LAMEar Odom not drafted by Chicago because he smoked peace weed before every game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

LAMEar Odom not drafted by Chicago because he smoked peace weed before every game

On ESPN First Take  this morning they discussed the LAMEar Odom issue and stated that LAMEar was NOT drafted by Chicago #1 because he admitted to their psychiatrist he smoked peace weed before everygame...their GM said they couldn't risk the #1 pick for that guy...turns out he was right....Steven A Smith said LAMEar went into a deep depression once the Lakers let him go and that he only wants to play for the Lakers. Some might also say he hates being married to another fat azzed Krudazzian, but that's another story for another day.

My question is, I thought the NBA tested for drugs like the other sports do? I guess they don't...and I guess they won't, knowing the probable heavy drug use by many NBA players....LAMEar is a crack head and that doesn't happen overnight, it's been going on for AT LEAST the two years he's been Mr. Krudazzian....WTF?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: LAMEar Odom not drafted by Chicago because he smoked peace weed before every game

supposedly crumb-ar odumb was "CLEAN" this last season after a hearty crack cocaine habit in the off season and right back to the crack this off season.

he's really no different than beasley or any different than the rookie odumb who drove pat riley crazy with drug use.  just a low life buffoon who's flushing an easy 20 million USD down the toilet in what he COULD HAVE EARNED over the remainder of his career

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: LAMEar Odom not drafted by Chicago because he smoked peace weed before every game

1. You're an ignorant A-whole to think that smoking weed led to his crack addiction.

2. Odom had a long a successful NBA career and was a key piece on those Laker teams.

3. Give the guy a break. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

1. You're an ignorant A-whole to think that smoking weed led to his crack addiction.

2. Odom had a long a successful NBA career and was a key piece on those Laker teams.

3. Give the guy a break. 

Let me tell you something R9R...I personally know much more about drug addiction than you ever will...9 years clean and sober here....and never suggested that his peace weed addiction lead to his crack addiciton...he probably WAS already a coke head even way back then...I'm not giving him a break because he needs to give himself a break and get clean and sober or everything he puts in front of his sobriety will be lost...EVERYTHING...including his bball career and his marriage...

For an intelligent young guy you are incredibly presumptuous and stupid at times...now try and tell me how little I know about both recovery and bball...g'head, because my time on these threads tells me that's probably your next move... :)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

From MSN/FOX SPORTS:

Lamar Odom arrested on suspicion of DUI Lamar Odom   REUTERS-Lucas Jackson

2 hr ago LA Times

share 55 tweet 4 pin it 1 email  

Rough month for NBA free agent continues.

Veteran NBA player Lamar Odom was arrested Friday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence after he was spotted driving erratically on the 101 Freeway in the San Fernando Valley, the California Highway Patrol said.

Odom, a free agent who has played for the Lakers and most recently the Clippers, was arrested at 3:54 a.m. and booked into jail in Van Nuys at 5:01 a.m., according to jail records.

CHP officials said they spotted Odom driving a white Mercedes sports utility vehicle eastbound on the 101 Freeway near Sepulveda Boulevard. The driver was driving in a "serpentine manner" at speeds of about 50 mph.

Authorities tried to pull over Odom, but he continued driving eastbound, passing Van Nuys Boulevard and Woodman Avenue. He exited at Coldwater Canyon Boulevard and came to a stop, CHP officials said.

Odom showed "objective signs of intoxication and was unable to perform field sobriety tests as explained and demonstrated," according to a CHP report.

Odom was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and possibly drugs.

At the Van Nuys jail, Odom refused all chemical tests and was booked without incident, CHP officials said.

Odom has made headlines in recent weeks for alleged drug use, including reports last weekend that he was missing after a fight with his wife, Khloe Kardashian Odom.

His agent told ESPN that the basketball player was “not missing,” and a source told the outlet that Odom was at a Los Angeles hotel as friends tried to help him with a drug problem.

Kardashian Odom tweeted about the reports, saying it was “really hard to sit here and listen to people talk … about my family.”

In a separate case, Los Angeles prosecutors said last week that they would not file charges against Odom in connection with a reported battery and grand theft arrest last month involving a paparazzo in Hollywood.

Instead, Odom would be required to attend a city attorney's hearing that can include a warning to avoid future run-ins or an order to attend counseling.

The incident, captured on video, took place on El Cerrito Place near Franklin Avenue. It showed Odom confiscating a rolling bag believed to contain camera equipment from a photographer who asked him questions about whether he was having an extramarital affair.

Odom, who is married to Khloe Kardashian, is then shown placing the bag in the trunk of his white Mercedes coupe and driving off.

In the same video he appears again on Hollywood Boulevard removing the items from his trunk and leaving them on the street.

The Los Angeles County dstrict attorney declined to file charges against Odom, citing insufficient evidence that a felony had been committed.

In 2001, Odom was suspended twice for drug violations while playing for the Clippers. The NBA declined to confirm the nature of the violations.

Drug rumors and some doubts about his character bumped him from the top spot in the 1999 draft down to the fourth pick, which is where the Clippers found him. He played for the Miami Heat, the Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks before returning to the Clippers last year.

-- Richard Winton

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

nba has the worse drug policy in pro sports.. have u not noticed that noone gets busted for ANYTHING? most do weed but they only test once and the playas know when its coming. once u pass, thats it.. no more testing.. test is preseason. didnt help matters that o hooked up with a k as in kardashian...

now i also know y he ate so many gummmy bears and had a snack fetish.. right up there with pats and nfl's drug approach.. hear no evil, c no evil!

NBA Drug Testing Program: 
    The NBA program is roughly consistent with that of other major North American sports leagues. From the agreement the NBA negotiated with the players' association during the 2011 lockout: 

All players are subject to four (4) random tests each season (from October 1 to June 30). All players are also subject to two (2) random tests each off-season (from July 1 to September 30). All such tests are scheduled and conducted by an independent, third-party entity and are without prior notice to the player. The NBA and the NBPA are not involved in the scheduling of any tests or the selection of players for testing.

Additionally, if the NBA receives information a player may be cheating with drugs, that player can be brought, within 24 hours, before an independent medical expert with the power to order a rigorous course of testing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Odom ... is not being drug tested by the NBA. Here is a copy of his arrest report, and here is more on the situation from Ken Berger of CBSSports.com: “By itself, Odom’s arrest on suspicion of DUI would not be enough to trigger a probable-cause test under the NBA’s anti-drug program, league sources said. The league’s medical director and the players’ association would typically only be inclined to petition for such testing beyond the six random tests players already face if A) Odom were already in the league’s after-care program, or B) if a substance beyond alcohol were involved in his arrest. It is not known if Odom — who was suspended in 2001 for violating the league’s anti-drug policy twice in eight months — is in the NBA’s after-care program. What we do know is that as long as Odom is a free agent and not employed by an NBA team, he cannot be subjected to any league drug tests.