil's replacement Mike Brown.  And I think Danny, like Kupchak, isn't afraid to pull the trigger to move this team into the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]I'd agree with the exhaustion bit, the Lakers have played a lot of games over the past few years and being the rabbit that everyone is chasing gets tiresome at some point.  Could be motivational too.  Could see where the Lakers would be a bit chuffed with themselves for the back-to-back, it's mentally exhausting to keep up a high level of play when teams are giving you their A game every night.    I think the Lakers need a point guard for sure.  And I think it might be wise to sell off Bynumm for some other pieces, although in all honesty having knee injuries repeatedly at his age can't be a good thing for his trade value.  Kobe has a lot of miles on those legs, probably more than Pierce has on his.  The talk around Boston is that Pierce may be looking at a lot less minutes in the regular season to keep him fresh for the playoffs.  You have to think that at some point the Lakers need to get someone to give Bryant a rest because without him the Lakers aren't contending for much.  The way I see it, both teams need to reshuffle the deck.  No doubt, the Celtics will do so first but the Lakers aren't far behind.  Re: coaching and GM, I'd say I'm happier with Doc re-signing than you are with Phil's replacement Mike Brown.  And I think Danny, like Kupchak, isn't afraid to pull the trigger to move this team into the future.

While I am a die-hard Celtics fan, I think it's a shame that Bryant won't be in the NBA much longer. I for one have enjoyed his play. What I find strange is that someone would actually start a discussion where the person brags about getting beat. It wasn't just beat but beaten up pretty badly. While I am sure that the person who started this discussion was really just trying to rile up Celtic fans, the discussion that he/she started comes across as pretty foolish. Supporters of both the Lakers and Celtics typically agree that the most important thing is winning Championships. It is difficult for me to understand how anyone who supports these two teams could be glad at losing. period.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]And I think Danny, like Kupchak, isn't afraid to pull the trigger to move this team into the future.
    The key, and what many GM's don't seem to get, is pulling said trigger before your fading stars lose much trade value (see: Lakers, Shaq). If you can time it, you can get a step ahead in the rebuilding process.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers lost to the best, Celtics lost to 3rd best : "Smeltics" sits side by side with "Fakers" in the intellect department. I'll pass on both.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I agree man.  Fakers is just as moronic.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.