lakers want rid of pau gasol!(cbssports.com)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: lakers want rid of pau gasol!(cbssports.com)

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We might be doing something wrong if they can get Josh Smith. They are paying luxury tax now and now take another big bucks player?

Lakers and Miami always gets away with biggie players and we can't.....wonder why?

[/QUOTE]

It's cold in Boston.

KG went from one cold place to another. Maybe that's why we got KG, he's used to the cold!

[/QUOTE]

You are right on Green.  The next thirty or so games will determine if they can use him effectively with this roster. Trading him and the others you mention will give us many possibilities.  Bradley must come back in time as well to determine how he meshes with this team.

If Paul Pierce plays big minutes as he is supposedly not going to do, he will destroy the Green experiment right there.  Pierce is the engine that makes the offense go but the reliance on him hurts the idea of using all the newly acquired players efficiently.  Green as you say at twenty five minutes or less is simply not worth keeping.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

No matter who it is if the Celtics can get a good big for Bass and Lee then they have to do it, and if they can get a top line big for Bass, Lee and Green then they have to do that too.  This team is deep enough to absorb that hit once Bradley is back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I agree concord. Doc either needs to find 30 minutes a game for Green or something has to change. If Paul could get us what we need via a trade I would be all for it. I think we would find out what Paul does for the team once he is gone though unless we picked up a good 1//1 creator. I doubt thats going to happen.. I could see something like for Gasol though. Personally I hope it doesn't take PP to get him. We could use Gasol's size but I think the Lakers would want the moon. Seems the get the best of the deal each time they make a move. The Howard deal was unreal., The Lakers give up damaged goods and Orlando gets nothing in return. Nash cost them basically nothing. Sometimes I wonder why teams feel the need to help the Lakers improve their roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree concord. Doc either needs to find 30 minutes a game for Green or something has to change. If Paul could get us what we need via a trade I would be all for it. I think we would find out what Paul does for the team once he is gone though unless we picked up a good 1//1 creator. I doubt thats going to happen.. I could see something like for Gasol though. Personally I hope it doesn't take PP to get him. We could use Gasol's size but I think the Lakers would want the moon. Seems the get the best of the deal each time they make a move. The Howard deal was unreal., The Lakers give up damaged goods and Orlando gets nothing in return. Nash cost them basically nothing. Sometimes I wonder why teams feel the need to help the Lakers improve their roster.

[/QUOTE]

I agree but the one thing I hope you are wrong on is Gasol's value. I think he is worth less.  He is older, overpaid, and not a lock to fit in with all teams. I don't think the Lakers will get that much for him. Paul I don' t they will move, for many reasons.  As critical as I have been of Pierce the offense would be lost without him unless as you say we get a real scorer for him. He is 35 and losing athleticism by the day, Green would be the target of most teams.  Yet nobody has any guarantees that he will be a star.  If I had my wish we get Varajao for a acceptable package and this will be what we need to challenge the best of teams.