Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

I enjoy just about anything that has to do with aviation, hiking, camping, paintball, football, classic cars and cycling.

She didn't even mention basketball.

Thanks for trying, really. LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Your source is someone who lives in California. Really? Thanks for trying! About the author:  GuestBloggrView all posts by  GuestBloggr I am a writer and blogger living in California. I enjoy just about anything that has to do with aviation, hiking, camping, paintball, football, classic cars and cycling.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

Try this...its out-dated but the Lakers have added 2 more championships. Oh, I love the words from former celtic Robert Parrish:
    "When you talk about dominance, you have to talk about the Lakers."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/127731-lakers-vs-celtics-whos-the-greatest-nba-franchise

Thanks for playing!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

From the commish on his dream Finals match up:

Lakers vs. Lakers." He also said "I'd be lying if I told you there wasn't a special fascination with the Lakers."

Thanks for playing!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]From the commish on his dream Finals match up: Lakers vs. Lakers." He also said "I'd be lying if I told you there wasn't a special fascination with the Lakers." Thanks for playing!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

It's just a dream, wake up! lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

it is a league....correct....the aim of every team is to win a championship.....the most regular season wins is nice but means nothing as far as championships go....

the Celtics have the most championships...period!

The Lakers have the most regular season wins....Celts are a close second...

The Celtics have the winning record vs the Lakers all time (regular season and finals)...and it is not even close!!

keep spinning it.....Celtics have dominated the Lakers and hold the record for the most championships....it is what it is pal....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]it is what it is pal....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Correct, it is what it is!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/127731-lakers-vs-celtics-whos-the-greatest-nba-franchise

Thanks for playing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : You're dealing with a child here.  Or at least the maturity of one!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Don't be so harsh on yourself russ, I put you at high school level!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

I would personally like to thank Mr Stern of his acknowledgement of Dr Buss and the Laker organization. Admitting that a Lakers v Lakers Finals series would be the ultimate, he would have known that he would upset other organizations that attain to be great. However, he took a stand and made it public so well done to the Commish and I look forward to seeing him again at a Laker banner ceremony soon.....very soon!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]I would personally like to thank Mr Stern of his acknowledgement of Dr Buss and the Laker organization. Admitting that a Lakers v Lakers Finals series would be the ultimate, he would have known that he would upset other organizations that attain to be great. However, he took a stand and made it public so well done to the Commish and I look forward to seeing him again at a Laker banner ceremony soon.....very soon!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like 20-30 years from now. LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Of course Stern wants a Lakers vs. Lakers finals, that way you won't have to take an airplane to go to the other team's home court. It's called cost cutting! LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Majic, I admire your creativity.....but the bottom line is the Celtics have beaten the Lakers in both the regular season and in the Finals....by a wide margin... the Celtics have more titles and a better Finals winning percentage...
    [/QUOTE]
    And the Lakers have more conference championships and better conference playoffs records, by a wide margin. The Celtics have no better success than the Lakers, as your wide margin head-to-head means that you are worse against other teams. As you said, they success/failure rate are pretty much even.

[QUOTE]
    what you conveniently forget to point out is the fact that, from the late '50's through the late '80's, the East was considered the stronger conference...while you continue to ignore the term "The Big Four", which was coined by the NBA beatwriters it is a fact that Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, (later Detroit) and the Lakers were considered to be the four best teams in the NBA during the '80's....do the math...[/QUOTE]
    Of course, because I was there as much as you were. There were no "Big Four" that you imagined. Milwaukee? a Big Four? a team that never made the finals after they moved to the east? you wish. Afterall, the East was considered the stronger conference only because of the Celtics. Say, in the 30 years there you mentioned (1957-1986), the Celtics won 16 titles, the Lakers 4. Take away those 20 titles, the East/West record was only 5-5 (East: Knicks 2, 76ers 2, Bullets 1, West: Hawks, Bucks, Warriors, Blazers, Sonics). Overall, the East-West championship count disregarding Lakers/Celtics was only 18-14, .562. Considerably stronger? Hardly.

This fabricated theory that the rest of the East was considered the stronger conference so they blocked the Celtics from reaching more finals?

NO CHANCE AT ALL!!!

