Lakers Offer Also Bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Lakers Offer Also Bad

It wasn't corrupt when Celtics got Allen and Garnet...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This appears to be a great pickup for the Lakers, on paper.  However, the games are played on the court, not on paper.  In January, Kobe told DH that he should come to LA and be the 3rd option behind him and Pau.  DH was offended so he decided not to commit before the deadline.  What has changed since then because he will still be the 3rd option even with Nash there (might be the 4th option especially late in 4th quarter)?  When Nash starts feeding DH and Pau too much, you can bet Kobe will be in his ear to feed HIM more.  Kobe isn't taking a back seat to anyone in LA and Nash will have to fall in line too eventually.  Everything flows through Kobe and that's not going to change.

DH was the main focus in Orlando.  Everything ran off him.  Every time Orlando came down the court, they were looking to get him involved.  With that being said, he averaged 20.6 points, 14.5 boards, 2.1 blocks while shooting 57.3% from the field and 49.1 from the line.  This is while being the team's focal point.

In LA, DH WILL NOT be the focal point.  Nash will distribute but Nash will look to get Pau and Kobe involved as much, if not more, than DH.  Honestly, when it gets down to crunchtime, DH WILL NOT EVEN SEE THE BALL because it will be in Kobe's hands (not even Nash's).

Bynum, in a Lakers system where he was the 3rd option, averaged 18.7 points, 11.8 boards, 1.9 blocks while shooting 55.8 % from the field and 69.2% (20 percentage points better than DH) from the line.  Those numbers are comparable to DH.  Bynum is a much better offensively skilled player than Howard and he makes more of the FTs when he's fouled.

I really don't see that much of a significant upgrade because they are both dominating centers.  I just don't see DH being on the court in crunchtime because he misses too many FTs.  But I do see where some friction and chemistry issues might develop because you have two egos like Kobe and Howard.  Even a 39 year old, slow Nash won't be able to manage that.  It's unfortunate because the odd man out will again be Pau Gasol.

I think this move has the potential to be a one and done for Howard in LA with him eventually ending up in Atlanta in 2013-2014.  He already has hangups about being in LA and being compared to taking the same route Shaq took.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and Atlanta and Dallas are still looming....so they better win it all.....nice pressure to have...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Offer Also Bad:
    [QUOTE]This appears to be a great pickup for the Lakers, on paper.  However, the games are played on the court, not on paper.  In January, Kobe told DH that he should come to LA and be the 3rd option behind him and Pau.  DH was offended so he decided not to commit before the deadline.  What has changed since then because he will still be the 3rd option even with Nash there (might be the 4th option especially late in 4th quarter)?  When Nash starts feeding DH and Pau too much, you can bet Kobe will be in his ear to feed HIM more.  Kobe isn't taking a back seat to anyone in LA and Nash will have to fall in line too eventually.  Everything flows through Kobe and that's not going to change. DH was the main focus in Orlando.  Everything ran off him.  Every time Orlando came down the court, they were looking to get him involved.  With that being said, he averaged 20.6 points, 14.5 boards, 2.1 blocks while shooting 57.3% from the field and 49.1 from the line.  This is while being the team's focal point. In LA, DH WILL NOT be the focal point.  Nash will distribute but Nash will look to get Pau and Kobe involved as much, if not more, than DH.  Honestly, when it gets down to crunchtime, DH WILL NOT EVEN SEE THE BALL because it will be in Kobe's hands (not even Nash's). Bynum, in a Lakers system where he was the 3rd option, averaged 18.7 points, 11.8 boards, 1.9 blocks while shooting 55.8 % from the field and 69.2% (20 percentage points better than DH) from the line.  Those numbers are comparable to DH.  Bynum is a much better offensively skilled player than Howard and he makes more of the FTs when he's fouled. I really don't see that much of a significant upgrade because they are both dominating centers.  I just don't see DH being on the court in crunchtime because he misses too many FTs.  But I do see where some friction and chemistry issues might develop because you have two egos like Kobe and Howard.  Even a 39 year old, slow Nash won't be able to manage that.  It's unfortunate because the odd man out will again be Pau Gasol. I think this move has the potential to be a one and done for Howard in LA with him eventually ending up in Atlanta in 2013-2014.  He already has hangups about being in LA and being compared to taking the same route Shaq took.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Lakers will subscribe to UBUNTU.

It worked for the Cs way back when. KG was the "go to" guy. Same with RayRay. Same with PP.

And they pulled it off.

Seems to me that DH and Nash are hungry for rings. Gasol too. Kobe would like to finish up his career in grand style. Who wouldn't?

I don't see a problem.

I'm green with envy... along with everyone else on this board.

Life isn't fair. So get used to it.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Offer Also Bad : The Lakers won't win it all. They're just not a balanced team. I mean they have no shooters, no young players, except for Dwight, and they don't have a coach. I know, they're saying Mike Brown is the coach. But he's a clown, not a coach.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Sybil, you're in denial. Just a suggestion...go to ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports or any other major sporting news media outlet and read/watch what the consensus is on the trade. The Lakers are NOW the odds on favorite to win the NBA (and Lakers 17th) Championship.

