Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

I get it now, I think you're unable to type the number 16. That's why you can't say the Lakers have 16 championships because you don't know how to type it. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

To: Fierce34

You did a great job of totally screwing up the head of this fool known as MajicMVP. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

And I get it. You dare not respond to the 7 points I posted at 6:37 AM. How could you? By responding to them, you know you have no case, no matter how many times you cited the Celtics won the championships.

Sheer # is not the sole criteria, whether you like it or not. You 4 other cohorts have already shown you that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

Fierce

Can you teach Majic how to bark?

If you can do that you should be called the troll whisperer.

ROFL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]To: Fierce34 You did a great job of totally screwing up the head of this fool known as MajicMVP. lol
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

I think you better suggest how Fierce could get off the hook. He screwed up by counting the Lakers' 1947-48 NBL season but still haven't found a way to get out...

This cheap stunt of "screwing up my head" doesn't work. I'll keep using his inclusion of the 1947-48 season to back up our arguments...

"I'll keep saying that he screwed up your head", you say?

"Then I'll keep saying that he can't get off the hook for giving the Lakers one more championship", that's my response...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise :  I'm not a baseball fan, I'm not from Boston or NY.
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

Your own words:

"There is no official stat counting failures in professional sports."

If you are not a baseball fan, how can you know that "there is no official stat counting failures in professional sports". Are you telling us that MLB is not a professional sport?

So I get it, you conceded that you didn't know what you were talking about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]And I get it. You dare not respond to the 7 points I posted at 6:37 AM. How could you? By responding to them, you know you have no case, no matter how many times you cited the Celtics won the championships. Sheer # is not the sole criteria, whether you like it or not. You 4 other cohorts have already shown you that.
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

What is there to respond to when I'm only asking you how many championships the Lakers have. I'm not even claiming the Celtics are better than the Lakers. All I asked was how many championships the Lakers have. Is your brain really that inferior that you can't even say the Lakers only have 16 championships?

You say the Lakers are better than the Celtics, who cares! That's your f-ckin' opinion. But you can't deny the fact that the Celtics have 17 championships while the Lakers only have 16.

My advice to you is you stop obsessing about Fierce34.

You're sick, man!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Your own words: "There is no official stat counting failures in professional sports." If you are not a baseball fan, how can you know that "there is no official stat counting failures in professional sports". Are you telling us that MLB is not a professional sport? So I get it, you conceded that you didn't know what you were talking about.

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about baseball because I really don't like baseball. 

If there is a website for stats of failures in professional sports then give me the link. That way I would learn something new. 

Can you give me the link for stats on sports failures?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : I think you better suggest how Fierce could get off the hook. He screwed up by counting the Lakers' 1947-48 NBL season but still haven't found a way to get out... This cheap stunt of "screwing up my head" doesn't work. I'll keep using his inclusion of the 1947-48 season to back up our arguments... "I'll keep saying that he screwed up your head", you say? "Then I'll keep saying that he can't get off the hook for giving the Lakers one more championship", that's my response...

Your head is officially screwed up because when Celtic fans argue with you you use Fierce's words as reference. HELLO!!!

Think about it, whatever Fierce says won't change the number of championships the Lakers have. Deal with it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK.....my (last?) take on this subject.....why I think the Boston Celtics deserve the top spot...

Head to head record vs Lakers all time in both the regular season and the Finals

The most titles in NBA history.....I've already pointed out Boston's great winning percentage in the Finals compared to the Lakers....

The fact that I feel the East was historically the stronger conference, which made making the Finals more difficult.......here are a few facts to back that up:

.......titles by decade since the shot clock (modern NBA era began)

1955-59 East 4/West 1 (Celtics lost to the Hawks with an injured Russell).....the Hawks were the Lakers' chief rivals.......when the league expanded by adding Phoenix the Hawks were shifted to the East....the East became stronger while the West was weakened.....still the Hawks couldn't get past the Celtics

1960-69 East 10/West 0 (Celtics 9-0/Lakers 0/6, with all losses coming vs Boston)

1970-79 East 5/West 5 (Celtics 2-0/Lakers 1-2)

1980-89 East 5/West 5 (Celtics 3-2/Lakers 5-3....2-1 vs Boston)

1990-99 East 7/West 3 (Celtics do not make Finals for the first time in 5 decades...Lakers  0-1)

2000-09 East 3/West 7 (Celtics 1-0/Lakers 4-2)

last two years West has both titles with Lakers 1/Celtics 0

I did this on the fly but I believe the information is accurate....so, since the shot clock era the East has won 34 titles to the West's 28

interesting to note that the Lakers made the Western playoffs 4 times with losing records, making it to the Finals twice...

