LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Right now the Blazers have leverage because Aldridge still has 2 years left on his contract. But next summer that will not be the case.

If the Celts end up with the #5 pick of the 2014 Draft, a lot of Celtic fans here would NOT want to trade Sully, Bradley, and the #5 pick for Aldridge.

And again, it doesn't matter, to me, if the Celts don't get Aldridge this season because I'm willing to play the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes.

well, i know if i were the blazers i would reject that offer. 2 bench players and the #5 pick for a all-star caliber PF/C? no way. but your example is hypothetical anyways. to guarentee the blazers the #5 pick would mean that the trade doesn't get done until after next years draft lottery and that Boston gets the #5 pick. 

do you have a scenario that makes sense right now? there is no guarentee the C's pick will be top 5 so the blazers will want much more. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

You're preaching to the choir ... I advocate bundling picks to move up in the draft or to be used as a chip with another player/s for a trade ... I see it as the only way Boston can rebuild quickly w/o prolonging the agony. Unless you're prepared to be a loser for 3-5 yrs in a row like the Cavs or GS and even then you gotta get lucky a few times like the Cavs ... How'd you like to be the other team and see the Cav's placard come up instead of yours ... Been there too many times and it's not worth the risk if someone else will trade places with you.

The problem is star players are not excited in coming to Boston anymore.

For example, if Aldridge doesn't want to come to Boston then Ainge will also not trade for Aldridge.

When you're a city like LA, NY, or even Chicago then you can horse trade your way to a championship. 

But if you're Boston, the best way is through the draft.

Unless of course an All-Star like Aldridge wants to come to Boston.

Remember, Aldridge's contract will expire in 2015. If the Celts give up a lot of assets and there's no guarantee that Aldridge will re-sign, the Celts could end up like the Lakers losing Dwight to free-agency.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. KG was dead set against coming and once we got Ray he changed his mind and even extended his contract if I remember correctly.

Just because a player doesn't want to come as a FA doesn't mean they won't stay once here via a trade. Look what KG said ... Once he got here it was the best thing that ever happened to him and he wished he'd done it years earlier. I think other players can heed those words once they get here and see how special it is compared to most arenas around the league as well as the ownership.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're preaching to the choir ... I advocate bundling picks to move up in the draft or to be used as a chip with another player/s for a trade ... I see it as the only way Boston can rebuild quickly w/o prolonging the agony. Unless you're prepared to be a loser for 3-5 yrs in a row like the Cavs or GS and even then you gotta get lucky a few times like the Cavs ... How'd you like to be the other team and see the Cav's placard come up instead of yours ... Been there too many times and it's not worth the risk if someone else will trade places with you.

The problem is star players are not excited in coming to Bostonanymore.

For example, if Aldridge doesn't want to come to Boston then Ainge will also not trade for Aldridge.

When you're a city like LA, NY, or even Chicago then you can horse trade your way to a championship. 

Remember, Aldridge's contract will expire in 2015. If the Celts give up a lot of assets and there's no guarantee that Aldridge will re-sign, the Celts could end up like the Lakers losing Dwight to free-agency.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. KG was dead set against coming and once we got Ray he changed his mind and even extended his contract if I remember correctly.

Just because a player doesn't want to come as a FA doesn't mean they won't stay once here via a trade. Look what KG said ... Once he got here it was the best thing that ever happened to him and he wished he'd done it years earlier. I think other players can heed those words once they get here and see how special it is compared to most arenas around the league as well as the ownership.

[/QUOTE]

thats what im talking about. but the thing is, KG won a championship with pp and ray. now if danny gets LA. Green, rondo and others should step up to be a contender. i think LA will do the same thing as KG did before. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The problem is star players are not excited in coming to Bostonanymore.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thats what im talking about. but the thing is, KG won a championship with pp and ray. now if danny gets LA. Green, rondo and others should step up to be a contender. i think LA will do the same thing as KG did before. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... LA is on a perpetual rebuilding team that hasn't contended in years and won't. He sees the forest for the trees and wants to be on a team with a history of winning and one that is serious about competing ASAP ... If he looks at a teams record when it comes to championship driven, ownership and fan base he has very few choices if he wants to win on a consistent basis. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

rondo, green, aldridge are NOT the big ticket, the truth, and jesus. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

rondo, green, aldridge are NOT the big ticket, the truth, and jesus. 

Yes, but if you add another piece, like Olynyk after 3 years, that's a team similar to the Pacers of 2013.

Gone are the days of having Big 3s. If you want to be a championship contender under the new salary cap rules, you're better off having 4 or 5 very good players instead of having 2 superstars and a bunch mediocre players.

[/QUOTE]

and brooks btw. imagine!

Rondo-Brooks-Green-Aldridge-Olynyk/Faverani

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Jeff Green, Rondo and Ko plus a player like A would be a very competative team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

oh, so, now we are striving to be the 2013 pacers... good enough for the playoffs, not good enough to win a ring... i thought we were trying to avoid that????? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The jury's still out on the ultimate fate of Indiana.  I'd be surprised but not shocked if they won one in the next 5 years.  I think they've built a contending team, although a dark horse.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

oh, so, now we are striving to be the 2013 pacers... good enough for the playoffs, not good enough to win a ring... i thought we were trying to avoid that????? 

Yes, the Celts, in my opinion, should avoid becoming a playoff team.

But what can we do if Rondo plays on opening night.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics could surprise and not be a real lottery winner because they will be in the lottery just never at the bottom of it for two or three years. I believe they will be bad but not bad enough.  Danny will have to make trades for guys like Aldridge and show these players like Garnett they will like Boston.  Those draft picks he acquired will be used most likely for trades.  He did a brilliant job in 2007.  Maybe he will do it again he has contracts and draft picks as you have mentioned.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics could surprise and not be a real lottery winner because they will be in the lottery just never at the bottom of it for two or three years. I believe they will be bad but not bad enough.  Danny will have to make trades for guys like Aldridge and show these players like Garnett they will like Boston.  Those draft picks he acquired will be used most likely for trades.  He did a brilliant job in 2007.  Maybe he will do it again he has contracts and draft picks as you have mentioned.

Agree.

It's hard to be bad when Rondo is running the show.

[/QUOTE]

We lost the last seven games that Rondo ran the show.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We lost the last seven games that Rondo ran the show.

Part of the reason for that was Pierce being a turnover machine and KG underperforming.

Brad Stevens will not allow Rondo to hold on to the ball until the shot-clock runs out.

[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think Rondo is done...if he would not listen to Doc, how do we expect him to listen to a 35 yrld rookie coach???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

hope someone in fo sees this thread. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I think Rondo is done...if he would not listen to Doc, how do we expect him to listen to a 35 yrld rookie coach???

Because Doc has no stones.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Celts, in my opinion, should avoid becoming a playoff team.

But what can we do if Rondo plays on opening night.

[/QUOTE]

Then you start him with Fab Melo.