[QUOTE]
    the majority of great teams had to go head to head to make the conference finals....the Lakers had an easier time getting there....hell, the players even spoke openly about how great it was to get to the finals without having to exaust themselves during the playoffs.....in earlier years the best team out West (St Louis Hawks) shifted to the East so the league could put an expansion team in the West (Phoenix) ......your argument comes down to two neighborhood bullies......one gets in more fights and beats up more kids....but when he fights the kid across town he gets his a** kicked....then still brags that he has won more fights so he is the toughest dude....it doesn't add up....[/QUOTE]
    If it doesn't add up, then this bully who beats up the kids would get his S kicked when he meets the toughest dude. So why wasn't he? Simple, because this kid-beating bully is tougher than the toughest dude. That's why his record is pretty much the same (your own words) as your bully.  You can't get away with this nonsense that the Lakers were only beating up the kids.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Come on, don't flip-flop! Keep telling everyone that the Lakers have 17 championships because I said so!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Sure will. Your confession is greatly appreciated...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Majic, you're missing the point. It's not that the Lakers lost in the 2nd round, it's how the Lakers QUIT in the 2nd round. The Celtics lost in 2011 while the Lakers QUIT in 2011. Big difference!

And now you have to brag about the Celtics lost while the Lakers QUIT albeit they both flamed out IN THE SAME ROUND? Wow, you just show us how low the Celtics have sunk to.

Think of it, had the Celtics reached the finals while the Lakers lost in the 2nd round, you folks would be bragging about banner #17.5...

So reaching the final is definitely better than losing in the 2nd round. Your behavior just confirmed it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]it is a league....correct....the aim of every team is to win a championship.....the most regular season wins is nice but means nothing as far as championships go.... the Celtics have the most championships...period! The Lakers have the most regular season wins....Celts are a close second... The Celtics have the winning record vs the Lakers all time (regular season and finals)...and it is not even close!! keep spinning it.....Celtics have dominated the Lakers and hold the record for the most championships....it is what it is pal....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

They don't get it, Duke....even if we said it's TIED for who is the best, that wouldn't be enough for them.  We are Celtics fans, and we think they are best.  They are lakers fans and think likewise.  I am through trying to beat that dead horse.........no one's mind will ever be changed.  And  I don't "admire" him coming on here and taking us all on.  It is not allowed on other sites.....I KNOW!!  This forum should be limited to Celtics discussion only!!  The whole THREAD should be deleted!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : The Lakers dominated the former ABA teams like the Nets and Pacers, but the Celtics dominated the Lakers. The Celtics have beaten the Lakers in the Finals 9 times. Compare that to the 3 wins the Lakers have over the Celts in the Finals and you'll know who dominated who. Thanks for trying!

The Lakers dominated former ABA teams. If that's not something to write home about, then what about the former ABA teams dominated the Celtics? Would that be a shame?

The Celtics' problem? they think that the league only consists of the Lakers, and totally forget about the other teams...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]it is a league....correct....the aim of every team is to win a championship.....the most regular season wins is nice but means nothing as far as championships go.... [/QUOTE]
    Well, if you only count championships, then it's 17-48 vs 16-47.

Your own words, "sounds pretty even".

But of course, it's NOT the aim of every team to win a championship. Just ask your cohort Fierce. As long as the Celtics lost in the 2nd round but didn't quit, it's good enough. So stop selling us this "the aim of every team is to win a championship".

[QUOTE]The Celtics have the winning record vs the Lakers all time (regular season and finals)...and it is not even close!! keep spinning it[/QUOTE]
    Don't have to. Your logic is that the aim of every team is to "win a championship", not my logic, but yours. Yet your logic is good enough to refute your own argument. You didn't qualify winning the championship against a particular opponent, just winning a championship is good enough. So a championship win against the Nets, the Pacers or the Magic is every bit as good as a championship win against the Celtics, true or false?

I bet you dare not answer it.

[QUOTE].....Celtics have dominated the Lakers and hold the record for the most championships....it is what it is pal....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Not possible.

1) "sounds pretty even to me"
    2) "the aim of every team is to win a championship"; it's not "win a championship against the Celtics", it's just "win a championship".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : So what are you waiting for? Tell them the Lakers have 17 championships, tell them now!

I don't have to. It's your recognition of their NBL championship. I'll leave it to you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : You're talking of what ifs. This past season the Celts had 5 total playoff wins while the Lakers only have 4. The big difference is the Celts did not quit while the Lakers quit. It is what it is.

Well, glad you admit this.

In 2004 the Lakers had 13 playoff wins while the Celtics had 0.
    In 1991 the Lakers had 12 playoff wins while the Celtics had 5.
    In 1989 the Lakers had 11 playoff wins while the Celtics had 0.

You finally recognize reaching the finals is an achievement...

So, what would you say about 31 finals vs 21 finals?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Magic Johnson's words: "That should never happen. You have to show class when you win and you have to show class when you lose, and the Lakers did not show class in Game 4." Magic said prior to the game that the Lakers likely need to "blow this team up," which did not sit well with coach Phil Jackson . http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21100436/mashup-magic-rips-classless-lakers Even Magic Johnson, the former Laker great who regularly had sex in the sauna of the old Forum, thinks the present Lakers have no class.

Get ready for the Grand Master of the cut and paste!!  I will not read, just what you write!!  Good Luck!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.