58-59 Lakers were 33-39 and swept by Celts in the Finals
    59-60 Lakers made the playoffs with a 25-50 record (with Baylor and West)
    60-61 Lakers make the playoffs with a 36-43 record
    66-67 Lakers make the playoffs with a 36-45 record

During the era of the "Big Four" (the '80's) those four teams were the Celtics, Sixers, and Bucks (later the Pistons) in the East....the Lakers in the West....obviously, in the view of the beat writers, the balance of power resided in the East......the Bucks were a strong team that never quite made it past Boston or Philly.....indeed the Lakers won the Western titles while the Celts, Sixers, and Pistons won the Eastern titles....if the West had been as strong as the East the Lakers might not have come out as often.....speculation but it makes sense...

In my opinion the East was the tougher conference to get out of....and Boston gets the #1 ranking....just my opinion folks.....I still say this rivalry is, along with the Sox/Yankees, the best in team sports...!!  .....both franchises have storied histories

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

.....as a follow up to the previous post.....the Lakers have only had 12 losing seasons.....the Celtics have 18 so advantage Lakers...

however Laker fans are fond of letting Celtic fans know that the Lakers have more playoff appearances......to expand that further....

the Lakers went to the Western Conference playoffs with losing records seven times....the Celts only made the Eastern Conference playoffs three times.....looks like it was a little bit easier making the playoffs out west......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

another update......when the league introduced the shot clock in 1954 it changed the way the game was played....the Lakers managed a winning record the first year and then had six consecutive years with a losing record....it took them that many years to adjust to the new game.....in fact, after 5 titles in Minny, it took the Lakers 18 years to win another title....

since the shot clock era began Boston has 14 losing seasons while the Lakers have 12.....Boston's free fall began in 1994 when the team began losing.....this was the time when McHale and Bird retired due to injuries and Robert Parish was 40 years old...in addition...Len Bias died after the 1986 draft and Reggie Lewis, who had just become an all star and was entering his prime at age 27 was lost as well...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

NO MAJJIC....Look at what I posted.......And here it is for good measure...

2010 NFL XLV Green Bay Packers (4) (13) 31-25 Pittsburgh Steelers Cowboys Stadium 103,219

[edit] List of various league/world championship game systems

Current NFL Championship system Intra-league/World Championship system Defunct league championship system
    League Official Name Common Name First year Last year Trophy name
    NFL (Old) NFL Champion
    (No championship game played)
    (Old) NFL Champion 1920 1932 Brunswick-Balke Collender Cup, 1922
    None, 1923–32
    (Old) NFL Championship Game (Old) NFL Championship 1933 1969 Ed Thorp Memorial Trophy
    AAFC AAFC Championship Game AAFC Championship 1946 1949 AAFC Trophy
    AFL AFL Championship Game AFL Championship 1960 1969 AFL Trophy
    AFL
    NFL
    AFL-NFL World Championship Game World Championship of Pro Football
    AFL-NFL World Championship Game
    Super Bowl
    1966 1969 World Championship Game Trophy/
    Vince Lombardi Trophy
    NFL Super Bowl
    "(Modern) NFL Championship"
    Super Bowl
    World Championship
    (Modern) NFL Championship

[edit] Undefeated regular seasons and "perfect seasons" in professional football

Perfect Season

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Celtics 17-48 Lakers 16-47 Now, you don't think the NBA is not just about the finals, do you? So did the Celtics play in the NBA in 2010-11? Nope, they didn't reach the final, so they didn't lose? Now, you can tell me that winning 3 rounds in the playoffs is worse than winning 1 round, or losing is better than winning. I am glad that Celtics fans are using "losing is better than winning" to make their case...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

WHAT DOES DEFUNKED MEAN THEN...HERES THE EVIDENCE...AND YOUR OWNED...THANKS FOR PLAYING..

