Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise
posted at 9/6/2011 8:32 AM EDT
In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise
[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : I also provided two links from youtube where ESPN analysts said the following: "lakers had to do something once Bynum got hurt." "Gasol was acquired to play CENTER for the rest of the year. Also never said anything about 1st place, I said they were in second place in the Division behind Phoenix, and I defy you to prove it otherwise. Where is YOUR proof that I'm wrong? [/QUOTE]
Umm.... can't resist again...
1) Lakers had to do something once Bynum got hurt does not mean they wouldn't do it even if Bynum wasn't hurt.
2) Yep, because Bynum got hurt. Otherwise he would have played PF. This fact itself wasn't proof that they wouldn't have got Gasol had Bynum not injured.
And by saying that the Lakers were in 2nd place, that's another attempt to mislead. Why would a 6th seed team (albeit 2nd place in the Division) not trying to improve themselves given the wrapped gift? Do you think the NBA use division playoffs like the old NHL (Patrick, Adams, Norris, Smythe)? instead of seeding the conference teams 1 thru' 8?
So what about 2nd place in the Division? what relevance did it have that the Lakers wouldn't have traded for Gasol?
You don't have any, and no one will take you seriously until you show some...............[/QUOTE]
And you have any?
because they are 2nd place in the division while 6th seed in the conference?
because the Lakers had to do something once Bynum got hurt == the Lakers didn't have to do anything had Bynum not hurt?
You really think spouting some garbage automatically constitute PROOF? first you have to pass a logic class.
[QUOTE] WHEN you refute me with links, I will respond again. Until then, this is game, set and match to ME...........no Bynum injury = no trade for Gasol.
Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
I'll worry about after you show us when
1) when the NBA use division playoffs instead of conference playoffs
2) how they had to do something once Bynum got injured == they didn't have to do anything had Bynum not injured
3) they acquired Gasol to play center == they wouldn't have acquired him to play PF had Bynum not injured...
I don't have to respond with links. Your arguments are too easy.