Lebron the greatest villain in the history of sports!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Re: Lebron the greatest villain in the history of sports!

Brett Farve going to play for Minnesota - ask their fans.  They even have a BF bitter ale on tap at a local brew pub.

Although, LJ is not as generally likable, I have an issue with saying he's the greatest anything, other than the greatest ego maniac team destroying player ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

There was this guy named OJ Simpson...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Icon,
    Man you got it right.  Nothing tops OJ.  I do think Lebron is a revealing symbol of the narcissism that has taken over our culture.  The idea that he tweets rubbing the noses of his former teammates in the mess that he has left them is the most ungracious and insensitive stuff I have ever heard of in sports.  OJ is in another class however.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Lebron James is to basketball what Andy Kaufman was to wrestling

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Lebron has lots of company.

I am originally from Minnesota but I moved to New England in 1981. 
    Some fans  in "Soda" still can not speak Farve's name. My son is one of them.

Barry Bonds comes to mind.

OJ Simpson also comes to mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron the greatest villain in the history of sports!:
    [QUOTE]Lebron has lots of company. I am originally from Minnesota but I moved to New England in 1981.  Some fans  in "Soda" still can not speak Farve's name. My son is one of them. Barry Bonds comes to mind. OJ Simpson also comes to mind.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Other very good examples of villians in sports.  LeBron's program, (the decision)  last summer definitely changed my opinion of him.  He was never one of my favorite NBA players, but I didn't really dislike him.  After his announcement to join the Heat and the way that he announced it, he became one of my most disliked NBA players in recent history.  It seems like most NBA fans did forgive him since he got so many votes for the All-Star team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarvinofATL. Show MarvinofATL's posts

The guy was a free agent. He owed nobody anything. He lived out his contract. You all act like you would be happier if he stayed with that team that obviously is a laughing stock without him. I don't see any complaints when Shaq jumped ship right behind him in his latest quest to ride someone else's jock towards a ring. Get over it. It's midseason already.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Comparing Lebron to murderers was not what I intended.  I think leaving his hometown team of seven years was a betrayal way beyond Favre's and was a epic blow to the community he grew up in.  He also did it in a way that was cowardly and particularly cruel to his hometown.  My point was that we live in times that are not subject to old loyalties but are subject to pure narcissism.  Just the way it is and I think it speaks volumes about the society we live in.  If Lebron was living thirty to forty years ago before the entourages and insulation that celebrity provides he would have been a pariah.  He would have had to face real people.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron the greatest villain in the history of sports!:
    [QUOTE]Lebron James is to basketball what Andy Kaufman was to wrestling
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Andy was a comedian. Extremely wierd comedian but a comedian none the less.