Latest ramblings..............................by Hedley Lamarr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Latest ramblings..............................by Hedley Lamarr

So,
    it's clear Krstic is better than Semih - nice move Danny;

it's clear Perk wanted a ton of money from someone other than us - ditto #1;

if Jeff Green can play that poorly, and look that uncomfortable on his first night in green (pun intended), I can't wait to see him when he settles in - ditto #1;

took Perk only one interview to talk about his contract status - Randy Moss;

I want the number 1 seed more than ever now just so I can see CHI beat MIA in the second round;

interesting take last night by Don MacLean (not American Pie, the other one, UCLA.......unillustrious NBA career, you know)  he said in his opinion playing off Rondo was a mistake because it gives him better court vision.  He compared it to rushing the QB in football.  If you rush the QB he could make a mistake...if you let him stand in the pocket with great vision, he will kill you.  Thought it was different and interesting.  Still thinking about if I agree with it or not.  (Apparently, I am doomed to seeing all the "home" announcers living out here in CA............so I get Mike and Tommy 1/2 the time);

love Delonte, but Rondo, bad FT shooting and all, needs to be in at the end of games;

love KG inside, but hope he regains his outside "J" soon.

That's all for now - anyone heard about any buyouts?  I think they will happen in bunches right at the last minute!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Latest ramblings..............................by Hedley Lamarr

In Response to Latest ramblings..............................by Hedley Lamarr:
    [QUOTE]So, it's clear Krstic is better than Semih - nice move Danny; it's clear Perk wanted a ton of money from someone other than us - ditto #1; if Jeff Green can play that poorly, and look that uncomfortable on his first night in green (pun intended), I can't wait to see him when he settles in - ditto #1; took Perk only one interview to talk about his contract status - Randy Moss; I want the number 1 seed more than ever now just so I can see CHI beat MIA in the second round; interesting take last night by Don MacLean (not American Pie, the other one, UCLA.......unillustrious NBA career, you know)  he said in his opinion playing off Rondo was a mistake because it gives him better court vision.  He compared it to rushing the QB in football.  If you rush the QB he could make a mistake...if you let him stand in the pocket with great vision, he will kill you.  Thought it was different and interesting.  Still thinking about if I agree with it or not.  (Apparently, I am doomed to seeing all the "home" announcers living out here in CA............so I get Mike and Tommy 1/2 the time); love Delonte, but Rondo, bad FT shooting and all, needs to be in at the end of games; love KG inside, but hope he regains his outside "J" soon. That's all for now - anyone heard about any buyouts?  I think they will happen in bunches right at the last minute!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Good post, just would disagree about the part with Rondo having to be in at the end of games unless its a blowout

It depends alot on how Rondo is playing and who we're playing. Our 4th qtr offense has struggled for 2 years  and I think having both Rondo & Perk on the floor may contribute the most to it.

Ok, Perk is gone but when its a tight game or a playoff game, got to figure alot more 1/2 court offense. Id love to see DW in those spots at least occassionally.

Hes smart with the ball and doesnt make many high risk plays. He also has range beyond the 3 pt line and is a good FT shooter.  Sometimes Rondo takes too much risk for the moment and hes a liability shooting or even driving cause of the hackaRondo issue. 

Other than ego, I dont see anything wrong with playing the odds now and again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree about Kristic.  He does bring some energy especially on the offensive end.  And when he popped out on the pick and roll and recovered, I thought was very important.

I posted about the pros and cons of "leaving Rondo" and how it allows him to see the court and make his pinpoint passes easier.  However, I don't think, over the course of the game, it benefits Rondo or the Celtics.

Rondo HAS to do more and he HAS to get more involved than just with assists (a couple of his 7 rebs were being the first to chase down a missed Clips shot).  There were moments where he was open and very close to the basket but he didn't shoot.  He's not looking to put pressure on his defender.  And when he is not doing much else, he tends to try "stupid" and "hotdog" passes as well as cause guys to get 3 second calls.  There is no reason Rondo should have 7 turnovers and 11 assists when taking only 2 shots.

