Lebron- I Never flop, never been one of those guys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Lebron- I Never flop, never been one of those guys

In response to R9R's comment:

Lebron is clearly the most talented player in the world right now ... and that mental elevation is fueled by infallable confidence. I think he literally believes that he does not foul, does not flop, does not flagrant, does not travel, does not palm, does not charge. The dude is not a mental midget, he is delusional. 

Lets PRAY on the Griz having what it takes to beat the heat, because this guy needs to be grounded. Can you blame him for his delusion? Or are the trolls in black and white stripes to be blamed as the rule keepers?

I blame the refs, not LBJ.

Man you hit the nail on the head.  I think he does believe everything you said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The term, which may have saved yourself a paragraph of babbling like an idiot, is narcissism. Comes from a guy that fell in love looking at his reflection in the water.

Also Lebron is nowhere near being the most talented player in the world. Explain to us what talents he exhibits that surpasses anyone elses in the NBA

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In last season's NBA Finals, Lebron only got more than 2 fouls once, 4 fouls in Game 2.

Against Spain in the Gold Medal Game in the Olympics, Lebron almost fouled out. He got his 4th foul in early in the 4th qtr. That forced Coach K to substitute Lebron with Kobe.

You foul out after 5 fouls in FIBA tournaments.

So there you have it.

We all know Lebron gets special treatment in the NBA.

It is what it is.

Very interesting.  You just proved that the elite players in the NBA get preferential treatment. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

The term, which may have saved yourself a paragraph of babbling like an idiot, is narcissism. Comes from a guy that fell in love looking at his reflection in the water.

Also Lebron is nowhere near being the most talented player in the world. Explain to us what talents he exhibits that surpasses anyone elses in the NBA

Not sure I agree with this.  I think Lebron is the most talented player.  That is what gets me,  he doesn't need the help. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Not sure I agree with this.  I think Lebron is the most talented player.  That is what gets me,  he doesn't need the help. 

I fail to see Lebrons "talent" exceeding everyone else in the world.. In a fairly played game, hes an all star...  an average dribbler, a good shooter (this season), outstanding passer, I cant elevate his inside game to great or his ppg either considering the enormous advantages hes granted...

In the Olympics, he wasnt such a big star, was he... actually got whistled for his fouls and travels

I think there are many more all around talented BB players than lebron... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I fail to see Lebrons "talent" exceeding everyone else in the world.. In a fairly played game, hes an all star...  an average dribbler, a good shooter (this season), outstanding passer, I cant elevate his inside game to great or his ppg either considering the enormous advantages hes granted...

In the Olympics, he wasnt such a big star, was he... actually got whistled for his fouls and travels

I think there are many more all around talented BB players than lebron... 

Many? Okay name 20.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Choose whatever word you want, but there's no question LeBron is the best player in the league.  He's an amazing combination of power, athleticism and savvy. Is he the most talented? I think a better way of saying it is that he's the complete package.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Choose whatever word you want, but there's no question LeBron is the best player in the league.  He's an amazing combination of power, athleticism and savvy. Is he the most talented? I think a better way of saying it is that he's the complete package.

No argument hes the most valuable player in the NBA.... but the word was talented..

Wilt and Russ were the most valuable players during their time but certainly not the most talented.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

No argument hes the most valuable player in the NBA.... but the word was talented..

Wilt and Russ were the most valuable players during their time but certainly not the most talented.

Disagree - I think MEBron is the most talented now, and I think Wilt was the most talented then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I hear you, and your point illustrates how remarkable LeBron is. Again, I don't know if he's the most talented player, he has the best combination of skills.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You just opened a whole new can of worms. MVP doesn't automatically go to Lebron. Would Miami still make the playoffs without him?  Yes i think they would. If Durant was out would the Thunder still make the playoffs??  Probably. Melo?  Washburn took a lot of heat for voting for Melo.  If you go by most valuable to your team,  Melo very well could have been that player even though Melo would be hard pressed to make my top ten players.  Curry is another good MVP candidate.  I think even the sports writers are just too hung up on Lebron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Disagree - I think MEBron is the most talented now, and I think Wilt was the most talented then.

KoME workes, but MEBron doesn't. James is a complete team player who averages 7 assists a game. I'm no Heat fan, but I'd dance naked in the streets if we somehow signed the guy.

Not that anyone, including Mrs. Dobler, would want to see such a spectacle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

KoME workes, but MEBron doesn't. James is a complete team player who averages 7 assists a game. I'm no Heat fan, but I'd dance naked in the streets if we somehow signed the guy.

Not that anyone, including Mrs. Dobler, would want to see such a spectacle.

[/QUOTE

I will complain about the guy.  Not sure I would dance naked in the streets though.  I would however trade Rondo and anything else we have on the team and2 number one picks to go with it.  He is that good.  So is Durant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Agreed, he is very very good!  But just start calling a few fouls on him.  If he continues to be that aggressive and great, I will tip my hat to him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Thibs your vision is fine - WE ALL saw Lebron flop! 

Of course Lebron flops. As a celtice fan everyone remembers the situation, when Lebron act like he is got hit in the face (by Pierce?), when there was almost one foot of air in between.

