Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : That you have to ask Fierce. That's what he said. He counted the Lakers' 1947-48 NBL season. Why he did that? don't ask me.
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

If your source of the Lakers 17th championship is Fierce34 don't you think there's something wrong with your head?

What if Fierce gets angry and decides to give the Celtics their 18th and 19th championship today? Would you tell all the Laker fans that the Celtics have 18 or 19 championships because Fierce said so? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Ba da bump ba ba - I'm LOVIN' this!!

You two have taken up the mantle for me - congrats to you!!  Did he respond to every one?  Looks that way!!

Stats can be manipulated any way you want - look at the lockout.  The owners say 22 teams lost money, while the players counter with 8!  Depends on what data you use.  Neither one is lying - just manipulating the facts to try to win an argument...can't get into football, don't really care.....curious to know, though, how a huge soccer fan can know all this football data off the top of his head.  Isn't football SOCCER in Scotland?

And, finally, for the record - this is who you are dealing with -
    I did research which stated that Pau Gasol was not an option for the lakers until Bynum got hurt in 2008 - they weren't even looking at him - he was going to the Bulls.................our friend disputes my research, provides none of his own, and stalked me on it for two years..........
    Fierce said IN JEST, the lakers must have 17 titles due to the NBL - which everyone knows doesn't even count - and our firiend is running with that one......just cautioning you again that you are not dealing with a rational person  here....but.......carry on, I love it!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Nice to see the Lakers still leading the coversation on the board. Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

the title of this thread is a joke....

Lakers......own a .516 winning percentage in the Finals.....Los Angeles Lakers own a .423 winning percentage

Lakers hold the all time record for Finals appearances....that is a great stat....however, they also hold the all time record for most losses....and no other team is close.....they are basically a .500 team once they reach the finals....they come out more often because they have historically played in the weaker conference...

Lakers have a losing record all time vs Boston in the regular season

Lakers have a losing record vs Boston in the Finals

Celtics own an .809 winning percentage in the Finals.....they are 9-3 head to head with the Lakers (that stat is embarrassing).....and the Celtics are the league leader in championships...

......and Laker fans think their team is universally acclaimed as the NBA's greatest franchise...?  ummm.............ok........if you think it then it must be true....only in lala land!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]I did research which stated that Pau Gasol was not an option for the lakers until Bynum got hurt in 2008 - they weren't even looking at him - he was going to the Bulls.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    How long have you been trying to get that pet sports take of yours to stick now? Two years? Opinions based on what-ifs and this-wouldn't-have-happened-ifs aren't worth much in my book.

The Lakers acquired Gasol fair and square. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]They are already dominating the airways with which team would be the best to "steal."
    It's "airwaves."

;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Are you guys following the "football in LA" thing.

They make NO bones about the fact that they will "steal" a team to occupy Farmer's Field (or AEG Field) once it is completed.  They are already dominating the airwaves with which team would be the best to "steal."  The Chargers are the front-runners, followed by St. Louis and the Raiders................
    THIS WEEK they passed the bill to start construction on the field - in a year - and they are already plotting..................

Well, a rep from AEG came on yesterday (or the day before) and said, "Why not take TWO teams? Everyone wants to come to LA, and they will be knocking on our door to play here  (despite it failing twice).  So, why not have TWO teams play at the new stadium."

Of course, they will not start their own team, they will now have to "steal" TWO.  The Chargers AND the 49ers are the front-runners.

The arrogance and entitlement never ceases to amaze me!!!  ONLY IN LA, folks!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]They are already dominating the airwaves with which team would be the best to "steal." 
    Much better. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : I hope you would be man enough to continue to post here once the Mike Brown era officially starts. Laker trolls have a habit of not showing up when the Lakers are struggling or on a losing streak. Just like what happened last season, December 2010 to February 2011, where Laker-nation became crying-nation happened. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I think we are in for a long off season.  I don't see us having any basketball this year, so they will post every other day, or some such nonsense.  It will be more of an annoyance, esp Majic - YOUR new buddy!!  Good luck with him!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Majjic MVP...

HOW WAS I PROVED WRONG WHEN THE SB is listed what???...FIRST!!!!!!...

So how am i wrong???.....

Do you still know what a merger means??...

NO you dont.....

you showed me every title a team won..

LOOK ON THE STEELER WEB SITE...What title is listed first???....

Heres the evidence...Look at my post for it..from Pro football hall of fame...

Lastly...What is concidered a nfl champion..A combo of both titles??...NOPE!!! even though you think so...

AND What is listed FIRST...What is first is observed......The past titles are mentioned as an and..not equal to a sb...

