Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34

In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Idiocracy at its finest... You need to do your research, and you might learn something. The real reason Shaq was traded was because of his attitude and lack of work ethic. You probably do not know this being a delusional celtic fan, but during a preseason game,  Shaq yelled to Jerry Buss on the sidelines to PAY HIM. Needless to say, no-one disrespects Jerry like that, and Shaq was shipped out shortly after. Please provide the link that quotes Kobe actually stating "he goes or I go".  I will be waiting.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct Tay. Talk about you schooling the loser lmao!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Idiocracy at its finest... You need to do your research, and you might learn something. The real reason Shaq was traded was because of his attitude and lack of work ethic. You probably do not know this being a delusional celtic fan, but during a preseason game,  Shaq yelled to Jerry Buss on the sidelines to PAY HIM. Needless to say, no-one disrespects Jerry like that, and Shaq was shipped out shortly after. Please provide the link that quotes Kobe actually stating "he goes or I go".  I will be waiting.

From Wiki
    In 2007, O'Neal said that Bryant should have won the NBA Most Valuable Player Award, which was awarded to Dirk Nowitzki.[98] During the offseason, Bryant was "beyond furious" at reports from a Laker insider that Bryant had insisted O'Neal be traded from the Lakers.[99] Bryant reported that Buss said, "I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years ... His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait ... It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period."[99] O'Neal agreed with Bryant: "There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent ... I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq%E2%80%93Kobe_feud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Which former Laker had more impact with the Celtics, Shaq or Travis Knight?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Which former Laker had more impact with the Celtics, Shaq or Travis Knight?
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor[/QUOTE]

That's a tough, tough question.  They both had such a profound effect on the Celtics.Undecided

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE] Had Shaq not gone to Boston, Perkins would still be there and maybe they might have made it to the finals.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

That's Shaq's ultimate contribution to the Lakers. By taking his damaged body parts to Boston, he gave them false hopes of a dominant middle and shipping Perkins out. The best part was that he only gave them a few minutes of playing time in the latter half of the season, including the playoffs.

Once a Laker, always a Laker. That's why the Lakers announced the retiring of his jersey rightaway. The double-agent had completed his duty...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Shaq said on ESPN that he and Kobe were the best 1-2 punch ever. Do you agree?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

hey bostonsu*ks69, why do you suppose nobody ever responds to your threads or posts? you're hidden, that's why. get in touch w/ BDC, tell them you'll change your foolish handle and try to behave yourself, and maybe they'll unhide you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Absolutely! And to reinforce the point, it sure as hell wasn't wheelchair & goofy (Antoine Walker)! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

If I remember rightly there were Laker fans calling for Shaqs head after signing with Boston. Calling him traitor and saying his number will never be retired ... well things have changed.

Interesting as the Shaq/Bryant combo is called the greatest 1/2 punch ever, by Shaq. What was the Magic/Worthy/Kareem combination then? A 1/2 punch followed by the uppercut? Or the maybe the "Ivan Drago".

Ivan Drago vs Apollo Creed that is. Not Ivan Drago vs Rocky. Because we know what happened to Ivan.

I'm sure Jordan and Pippen would have something to say about 1/2 punches though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]He'll demand they retire both.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Will probably be 24.

Wonder if this will give management impenitence to retire Mikans number? Or maybe Michael Coopers? Doubt it but both men are worthy candidates in my mind for the honour. Mikan more than worthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]If I remember rightly there were Laker fans calling for Shaqs head after signing with Boston. Calling him traitor and saying his number will never be retired ... well things have changed. Interesting as the Shaq/Bryant combo is called the greatest 1/2 punch ever, by Shaq. What was the Magic/Worthy/Kareem combination then? A 1/2 punch followed by the uppercut? Or the maybe the "Ivan Drago". Ivan Drago vs Apollo Creed that is. Not Ivan Drago vs Rocky. Because we know what happened to Ivan. I'm sure Jordan and Pippen would have something to say about 1/2 punches though.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Firstly, Magic/Worthy/Kareem is a 1/2/3 punch! Get it??? Not 1/2 but 1/2/3. Oh that's right, you posted earlier that Kareem had 3 NBA rings......lmao!!

Absolutely no cred, you FAIL!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Will probably be 24. Wonder if this will give management impenitence to retire Mikans number? Or maybe Michael Coopers? Doubt it but both men are worthy candidates in my mind for the honour. Mikan more than worthy.

Your opinion is (RU)Worthless, you believe that Kareem has 3 NBA rings?!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Laker-Nation32 - "Firstly, Magic/Worthy/Kareem is a 1/2/3 punch! Get it??? Not 1/2 but 1/2/3."

LOL

I was thinking the same thing when reading RUWorthy's post. She is obviously not worthy to be a Laker fan. Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]Russell won 2 of his titles as "player-coach".  Shows you how "difficult" coaching was in his day, and puts the accomplishments of Auerbach in perspective. 
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. Goes to show you, in those days all you needed to coach was a smelly cigar stuffed in the head of a smelly old man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

As a Laker fan there is no doubt in my mind that Kobe was ultimately responsible for getting Shaq traded. Management wanted to protect Byant from possible fan hostility toward their franchise player so they took the hit.