I've said many times, (and several of these outlets have also alluded to) the Lakers are the best run organization in the NBA and probably in all of sports. These things don't happen by chance. Mitch Kupchak put this package together, with FOUR teams. You saw what happened when the Nets tried to do it. They're NOT the Lakers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Offer Also Bad : Sybil, you're in denial. Just a suggestion...go to ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports or any other major sporting news media outlet and read/watch what the consensus is on the trade. The Lakers are NOW the odds on favorite to win the NBA (and Lakers 17th) Championship. I've said many times, (and several of these outlets have also alluded to) the Lakers are the best run organization in the NBA and probably in all of sports. These things don't happen by chance. Mitch Kupchak put this package together, with FOUR teams. You saw what happened when the Nets tried to do it. They're NOT the Lakers.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

And why would that be? Somebody forced Orlando's hand.  Orlando like Memphis got nothing in return. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pud, I doubt the Lakers will subscribe to anything.  The main hindrance to that idea is Kobe Bryant.  It worked for the Celtics because KG nor Ray have ever had the mentality to shoot as much as Kobe.  Neither KG nor Ray would ever be mis-characterized as being selfish THEIR ENTIRE CAREERS.

The main reason the Lakers did not win THIS PAST SEASON was because Kobe wanted to do it all.  When you have such a dominant front line with Gasol and Bynum, you cannot take 25 shots every playoff game.

Bynum said it himself, when the ball is distributed more evenly and doesn't stay in Kobe's hands, the Lakers win.  When virtually unstoppable offensive forces like Pau and Bynum are involved in the game, the Lakers are a very hard team to beat.  No guard, including Nash, will change what Kobe decides.

That won't change because Kobe won't change.  That's his DNA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Mr. Kobe Bryant
    Well, it looks like Superman has found a home. I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hope he follows what was a great season last year with an even better one next year. I know LA is excited about the deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title. Wow, what a summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I'm focused on our semifinal game vs Argentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in case you were curious..

http://www.facebook.com/Kobe/posts/10151100857680419

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, I doubt the Lakers will subscribe to anything.  The main hindrance to that idea is Kobe Bryant.  It worked for the Celtics because KG nor Ray have ever had the mentality to shoot as much as Kobe.  Neither KG nor Ray would ever be mis-characterized as being selfish THEIR ENTIRE CAREERS. The main reason the Lakers did not win THIS PAST SEASON was because Kobe wanted to do it all.  When you have such a dominant front line with Gasol and Bynum, you cannot take 25 shots every playoff game. Bynum said it himself, when the ball is distributed more evenly and doesn't stay in Kobe's hands, the Lakers win.  When virtually unstoppable offensive forces like Pau and Bynum are involved in the game, the Lakers are a very hard team to beat.  No guard, including Nash, will change what Kobe decides. That won't change because Kobe won't change.  That's his DNA.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Kobe has a handful of rings to show for his "selfishness." If the chemistry doesn't work, the Lakers are in a great position to begin planning for life after Kobe.

Maybe Kobe goes if push comes to shove and he cannot make the adjustment that the others will likely demand. (The franchise is larger than an aging Kobe.)

I like the Laker's chances... but I also like being the Celtic underdog.

Should be very interesting to watch both franchises grapple with a changing of the guard.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]okc is still the more complete team in the west although the lakers definitely closed the gap between the two teams....
    Posted by TheGreenMonstah[/QUOTE]

Son, where have you been?  The only fans who think that are Celtic fans, who now know that the Lakers quest for banner #17 is in sight!  A lot of former players are in complete disagreement with you.  Enjoy! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]Sad days in Boston.  At least you cannot say that I did not warn you all.
    Posted by DwightizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Welcome my friend, always good to have another Laker fan on board! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Good Night...Fiercest34 reaction to the Dwight trade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr83UrbZb1Y

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Offer Also Bad : And why would that be? Somebody forced Orlando's hand.  Orlando like Memphis got nothing in return. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

As I recall, MANY of you on this board were declaring the Lakers dead because..."they have no cap space"..."they have no tradeable assets"..."they'll have to give up both Bynum AND Gasol".

Yes it's true Howard wanted out. And he was going to leave whether or not he was traded to the Lakers. But you guys kept telling us there was "NO WAY the Lakers will end up with Howard"!

I was one of several who told ALL of you, don't count out the Lakers because Mitch Kupchak learned GM-101 from one of the best...Jerry West. The Lakers don't panic, and they don't give up on trading for top talent.

Now the latest on this forum is "the Thunder are still the team to beat". If it comforts you guys, go ahead and say it. Like Sybil, you're all in denial.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

In Response to Lakers Offer Also Bad:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHA-  The question remains, is Dwight Howard a Laker yet?

The answer is, Y E S!!!

HA HA HA

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Offer Also Bad : You're the one who's in denial if you think your Lakers can win with bad back to backs. Nash with a bad back, Howard with a bad back, I mean back to back! HAHAHA

To repeat your question:

Is DH a Laker yet?

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Orlando traded with wrong LA team! They should have offered DH to the Clips for Bledsoe and Griffin! At least then, they would have gotten decent value in return!