Latest ESPN Power Rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Latest ESPN Power Rankings

San Antonio is #1...........Celtics dropped to #4 based on Rondo being out and the two disappointing losses....LA #2.....interesting comments..........said LA is 12-2 but only has 3 quality wins (beating teams expected to make the playoffs)....quote of the show...."the Lakers schedule has been an absolute creampuff"....that sounds about right....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Latest ESPN Power Rankings

December and especially February shape up as our big months. February is especially tough. But all the major teams have supposedly weak parts of their schedules.

Although any team could beat another on a given day.

The Spurs are playing well, they just need to avoid serious injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Plus the season is so young it's very hard to get any sort of gage of real form at the moment. Said it before teams can very well lose a title in November but they can't win one.

Miami are a wreck right now, but come May they should well be a much improved team. Emphasis on should.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

You sound like the Lakers aren't worthy of their ranking since they have had a pretty easy schedule. I'm just curious, how do think they will do tonight since they are actually playing a quality team?

I predict another blowout...

Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Latest ESPN Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]San Antonio is #1...........Celtics dropped to #4 based on Rondo being out and the two disappointing losses....LA #2.....interesting comments..........said LA is 12-2 but only has 3 quality wins (beating teams expected to make the playoffs)....quote of the show...."the Lakers schedule has been an absolute creampuff"....that sounds about right....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

That's a fair assessment. However, the Lakers have gone on the road 6 times and haven't lost to a team that has a losing record (although the Suns are currently at .500). The Celtics have been on the road for 8 games and have lost to two teams with losing records.

Those are the games that the top contenders SHOULD win. Your teams other two losses were to West teams. The Lakers haven't lost to any East team. I think that should give you an idea how much tougher it is playing in the West...although most on this board seem to think the West is the weaker conference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Latest ESPN Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]You sound like the Lakers aren't worthy of their ranking since they have had a pretty easy schedule. I'm just curious, how do think they will do tonight since they are actually playing a quality team? I predict another blowout...
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

EliasB I have to agree with you. I think they'll blow out Chicago.

But I'm sure some of the excuses will be that they're without Boozer. But no mention about the Lakers being without Bynum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

who really knows Q?.....the rankings seem to change every few days....I think the West is much better than the East at this point....LA, Oak, Utah, Dallas, SA....killer teams right now...East?  ....Celtics and......Magic?  ......maybe I'm missing some team.....the strength is currently in the West....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Early in the (82 game pre)season is the operative phrase. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]You sound like the Lakers aren't worthy of their ranking since they have had a pretty easy schedule. I'm just curious, how do think they will do tonight since they are actually playing a quality team? I predict another blowout...
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

LOL nice use of words there.

Not saying that. I really don't like the whole power ranking idea. It's to me a creation to fill in spaces in Newspapers and time on ESPN (or whatever network is discussing them).

Just think the Lakers real test this season is months away. When you look at our schedule for February you'll see it's very tough. Horrible read trip to the East and we precede that trip with a trio of tough games. San Antonio, Boston and (I think) The Thunder (may be wrong with the 3rd team, but I know they're a decent side).

We'll beat the Chicago Cows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Worthy, I agree - Lakers will kill the Chicago pretenders (who have NO inside game).  

Agree also that everyone's schedule has tough spots, but the Lakers cream puff beginning is more than counter balanced with 3 games of Miami, San Antonio, and New Orleans and then a couple of weeks later they go OKC, Dallas, Denver, Utah, Sac, Boston, Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Memphis, Boston, NY, and Orlando.   Wow - there are only 3, maybe 4 guaranteed wins.   Tough stretch!

I predict 8 wins and 5 losses  or 9 wins and 4 losses in that stretch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the Celtics have lost to some bad teams. No blowout.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't think Cleveland is all that bad this season. That group of players has a lot of motivation to have a strong season. Not saying that they'll win the title. But they could well make the play offs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Latest ESPN Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]San Antonio is #1...........Celtics dropped to #4 based on Rondo being out and the two disappointing losses....LA #2.....interesting comments..........said LA is 12-2 but only has 3 quality wins (beating teams expected to make the playoffs)....quote of the show...."the Lakers schedule has been an absolute creampuff"....that sounds about right....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

LA got another "quality" win over Chicago, but it was a hard fought game. Thibodeau has the Bull's playing defense the same way the C's played. My hat's off to the Bulls. When they get Boozer back, this team will be a serious threat in the East.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yep.....it's funny how up and down the season goes....rankings can change almost daily....for everyone who thinks the Celtic loss to Cleveland was bad....consider....it was 2nd of back to back and on the road....more importantly....it was Cleveland's statement game....facing an opponent for the first time in years without Labron...and facing the team that beat them in the playoffs and had just beat Miami....think they weren't sky high for that home opener?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Worthy, I agree - Lakers will kill the Chicago pretenders (who have NO inside game).   Agree also that everyone's schedule has tough spots, but the Lakers cream puff beginning is more than counter balanced with 3 games of Miami, San Antonio, and New Orleans and then a couple of weeks later they go OKC, Dallas, Denver, Utah, Sac, Boston, Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Memphis, Boston, NY, and Orlando.   Wow - there are only 3, maybe 4 guaranteed wins.   Tough stretch! I predict 8 wins and 5 losses  or 9 wins and 4 losses in that stretch.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Finally a Boston fan that acknowledges the fact that every team in the league has easy and tough stretches during the course of the season. The fact that the Lakers are facing their softer portion of the schedule up front really makes no difference in the long run. Well put.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'm assuming the lakers are going to earn hca throughout. doesn't the easy schedule up front enable them to clinch that position earlier and as such afford them more time to rest up, polish up, get healthy, etc? i think it does. look at the last ten laker games scheduled. tough opposition. i'll guess lakers will have clinched by then and already be in playoff prep mode, rendering some or several of those games meaningless. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Perhaps. But assuming they take care of business as they should, couldn't the case be made that the Celtics' easier stretches will afford their starters some low minute totals late in the season as well? 

I'm not sure which schedule I would prefer, to be honest. There are cases to be made for both.