Lebron the best passer in NBA hisory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Lebron the best passer in NBA hisory

What is Mark Jackson smoking?  At least vanG had the sense to back off that one.  He's not even top 100 really.  And how can you even have that discussion and mention larry and not magic.  They are the two best passers I've ever seen.  Really?  Is lebron better than rondo at passing?  NO WAY.  Stockton?  Maybe not flashy but alwasy perfect timing an placement.

Best passer off the dribble?  Nope, magic by far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Lebron the best passer in NBA hisory

I believe he was talking about non-guards. I watched many Larry Bird games and he was an incredible passer, better than LeBron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Mark dreams about Lebron.  ...besides, Mark is about as astute as Forest Gump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

LeBron is the best passing forward in this era though I am a huge Bird fan and lean towards Larry as the best of all time.

LeBron certainly is more deadly leading a break than Bird was, but Bird probably gets the edge because of the ability for a 3 to post up and make sick passes from that position.

The most recent often draws the most accolades but we should keep in mind that memories also grow over time and the defenses that Bird shred with his passes were leaky at best in comparison to the defensive intensity we see today.

Jackson job is to hype the present not celebrate the past so I take such comments with a grain of salt. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Lets see,

There are only two players in history to have 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists for five years. One is Bird, and the other is KG. By the way KG is the only one to do it for seven years.

Best passer? I think not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Bird ,Rick Barry and PiPpen all passed the ball better than Lebron. Bill Bradley and Paul Pressey at least as well. Could probably think of more ,but why bother?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

and so did KG

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Lebron the best passer in NBA hisory:
    [QUOTE]What is Mark Jackson smoking?  At least vanG had the sense to back off that one.  He's not even top 100 really.  And how can you even have that discussion and mention larry and not magic.  They are the two best passers I've ever seen.  Really?  Is lebron better than rondo at passing?  NO WAY.  Stockton?  Maybe not flashy but alwasy perfect timing an placement. Best passer off the dribble?  Nope, magic by far.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Mark Jackson is a moron. Larry Bird was a much better passer than Lebron. Lebron is a great athlete and can make some spectacular passes which are more related to his athleticism than anything else but as far as being a good game to game day in and day out passer Bird was better than Lebron. Rick Barry {one of the 20 greatest NBA players of all time} was just as good a passer {probably better} than Lebron. Rick was the best pick and roll passer I've ever seen {with Clifford Ray} from the forward position.
              Jackson gets me. All he ever talks about is "being aggressive." If so and so makes the shot he's "aggressive." If he misses the shot he's not "aggressive." All he could say in relation to Pau Gasol this year is that he wasn't "aggressive." Heck when Gasol was aggressive it wasn't going in. What difference did it make? He stunk this post season when aggressive and when not aggressive.
              Van Gundy is a loopy f___ too. Where do they find these people? What an oddball he is? Some people think he's kind of funny and interesting. He reminds me of some of the dingdong dingbats I knew in high school to tell you the truth. What a "duo."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Lebron has no supporting evidence other than announcer hype to claim that he belongs in the same class as Bird, or even KG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

van gundy like 'dingbats i knew in high school'
    haaahaa

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

thank god for grande and max

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I remember on many occasions, Bird passing thru some opposing players legs to McHale for a layup. That was priceless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron the best passer in NBA hisory:
    [QUOTE]I believe he was talking about non-guards. I watched many Larry Bird games and he was an incredible passer, better than LeBron.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    people get caught up in the PRESENT. but yep among FORWARDS, i would put him in the top 5 of alltime. bron is a very good passer but not the unanimous BEST.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The actual quote was that he's the best passer at the 4 spot ever.  

But it's way of the mark.  Got a long way to go to catch Larry.  Most of LeBron's best passing is done in games where his team has a significant lead, which affords him the chance to be flashier in his passing.

Bird made the essential pass at the essential time.  That's a much better thing.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Your'e right, he did say non-guards.

Ok, I'll take walton and kareem over lebron for sure.  Not sure I'd take KG in overall passing to be honest, but he's a better interior passer for sure. I'd probably even take a younger shaq.  Can I pick meadowlark lemon? :)

I like passers who make the pass no one else on the floor sees.  I never see lebron doing that.