2010 NFL XLV Green Bay Packers (4) (13) 31-25 Pittsburgh Steelers Cowboys Stadium 103,219

Current NFL Championship system Intra-league/World Championship system Defunct league championship system
    NFL (Old) NFL Champion
    None, 1923–32
    (Old) NFL Championship Game (Old) NFL Championship 1933 1969 Ed Thorp Memorial Trophy
    AFL
    NFL
    Super Bowl
    Vince Lombardi Trophy
    NFL Super Bowl
    Super Bowl
    World Championship

[edit] Undefeated regular seasons and "perfect seasons" in professional football

Perfect Season

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : When did the NFL change the title system? Are you so foolish to think "listed first" == changing the title system == "all titles prior to SB are discarded"? NFL web-site simply proved you wrong. But no sweat, you can still cry "I win, I win, I win...." What's "under competition"? You mean the NFL before SB was not competition? Now you are getting incoherent... But of course, I totally agree with you. "MEANS MORE" is the only thing that counts, like the golden era NBA means more than the bush league era...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

NO OTHER LEAGUE HAD A DEFUNKED TITLE SYSTEM ACCEPT THE NFL.....LOOK UP DEFUNKED...

NFL (Old) NFL Champion
    None, 1923–32
    AFL
    NFL
    Super Bowl
    Vince Lombardi Trophy
    NFL Super Bowl
    Super Bowl
    World Championship

Perfect Season
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : When did the NFL change the title system? Are you so foolish to think "listed first" == changing the title system == "all titles prior to SB are discarded"? NFL web-site simply proved you wrong. But no sweat, you can still cry "I win, I win, I win...." What's "under competition"? You mean the NFL before SB was not competition? Now you are getting incoherent... But of course, I totally agree with you. "MEANS MORE" is the only thing that counts, like the golden era NBA means more than the bush league era...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

HERE IS THE EVIDENCE...

NFL (Old) NFL Champion
    None, 1923–32
    AFL
    NFL
    Super Bowl
    Vince Lombardi Trophy
    NFL Super Bowl
    Super Bowl
    World Championship

Perfect Season
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Yeah? show us where the NFL says that. I want to see how you can get out of your illusions, er.... lies... You know, lying is not good for your long term development...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic,

prove to me that wikki...is wrong..thats where i got it...Prove it...
    and for good measure..

NFL (Old) NFL Champion
    None, 1923–32
    AFL
    NFL
    Super Bowl
    Vince Lombardi Trophy
    NFL Super Bowl
    Super Bowl
    World Championship

Perfect Season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic,

If your so right..get wikki to change the page..
    and prove there not playing both sides...

heres the evidence again...

what is a merger and what is defunked mean
    ????

NFL (Old) NFL Champion
    None, 1923–32
    AFL
    NFL
    Super Bowl
    Vince Lombardi Trophy
    NFL Super Bowl
    Super Bowl
    World Championship

Perfect Season

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Finally with access to a computer, I can speak for myself here - and not the ramblings of a lunatic.
    I said I think Red Auerbach was a better coach than Phil Jackson.  That's it!  That is what I said.  It is an opinion- I did not say 9 is better than 11.  Phil has the record for most titles - yeah, big deal.
    Red was and always will be a better coach.  You cannot take the human element out of the game.  I also said I think Riley, Daly and Sloan were better than Phil, and let's not forget Lenny Wilkens (all-time wins).  Red  wonall his with one team, Phil got fired.....TWICE!!  The GOAT doesn't get fired......TWICE!!  It is my opinion that Red was a better coach than Phil - but not if your only criteria is number of rings won.  If that is the case, then Phil is the best, Magic is better than Bird, Kareem is better than Wilt, and Russell is better than them all.....oh yeah, and Robert Horry is better than MJ!  I guess Majic thinks Robert Horry is better than MJ.  He has more rings.  And apparantly his only criteria is number of rings won.....except, of course, when he's trying to say the lakers are the better team.
    I hope you all see why I have stopped responding to him--- he's a little out there.   I just hope it doesn't take you all 2 years to figure it out!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

dfury!!!!

Cheers!!! totaly agree

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Here's the truth! From 1987-2007 the boston celtics never won a championship. In fact they were so poor, they had a mind shattering record of 15-67 in the 96-97 season and back that up with a 24-58 season in 06-07. They couldn't attract a single marquee player with any game and in fact the celtics were inconsequential.

It took a piece of franchise rape by a former player, Kevin McFale, to hand over Minny's best player for scrubs from boston thus rendering Minny a franchise in disarray. These are the facts.

Also factual is that the Lakers continue to contend for championships. It wasn't long ago boston fans were screaming just for their team to make the playoffs!! It also isn't that long ago boston fans covered their heads in shame because of the pathetic nature of the celtics.

These are the facts! Thanks for playing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

This wasn't so long ago.