Why is it listed like this then....

AND YOUR SO OWNED...
    WHATS CONCIDERED DEFUNKED!!!!!

I WON LITTLE BOY...I WON....HERES THE PROOF!!!!

List of various league/world championship game systems

Current NFL Championship system Intra-league/World Championship system Defunct league championship system
    League Official Name Common Name First year Last year Trophy name
    NFL (Old) NFL Champion
    (No championship game played)
    (Old) NFL Champion 1920 1932 Brunswick-Balke Collender Cup, 1922
    None, 1923–32
    (Old) NFL Championship Game (Old) NFL Championship 1933 1969 Ed Thorp Memorial Trophy
    AAFC AAFC Championship Game AAFC Championship 1946 1949 AAFC Trophy
    AFL AFL Championship Game AFL Championship 1960 1969 AFL Trophy
    AFL
    NFL
    AFL-NFL World Championship Game World Championship of Pro Football
    AFL-NFL World Championship Game
    Super Bowl
    1966 1969 World Championship Game Trophy/
    Vince Lombardi Trophy
    NFL Super Bowl
    "(Modern) NFL Championship"
    Super Bowl
    World Championship
    (Modern) NFL Championship

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic mvp,

THANKS FOR PLAYING...

I WIN!!!!

THERES NOTHING TO SAY....YOUR OWNED...

HOW IS SOMETHING DEFUNKED RELAVENT!!!!

Definition of defunked:  

Definition of DEFUNCT

: no longer living, existing, or functioning <that firm is now defunct>

THERE YOU GO YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH..

IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic mvp,

The nba didnt change there title system like the nfl.......

WHAT DOES DEFUNKED MEAN.....

THE SB takes more precidence and the titles matter...

FANS real fans dont follow defunked systems.....

The SB title means more because its under competition..

HOW does an old title mean as much when theres no competition?...

Do you know what a merger means?..

guess not and your so OWNED!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Majjic Ill be honest,

Reality speaking.....

YOU should go to the nfl and say why does the league mention both titles.. while saying one is defunked....

your going to spout and say your right and say you have a point..but I put my ace in the hole and brought up this question. how can something matter when its defunked.....it may have historical precidence..but modern meaning???...The NFL said the old system is defunked...

But they list both sides...

go to the league...

im serious...

to be all honest. you cant say in reality of the english language something defunked is relavent..if your going to say that...we all know your a internet troll...

if the old system is defunked isnt the title defunked????? if your system of making product is bad isnt the product bad??...

THE NFL SAID DEFUNKED!!!! sorry!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic,

The nba title never went through a merger like the nfl..

thats why the nbl titles dont matter..look on the nbas website

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic mvp,

do your research son!!!!!

how is something defunked!!!

real:::: When the league said its defunked!!!

but to be honest...maybe the league is playing both sides...

to be honest...how does a past title that you cant comepete matter with a title that you can compete for...

thats like me saying i want the 1648 title of what ever...when a league system wasnt in place..

do you really believe both title matter equal when the league said the system is defunked....

Now lets take it one step further!!! whats the product of the system...the title!!!!!! remember that!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic mvp,

when a league DEFUNKS SOMETHING...NO **** IT DOESNT COUNT...

duhhhhhhhh

what other league besides the nfl defunked there title??? because you defunk the system...whats the product of the system..the title

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Wow, the Lakers are still the topic of discussion on this celtics board. LOL

Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I applaud you for continuing your assault.........hope you don't get tired of the same old, same old........most of the trolls just say the same stuff over and over again.....like the 100th time they say it we'll believe it!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Koberulz,

17 RINGS FOR BOSTON.......

16 RINGS for LA

HOWS OUR ### TASTE........

THIS IS THE NBA.....We follow the nba..

not hollinger..not any pro la writers league....

THE NBA MATTERS!!!!

not your little spin

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Majjic,

Heres the deal...

New day..no insults...

Heres where were at..

On one end you show me that the nfl counts both titles...

On one end I showed you that the nfl made one of there titles system and title...defunked...

ITs an interesting question....

How can the league play it both ways..

you can show me all the titles you want..

while i can show you the league defunked them all i want..

Are any of us right??...

I think were at a stalemate...

you should ask the league....

we all may have opinions..But its 2 legit ways of looking at it. We both have proof...

this should rest...actually because...I really think the league maybe is playing both sides..And if there playing both sides..there may be not an answer...

YOU have your list by the league..

I have statements by the league that the past titles were defunked...

call the league..If you can get the correct ruling..Ide be interested to hear it...