Lakers swept......again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Lakers swept......again

I believe the announcers mentioned that this is the 9th time the Lakers have been swept in the playoffs....I know they have been swept 3 times in the Finals (Celts, Sixers, Pistons).....I know that the Celts have never been swept in the Finals...the only time I can remember the Celts being swept was in '83 against the Bucks when the players (not including Bird) were fed up with Fitch and just quit (like the Lakers did today)...I haven't taken the time to research this...anyone know how many times our Celts have been swept....?  ....I'm thinking it is less than the Lakers...but that is just a guess....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Lakers swept......again

Bynum and Odom will receive suspensions for the beginning of the next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers swept......again:
    [QUOTE]Bynum and Odom will receive suspensions for the beginning of the next season.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

They definitely deserve to be suspended.  Not sure how many games, but at least a few games each.  What they did was disgraceful and they definitely deserve to be fined and suspended. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

[QUOTE]Bynum and Odom will receive suspensions for the beginning of the next season.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Bynum will, Odom won't.  Not all flagrants result in a suspension and Odom's wasn't severe enough.  But Bynum will have to sit out next year's season opener.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Been done twice by Detroit Duke.

The Pistons series in '89 was terrible luck for us. There's no chance that we were ever going to be competitive after losing both Magic and Byron Scott to injury.

Sad way for Kareem to bow out, but at least it was in the finals and we had the opportunity to at least attempt to defend our title. I think we were suprised that Detroit look the '88 finals to 7 games. They were a very good side. Extremely tough like all those sides coming out the East in the 80's.

We may not have won the '89 series with Magic and Byron fit and healthy, but there's no way that we'd have gone down without winning a game. No way at all. Was a nasty loss that one.

'04 no excuses for that one. Even though we made the finals, we were in disarray. Terrible team and a bad way for Shaq to end his time with our team. Shaq should have been a Laker until retirement like Kareem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers swept......again : Bynum will, Odom won't.  Not all flagrants result in a suspension and Odom's wasn't severe enough.  But Bynum will have to sit out next year's season opener.
    Posted by Steve3344[/QUOTE]

Should be more than just the opener if you ask me. Was totally uncalled for given the game situation. Still can't believe it. Mouth hit the ground when I saw it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I did a little research.....Lakers have been swept 6 times in a best of 7.....3 times in the Finals (once by Boston)

Celtics have been swept 3 times, never in the Finals....

Advantage: Celtics!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Been done twice by Detroit Duke. The Pistons series in '89 was terrible luck for us. There's no chance that we were ever going to be competitive after losing both Magic and Byron Scott to injury. Sad way for Kareem to bow out, but at least it was in the finals and we had the opportunity to at least attempt to defend our title. I think we were suprised that Detroit look the '88 finals to 7 games. They were a very good side. Extremely tough like all those sides coming out the East in the 80's. We may not have won the '89 series with Magic and Byron fit and healthy, but there's no way that we'd have gone down without winning a game. No way at all. Was a nasty loss that one. '04 no excuses for that one. Even though we made the finals, we were in disarray. Terrible team and a bad way for Shaq to end his time with our team. Shaq should have been a Laker until retirement like Kareem.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]In hindsight the Lakers did the right thing after 2004 in trading Shaq. His work ethic was questionable in LA, remeber his waiting to get surgery until the season began because "he hurt on their dime, so I fixed on their dime" take?

And the interpersonal dynamics between Kobe and Shaq were allowed to fester to the point they were horrible.

Add to this that Shaq was demanding a contract extension at the same time Bryant was a unrestricted FA and the Lakers had to make a choice. Extend Shaq and watch Kobe still playing at Staples for the Clippers or trade Shaq.

I think history bears out that they made the right choice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers swept......again : In hindsight the Lakers did the right thing after 2004 in trading Shaq. His work ethic was questionable in LA, remeber his waiting to get surgery until the season began because "he hurt on their dime, so I fixed on their dime" take? And the interpersonal dynamics between Kobe and Shaq were allowed to fester to the point they were horrible. Add to this that Shaq was demanding a contract extension at the same time Bryant was a unrestricted FA and the Lakers had to make a choice. Extend Shaq and watch Kobe still playing at Staples for the Clippers or trade Shaq. I think history bears out that they made the right choice.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]
    I absolutely agree. Well said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers swept......again : Should be more than just the opener if you ask me. Was totally uncalled for given the game situation. Still can't believe it. Mouth hit the ground when I saw it.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I agree......should be about 10 games - totallty disrespectful!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers swept......again : Should be more than just the opener if you ask me. Was totally uncalled for given the game situation. Still can't believe it. Mouth hit the ground when I saw it.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that was a shame to watch. It does not matter what sport, no athlete should try to intentionally hurt another athlete, period.