Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

you mean like the 1 title in 25 years the Lakers won?.....1955-1979....yep, one title...although they did make a "nice" run of 1-9 in the Finals during those 25 years!!!  .010 winning percentage......not bad for a team that made the playoffs four times and came out of the West twice with a losing record...

Yeah, those teams were real winners weren't they?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE] Relevance is the key
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

Wrong. This is a "best in HISTORY" question. If relevance is all thats important, then the Dallas Mavericks are the greatest NBA franchise till next years champ because the Mavs are the only relevant team right now. Its simple logic, seriously dude. LA High Schools are failing their young. Here, lets try:
    Quite simply, so even someone from the West Coast can understand, the question of "what is the greatest NBA franchise?" would be answered by "the one with the most championships". It would NOT be answered by "the team with the most NBA championships in the last 25 years".
    Here endeth the lesson. Now get to your shift at Walmart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Does Minneapolis, the city of Lakes, have five of the Lakers titles?

Did LA keep the name because of the great Minneapolis teams?

Should LA only claim eleven titles?

Does anyone still teach math in LA?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : The traffic in LA is so bad the cars are bumber to bumber. Ha Ha 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You caught that too, LOL!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]Every state in the country has a few Kobe suck ups, but only one city has more titles than LA and there's nothing any of you can do about it until they get to 17.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]
    Please son, we are nipping at your heals for sure.  I've read all the nutjobs replies about the C's are the best.  Guess what???  You are the best right now.  So the real question is who will be the next team to win a championship.  I think we have game to win this season.  Yeah, it will be a battle, but it always is. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Duke has to go all the way back to 1955-1979 to try and make his argument.  Absolutely hilarious!! Like I've said before, the only TRUE Celtic fans are either dead or living in Boston area nursing homes. The other so-called Celtic fans were chanting "MVP" for Kobe Bryant less than 5 years ago. Cool

BTW, how long has it been since the Celtics won back to back titles? The Lakers have done it twice in the last decade.

Game over! Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Can we stick a fork in this thread yet......it's done!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

one more comment Red......someone pointed out that the Lakers can catch us if they beat us to the next title.....

logically, as in playoff formats in most major sports go.....the next comparison would be head to head....no contest.....Boston has owned the Lakers head to head for over 50 years....

and maybe another poster is right.....maybe I shouldn't go back in time....I mean, nobody talks about the Yankee dynasty of the 50' & 60's do they...?  ....oh wait, they do!!!!

ok...now I'm done.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Broom meets Lakers in 2011.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : What is there to respond to when I'm only asking you how many championships the Lakers have. I'm not even claiming the Celtics are better than the Lakers. All I asked was how many championships the Lakers have. Is your brain really that inferior that you can't even say the Lakers only have 16 championships? You say the Lakers are better than the Celtics, who cares! That's your f-ckin' opinion. But you can't deny the fact that the Celtics have 17 championships while the Lakers only have 16. My advice to you is you stop obsessing about Fierce34. You're sick, man!
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

Umm.... you are getting personal in an argument. That's the sign of losing...

Why would I stop quoting Fierce? Using your own cohort to argue against you is the perfect rebuttal. If in-fighting happens among you folks, all the best.

I'll keep quoting Fierce's inclusion of the Lakers' 1947-48 season, what can you do about it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about baseball because I really don't like baseball.  If there is a website for stats of failures in professional sports then give me the link. That way I would learn something new.  Can you give me the link for stats on sports failures?

Then you didn't know what you were talking about:

"There is no official stat counting failures in professional sports."

You really have to get educated on professional sports. Give you the link? You mean you don't know what GB (Game Behind) means? Well, you must have thought that behind == winning...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Your head is officially screwed up because when Celtic fans argue with you you use Fierce's words as reference. HELLO!!! Think about it, whatever Fierce says won't change the number of championships the Lakers have. Deal with it!
    Well, deal with it. Your fellow fan counted 17 championships for the Lakers, and there is nothing you can do about.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Well, deal with it. Your fellow fan counted 17 championships for the Lakers, and there is nothing you can do about.
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

Check out page 16 of this thread. Fierce is already thinking about giving the Lakers 18 championships. If Fierce will say the Lakers have 18 championships will you believe him?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

A Laker troll is happy because Fierce counted 17 championships for the Lakers. That's how pathetic the Laker trolls on this board have become.

Laker fans in LA that have season tickets know there are only 11 LA Laker banners hanging on the rafters of Staples Center. 

Deal with it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]OK.....my (last?) take on this subject.....why I think the Boston Celtics deserve the top spot... Head to head record vs Lakers all time in both the regular season and the Finals [/QUOTE]
    Your own words have already soundly refuted the head-to-head advantage:

"the aim of every team is to win a championship"

See, you assert that the aim of every team is to win a championship, no qualifier against which opponent, thus winning a championship against the Nets is no worse than winning a championship against the Celtics.

How can't it be? the Nets won the Eastern Conference that year, BY DEFEATING THE CELTICS. So is 3-9 is actually better than 4-9 (hypothetical case: Celtics advanced to the finals because Fuhrer Stern disqualified the Nets as he wanted a Lakers/Celtics matchup for ratings, and then the Celtics lost to the Lakers). Ditto for all other years that the Celtics didn't get to the finals and the Lakers won the championship. In other words, 3-9 is actually a much bigger achievement than 16-9, because the Celtics WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH in the other 13 years.

