Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!!

In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.idiomsite.com/ http://grammar.about.com/od/il/g/idiomterm.htm I did - because I'm a math teacher, not English - a collection of two or more words that means something other than the literal meaning of its individual words.  An example is - if we play our cards right! Honest and truth have the SAME meaning, so it is NOT an idiom.  Thanks for playing!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    You are on quite a roll this morning, hedley.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!! : Spin? So what is your take - that the Lakers' loss to Miami speaks volumes but the Celtics' loss to the Clips does not? I saw nothing in that game to cause great concern to Lakers fans. Just the honest truth.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about the Clippers?  I believe your words were  the Lakers were pretty much in a no win situation.  That is a nice spin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!! : Who said anything about the Clippers?  I believe your words were  the Lakers were pretty much in a no win situation.  That is a nice spin.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Had they pulled it out, would you have given them props for a victory or dismissed it due to the Heat's poor play lately? I suspect the latter. 

That is a no-win situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Loved watching D-Wade and Bosh punk Bryant and his pals last nite. Sweet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!! : The game was tied, Wade stole the from Kobe and Kobe's was response was an ill-advised 3pt shot. In other words Kobe tried to be the hero again. I don't think the refs have any control on what Kobe would do. Even Phil Jackson said he was surprised that Kobe took that shot.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

What the Hell are you trying to say, Doink!!!   HAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

If its alright with you, I'll trust the Cambridge University dictionary over a teacher at your high school.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Nah - not alright.
    The Spin Doctor is still in
    Anyone, ANYONE who has read your posts knows you did NOT consult any reference before posting.  And why should I take the word of someone who teaches grammar for a living, and who knew the answer in about 5 seconds over you?
    It is NOT an idiom, Flobus, I'm calling your bluff.....honesty and truth are the same thing - no hidden meaning, therefore..........drumroll please.....NOT an idiom!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In case you missed it...

Which link is the "bluff"? Have a great weekend, hedley.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

So the Lakers lost a close game to the Heat. On any given night NBA teams lose to other NBA teams. It depends on whether a team is hitting shots, whether the refs are making calls, etc.

So some Boston faans are celebrating that the Lakers lost to Miami, a team that is constatly being vilified on the Boson board. The Heat were desperate, the Lakers were in their typical cruise control.

And there is a false premise on the Boston board that the Lakers haven't beaten any quality teams.  Boston, Spurs, Oklahoma, Portland. 

The Clippers, Sixers have beaten Boston the past 2 games. Let's listen to the lame excuses about why Boston loses to crappy teams. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]So the Lakers lost a close game to the Heat. On any given night NBA teams lose to other NBA teams. It depends on whether a team is hitting shots, whether the refs are making calls, etc. So some Boston faans are celebrating that the Lakers lost to Miami, a team that is constatly being vilified on the Boson board. The Heat were desperate, the Lakers were in their typical cruise control. And there is a false premise on the Boston board that the Lakers haven't beaten any quality teams.  Boston, Spurs, Oklahoma, Portland.  The Clippers, Sixers have beaten Boston the past 2 games. Let's listen to the lame excuses about why Boston loses to crappy teams. 
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

The Lakers didn't just lose to the Heat, they got swept by the Heat this season!

Kobe tried to be the hero again. Wade stole the ball and IT'S ALL OVER!!!

HAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]So the Lakers lost a close game to the Heat. On any given night NBA teams lose to other NBA teams. It depends on whether a team is hitting shots, whether the refs are making calls, etc. So some Boston faans are celebrating that the Lakers lost to Miami, a team that is constatly being vilified on the Boson board. The Heat were desperate, the Lakers were in their typical cruise control. And there is a false premise on the Boston board that the Lakers haven't beaten any quality teams.  Boston, Spurs, Oklahoma, Portland.  The Clippers, Sixers have beaten Boston the past 2 games. Let's listen to the lame excuses about why Boston loses to crappy teams. 
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

ha ha ha
    You sound like koME. There are so many falsehoods in your post, don't know where to start:
    1.  NO excuses here.  While losing to the Clips is not as bad as it once was (they have beaten every division leader this year, including the lakers), still a bad loss.  Philly???  Yes, embarassing, no excuses.
    2.  koME complained about the calls he didn't get - and now so are you - making excuses, Mr. Hypocrite.
    3.  lakers were NOT in cruise control - that is a bold face lie - they wanted to win badly after the Christmas game, AND both Phil and koME said the days of cruise control were over - more excuses?
    4.  Dont consider Portland an ELITE team.  What is the record against Bos, ORL, MIA, CHI, SAS, OKC and DAL combined??  Under .500 I'll bet. AND, as P34 said, they have only beaten the teams you mentioned ONCE.  They are 1-1 against us and 1-2 against SAS.

The Spin Doctor is in!!