I disagree that Rondo needs to be on the court at the end of games.  Delonte played great perimeter defense.  Unlike Rondo, he played sound, fundamental PG and did not gamble on the defensive end.  He stabilized the offense.  The Clips could not leave anyone alone and when Delonte can knock down his 3's, Rondo's presence on the court is not missed as much. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Latest ramblings..............................by Hedley Lamarr:
    [QUOTE]I agree about Kristic.  He does bring some energy especially on the offensive end.  And when he popped out on the pick and roll and recovered, I thought was very important. I posted about the pros and cons of "leaving Rondo" and how it allows him to see the court and make his pinpoint passes easier.  However, I don't think, over the course of the game, it benefits Rondo or the Celtics. Rondo HAS to do more and he HAS to get more involved than just with assists (a couple of his 7 rebs were being the first to chase down a missed Clips shot).  There were moments where he was open and very close to the basket but he didn't shoot.  He's not looking to put pressure on his defender.  And when he is not doing much else, he tends to try "stupid" and "hotdog" passes as well as cause guys to get 3 second calls.  There is no reason Rondo should have 7 turnovers and 11 assists when taking only 2 shots. I disagree that Rondo needs to be on the court at the end of games.  Delonte played great perimeter defense.  Unlike Rondo, he played sound, fundamental PG and did not gamble on the defensive end.  He stabilized the offense.  The Clips could not leave anyone alone and when Delonte can knock down his 3's, Rondo's presence on the court is not missed as much. 
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Always a great read, Petey.  I guess we will just disagree about Rondo.  He had a bad game last night, very true.  BUT,he has more good games than bad and I don't think he would "hot dog" at the end of a close game. I would love to see stats on his turnovers and steals in the last  5 mins of a game.  He is a liability on offense, for sure..................but with Perk gone we now have FOUR good players on the court.  Delonte is great, he's smart and he does stabilize the offense......all that is true.  I just know Rondo will not shoot in the closing mins, while DWest will.  While some may be comfortable with that, I am not.  With PP, RA, KG, Shaq and BBD, are we going to let West take the last shot??  NO, and Rondo wouldn't............that's my point.  Maybe I'll be proven wrong, and I will be the first to admit it, but as a coach   I can see Doc's point of view on this.  He trusts Rondo!!

Minor point, though, if we win #18, isn't it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You hit on the most important development last night.  It was Delonte doing what this team needs in a close game. West changed that game with his clutch shooting and defense. 

Rondo may be out of sorts for few games.  His best friend is gone and he really looked offensively much less aggressive.  I think knowing two new guys and more to come are likely to effect his game for the next several games.

Still we have to win games.  Jeff Green looked small for a man claiming to be 6-9.  His game will probably explode sometime soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Keep on posting opinions that are completely at odds with the facts, guys. 

Rondo now hits the same percentage of jump shots as Delonte does. (Actually, one percentage point better.) 

Last five minutes of close games, Delonte averaged, on a per 48 minutes basis, 10.8 points last year (too few games and minutes to use this year stats.)  Rondo DOUBLED that last year, averaging 22 points on the same basis.

Last year, Delonte averaged 4.1 assists per passing turnover, while Rondo averaged 4.6.  So much for Delonte's being "steadier".  By the way, Rondo had 50% more assists as well as a better passing rate.

As for who is the better defender, last year Delonte had NO votes for a position on the All-Defensive team.  As we know, Rondo was voted by the NBA coaches to the first team All-Defensive Team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Here's one that's not at odds...Kristic had 6 offensive boards, yes, but how many defensive?  Zero.  Nada.  I don't know what you guys were watching, but he got bullied on the defensive glass all night long.  Putbacks and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shot attempts kept LA in this one last night.  And yes, there was a possession where LA had four chances at the hoop.  They ran off two minutes of clock in the process.