Kobe made it clear that he would accept another team's offer if Shaq was on the Laker team. Buss had to make a decision and shipped Shaq to Miami.

At the time, I felt that the Lakers could have gotten more for Shaq. What Miami gave up was not enough. Butler, Odom, & a broken down Brian Grant. The Pacers offered better players. But this all water under the bridge.

You know how much Kobe despises Shaq from not hearing anything from the Laker guard on the retirement. Ego and pettiness got in the way of team and possibly more titles.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Firstly, Magic/Worthy/Kareem is a 1/2/3 punch! Get it??? Not 1/2 but 1/2/3. Oh that's right, you posted earlier that Kareem had 3 NBA rings......lmao!! Absolutely no cred, you FAIL!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Show me where I said that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Show me where I said that.

Why do people ask others to go pull up old posts for?  That is absolutely ridiculous. Dont say stupid things or inaccurate things, and you wont be called out.

jtkl stated: "Mike Brown has never sniffed the Finals as an NBA head coach" - And he will still not man up and admit to it.

silly celtic fans! Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Well let's be honest Kobe has to give back three rings without Shaq as Shaq pretty much got them for Kobe. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Why do people ask others to go pull up old posts for?  That is absolutely ridiculous. Dont say stupid things or inaccurate things, and you wont be called out. jtkl stated: "Mike Brown has never sniffed the Finals as an NBA head coach" - And he will still not man up and admit to it. silly celtic fans!

Simply because Tayshauun I didn't say say it.

You can't provide it because you CAN'T provide it. It's that simple.

I'm not particually fond of people who put words in my mouth. And who don't possess the basic comprehension skills to understand a comment about the later days of Kareems career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 8/1/2010
    Last: 6/6/2011
    Well let's be honest Kobe has to give back three rings without Shaq as Shaq pretty much got them for Kobe. 
    -------------------------------------------

You must be going for a record of the most idiotic statements made on the BDC? Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 6/21/2010
    Last: 6/6/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a266e3d64-5540-4e24-8ae0-96fba5f06039&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:266e3d64-5540-4e24-8ae0-96fba5f06039Post:f2cd0039-61f0-41bc-b497-047c973052f5">Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34:
    In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Why do people ask others to go pull up old posts for?  That is absolutely ridiculous. Dont say stupid things or inaccurate things, and you wont be called out. jtkl stated: "Mike Brown has never sniffed the Finals as an NBA head coach" - And he will still not man up and admit to it. silly celtic fans!
    Posted by Tayshawn

Simply because Tayshauun I didn't say say it.

You can't provide it because you CAN'T provide it. It's that simple.

I'm not particually fond of people who put words in my mouth. And who don't possess the basic comprehension skills to understand a comment about the later days of Kareems career.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Laker-Nation32 has a little more credibility on this forum than you, so I will just believe him over you, and it will save me a lot of time as compared to searching for a quote that you more than likely made.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Sooooo

You are a person who will willingly believes something one other person tells him. Without researching the facts?

You are a politicans/media/marketing persons dream.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Show me where I said that.

Hilarious! You think I keep a record of your stupid posts?? The fact is you posted Kareem had 3 NBA titles and then you posted Magic/Kareem/Worthy were a legitimate argument to Kobe/Snaq being the best 1-2 combo! Again I re-iterate, Magic/Kareem/Worthy are 3....ok 3....1...2...3 punch.....not 2 like you would have people believe. Duuuhhhhh!

No cred, you FAIL!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers to Retire ex-Celtic Shaq's #34 : Hilarious! You think I keep a record of your stupid posts?? The fact is you posted Kareem had 3 NBA titles and then you posted Magic/Kareem/Worthy were a legitimate argument to Kobe/Snaq being the best 1-2 combo! Again I re-iterate, Magic/Kareem/Worthy are 3....ok 3....1...2...3 punch.....not 2 like you would have people believe. Duuuhhhhh! No cred, you FAIL!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Well what you're saying accounts to slander.  Do you know what slander is? You're saying things I didn't even say. It's beyond a joke.

You are going around saying something in regards to Kareem that I never said and that is slander. It's especially slanderous when you can't provide the proof that I said what I did. You're defense is indefensible.

I never knew of the existence of such a thing as a 1 2 3 punch. Whatever that is. Boxing, cage fighting or whatever it is isn't really my thing.

Don't worry, soon you'll disappear like your buddy Tayshauuun and then come back Hydra like as a new persona to start the whole sorry process again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Love him or hate him, Shaq will mostly be remembered for doing his best work as a Laker. It is only right that his jersey be retired by them, even though his departure from LA was ugly. And though people criticize Shaq for being petty, I think they have to tar Bryant with that same brush. Dude has 3 rings on his finger due to the Big Fella, yet not a word of congrats from him on Shaq's retirement. Cheap.

Needless to say, it pleases me that there will now be a touch of Celtic green on Figueroa Street. It's another everlasting gift from Celtic Nation to Lakers fans, forever mocking them from the rafters there. 

Sweet.

Laughing