So you have been bragging about failure (to reach the finals while the Lakers won) and actually feeling good about it. I wonder why...

[QUOTE]I've already pointed out Boston's great winning percentage in the Finals compared to the Lakers.... [/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but at the expense of a bigger failure in the conference playoffs. You are rewarding/bragging about failure again.

[QUOTE]
    The fact that I feel the East was historically the stronger conference, which made making the Finals more difficult.......here are a few facts to back that up:
    [/QUOTE]
    As you are trying to mislead with this fact again. You are COUNTING THE CELTICS as part of the stronger conference. In that case, how can the Celtics be the reason that block the Celtics from reaching more finals?

But knowing you, you like to block out logic and formulate an argument in your little world.

[QUOTE]
    the Bucks were a strong team that never quite made it past Boston or Philly.....indeed the Lakers won the Western titles while the Celts, Sixers, and Pistons won the Eastern titles....if the West had been as strong as the East the Lakers might not have come out as often.....speculation but it makes sense... [/QUOTE]
    Of course it's speculation. If (big IF) it makes sense, then you have to account for the bush league NBA before the Bird/Magic era, especially the 50s/60s. The Celtics emerged from a weaker league with 13 titles. Borrowing your words:

if the 50s/60s had been as strong as the big-time/golden era, the Celtics might not have come out as often.... speculation but it makes sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

The 1986-87 season was also known as the "Golden Era" of the NBA. The 1987 NBA season featured up to 20 Hall of Fame players such as Magic JohnsonKareem Abdul-JabbarJames WorthyLarry BirdMichael JordanKevin McHaleRobert ParishMoses MaloneJulius ErvingIsiah ThomasDominique WilkinsCharles BarkleyAkeem OlajuwonClyde DrexlerKarl MaloneJohn StocktonAlex English,Patrick EwingAdrian Dantley, and Joe Dumars.

Too bad, the "Golden Era" only lasted 1 year. lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

What's hard to believe is the Lakers made it to the finals 6 times in the 60s but they never won, not even once! lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Hard to believe a team could go 0-6 in the finals when the starting Center is the only NBA player to score 100 points in a single game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]majjic, If your so right..get wikki to change the page.. and prove there not playing both sides... heres the evidence again... what is a merger and what is defunked mean ???? 2010 NFL XLV Green Bay Packers (4) (13) 31-25 Pittsburgh Steelers Cowboys Stadium 103,219 [ edit ] List of various league/world championship game systems Current NFL Championship system Intra-league/World Championship system Defunct league championship system League Official Name Common Name First year Last year Trophy name NFL (Old) NFL Champion (No championship game played) (Old) NFL Champion 1920 1932 Brunswick-Balke Collender Cup , 1922 None, 1923–32 (Old) NFL Championship Game (Old) NFL Championship 1933 1969 Ed Thorp Memorial Trophy AAFC AAFC Championship Game AAFC Championship 1946 1949 AAFC Trophy AFL AFL Championship Game AFL Championship 1960 1969 AFL Trophy AFL NFL AFL-NFL World Championship Game World Championship of Pro Football AFL-NFL World Championship Game Super Bowl 1966 1969 World Championship Game Trophy / Vince Lombardi Trophy NFL Super Bowl "(Modern) NFL Championship" Super Bowl World Championship (Modern) NFL Championship 1970   [ edit ] Undefeated regular seasons and "perfect seasons" in professional football Perfect Season †
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

Are you that naive to think Wiki is on your side?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_champions

================================================

This is a list of National Football League (NFL) champions before the 1970 AFL–NFL merger. From 19201932, the league champion was determined by a team's win–loss percentage, with ties omitted.[1] In 1932, because of a tie in the final standings, a playoff game was played to determine the championship.[2]

In 1933, the NFL played its first official championship game.[2] On July 8, 1933, the NFL was divided into two divisions, which were renamed as conferences after 1949, and the winners of each division/conference played each other to determine the league champion.[2] This format would remain through the 1966 season. Any ties in the regular season standings resulted in a playoff game, while the winner of the other conference stood idle. This last occurred in 1965.

In 1967, the then-16-team NFL split each conference into two divisions of four teams each. From 196769, the division winners met in a conference championship game. The two conference champions then played for the NFL championship. Starting with the 1966 season, the NFL champion played the American Football League champion in what would become the Super Bowl.[1]

Since the completion of the merger in 1970, the Super Bowl has served as the NFL championship game.

================================================

You understand what "NFL Champions" means? So, no matter where you try, you are cooked.

Wiki listed the NFL champions since 1920.

NFL.com listed the NFL champions since 1920.

You want to wipe out the NFL from 1920-1965, do you think I'll let you?

You are hooked but have no way to get out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Well I'm trying to dummy it down for these trolls that just don't have the intelligence to grasp this. While I'm at it the Canadiens dominated the NHL when it was smaller, does that mean they're cups have less weight? Or the Yankees world series's when there were only like 12 teams? Not likely and the Celtics 17 all have merit as well. No matter how many teams we still had to go out and win.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Well, then tell us, does it mean the Packers' other 9 NFL CHAMPIONSHIPS don't count? They won in 1961, 1962 and 1965.

So the NFL only started with the Super Bowl? That's what people say of the kids who know nothing about the history of the game.