Kristic gives and he takes away.  He's not getting boards due to his size, but due to his athleticism.  He scares no one, but still brings down 6 offensive boards because he's lithe.  But until he can get some defensive boards, the offensive ones are somewhat moot right now.  Because on defense, he plays like he's scared under the hoop. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

One game doesn't say much, but it said what I wanted it to say. Our new bench allowed our starters some quality rest last night during the third and fourth quarter.  West is starting to feel comfortable, Green will be there in a few weeks. Davis is having a zone year, he's really defined himself better on the court and with the team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

@damfuno:  I thought it was the Paul Pierce ISO at the end that folks got mad at.  Now its Rondo dribbling for 20 seconds.  Then the rest of the team needs to get some movement as well.  Dont put it all on Rondo.

@soups:  Havent we been complaining all year about the lack of "offensive" rebounds?  Krstic gets 6 and it's still not enough.  When was the last time a Celtic had that many offensive boards?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

when it comes down to it, rondo is def in here for the long hall. he is the cornerstone of the franchise, that much is clear. so instead of just taking the role away from him at the end of the game and giving it to DW,who by the way has never proved to be "clutch", i agree with Doc's thinking of putting him in the moment so he can grow into it and be ready to take that shot. you dont take confidence away from a player with his kind of upside. you build his confidence and make him more confortable in that role. i will also say, rondo has never lost a game for us bc of his bad shooting. (use the dallas game but he couldnt find anyone and took a last second shot). 

and petey, i agree that he needs to be more aggressive and do more i guess, but he will. in the playoffs. wen it matters. like hes done the past 3 years. i dont think stuffing stats against lower caliber teams is as important as getting it done on the big stage. ppl tend to forget that this is the rondo we get every reg season, and, while id rather have him do it all the time, id rather him turn it on in the playoffs than rite now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Latest ramblings..............................by Hedley Lamarr:
    [QUOTE]Keep on posting opinions that are completely at odds with the facts, guys.  Rondo now hits the same percentage of jump shots as Delonte does. (Actually, one percentage point better.)  Last five minutes of close games, Delonte averaged, on a per 48 minutes basis, 10.8 points last year (too few games and minutes to use this year stats.)  Rondo DOUBLED that last year, averaging 22 points on the same basis. Last year, Delonte averaged 4.1 assists per passing turnover, while Rondo averaged 4.6.  So much for Delonte's being "steadier".  By the way, Rondo had 50% more assists as well as a better passing rate. As for who is the better defender, last year Delonte had NO votes for a position on the All-Defensive team.  As we know, Rondo was voted by the NBA coaches to the first team All-Defensive Team.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

I am not knocking Rondo but you will never convince me he is as good a shooter as Delonte. Stats or no stats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Facts or no facts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Latest ramblings..............................by Hedley Lamarr:
    [QUOTE]So, it's clear Krstic is better than Semih - nice move Danny; it's clear Perk wanted a ton of money from someone other than us - ditto #1; if Jeff Green can play that poorly, and look that uncomfortable on his first night in green (pun intended), I can't wait to see him when he settles in - ditto #1; took Perk only one interview to talk about his contract status - Randy Moss; I want the number 1 seed more than ever now just so I can see CHI beat MIA in the second round; interesting take last night by Don MacLean (not American Pie, the other one, UCLA.......unillustrious NBA career, you know)  he said in his opinion playing off Rondo was a mistake because it gives him better court vision.  He compared it to rushing the QB in football.  If you rush the QB he could make a mistake...if you let him stand in the pocket with great vision, he will kill you.  Thought it was different and interesting.  Still thinking about if I agree with it or not.  (Apparently, I am doomed to seeing all the "home" announcers living out here in CA............so I get Mike and Tommy 1/2 the time); love Delonte, but Rondo, bad FT shooting and all, needs to be in at the end of games; love KG inside, but hope he regains his outside "J" soon. That's all for now - anyone heard about any buyouts?  I think they will happen in bunches right at the last minute!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Yo Hedley...On Green, this may sound stupid, I know he didn't have a good game. But to me, he looked damn good not having a good game. Does this junk make any sense?