Of course superstars get superstar treatment. Not only Lebron, but as the biggest star he gets a lot of "extra treatment". Our superstars got the same treatment, when they were on the top of their game. KG still gets away with quite some illegal screens. Maybe he is now only a defensive star^^

But you guys weaken your own arguments by being so one sided. This situation was clealry not a flop. If there was a flop, it was Mohammed who pretended that he was elbowed by Lebron. Also don't forget, James got a T in that situation, IMO a not deserved T. And if you compare then what Mohammed did and how the refs whistled that entire game, it was clearly an ejection.

On top of that: So far the Bulls - Miami series is whistled surprisingly even. From my personal point of view, there are at least as many bad calls against Miami as there are against the Bulls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Thibs your vision is fine - WE ALL saw Lebron flop! 

Of course Lebron flops. As a celtice fan everyone remembers the situation, when Lebron act like he is got hit in the face (by Pierce?), when there was almost one foot of air in between.

Of course superstars get superstar treatment. Not only Lebron, but as the biggest star he gets a lot of "extra treatment". Our superstars got the same treatment, when they were on the top of their game. KG still gets away with quite some illegal screens. Maybe he is now only a defensive star^^

But you guys weaken your own arguments by being so one sided. This situation was clealry not a flop. If there was a flop, it was Mohammed who pretended that he was elbowed by Lebron. Also don't forget, James got a T in that situation, IMO a not deserved T. And if you compare then what Mohammed did and how the refs whistled that entire game, it was clearly an ejection.

On top of that: So far the Bulls - Miami series is whistled surprisingly even. From my personal point of view, there are at least as many bad calls against Miami as there are against the Bulls.

Somehow thats not very comforting... Refs mess up alot of calls, really too many... pointing out they make a proportionately amount of bad calls for both sides just seems odd... like, as long as your not doing your job for everyone, thats ok

As far as Lebron specifically, I dont recall anyone getting such favorable treatment... not on blatantly obvious 3-4-5-6 step travels...routinely... offensive lineman charges into defenders, arms pushing off.. sorry, never seen anyone get that much favortism...

MJ got alot.. the worse I thought was Shaq... who lowered his shoulder in the lane and blasted everyone out of the way... always one aspect of the stars game the legague would bend for... but Lebron gets it in every way imaginable...

No fouls for 4-5 games?? whats he average per game...my guess under 3/// and he calls himself aggressive..

sorry.. cant buy into your opinion but youre certainly entitled to it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

sorry.. cant buy into your opinion but youre certainly entitled to it 

You are so negative (what a surprise). Actually your opinion and mine and not really that much different in that point.

I'm just saying the scene which opened this discussion, the push of mohammed, is a really bad example to prove how james is pampered by the refs. As a) it was clearly worth an ejection the way the games whistled and b) james got called for a T in that situation (for basically nothing)!

Actually the entire series is whistled far more even, than normal "miami" standard. Maybe cause Wade is so far non existant and also James hasn't done that much in this series.

My second point makes a lot of sense as ell. I never said the refs are doing a good job. They doing a poor job, but it is a diference to make a poor job in general and beeing one-sided.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

I used to hate Lebron, but once I got over my biase, I have been paying closer attention to him and it appears he's a pretty decent kind of human being. 

I'm gonna give Lebron the benefit of the doubt: He's no flopper.  He's so athletic that he plays solid defense without fouling and he doesn't need to flop. 

And I also think he got robbed of the defensive player of the year.  Hands down: should have been Lebron. Once I got over my biase, and looked at it objectively, it was clear to me that this was the case.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to darkman20's comment:

I used to hate Lebron, but once I got over my biase, I have been paying closer attention to him and it appears he's a pretty decent kind of human being. 

I'm gonna give Lebron the benefit of the doubt: He's no flopper.  He's so athletic that he plays solid defense without fouling and he doesn't need to flop. 

And I also think he got robbed of the defensive player of the year.  Hands down: should have been Lebron. Once I got over my biase, and looked at it objectively, it was clear to me that this was the case.

Of course you hated Lebron when he was in Cleveland. But now that Lebron is a Heat player and you're a Heat fan, it's not that difficult to figure out why you had a change of heart.

It is true that I hated Lebron like something fierce when he was in Cleveland, and also his first and second season with Miami. 

However, it is not true that I am a Heat fan.  Yes I root for the Heat now because I want to see Ray Allen get another ring (which will be one more than Pierce I might add haha), and also because the Celtics have been eliminated from the playoffs.

Thus, I watch more Heat games this year than any of the prior years, and can conclude with some confidence that Lebron indeed is a great defensive player that plays straight up defense without fouling. 

Furthermore, I have observed that neither Lebron, or Wade, are the bad guys "Us" Celtics fans make them out to be.   Lebron appears to be a fun loving guy that always makes time for the fans, and I have witness Wade on multiple occasions help fallen camera men on the sidelines.  I have witness Wade run, sometimes, from half court away to ensure a fallen camera man is ok.

Also, Lebron and Wade always show much self restraint and never become biligerant towards reporters, even when they ask stupid questions.  

I have concluded that these are traits belonging to only pretty decent guys, alteast for NBA players standards.  It's not suprising that Ray is getting along so well with them.

If you want to call out dirty players, thugs and just overal jerks, I think the focus should be on guys like Matt Barnes (who tramples hapless cheerleaders, and that thug Bynum, and never in doubt that adultress Kobe Bryant that sues his own mother, which I abhor.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Newsflash-

Lebron 3 fouls in 4 games against the Bulls.  2 fouls in first game.  That means in games 2,3,4 combined Lebron has had one foul called on him.

Come on this is ridiculous for such a physical player.