let the kid play!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

let the kid play!

fab melo needs to start asap.sure he is going to struggle he is a rookie but i dont see any other options as we cant afford the big als or josh smith of the world and the celtics need to get bigger in the paint.just seems like a waste if a draft pick if we dont either use him or package him in some type of trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: let the kid play!

In response to bigbostonceltics's comment:
    [QUOTE]

fab melo needs to start asap.sure he is going to struggle he is a rookie but i dont see any other options as we cant afford the big als or josh smith of the world and the celtics need to get bigger in the paint.just seems like a waste if a draft pick if we dont either use him or package him in some type of trade.

[/QUOTE]
    Not sure that he is ready to contribute.  I would imagine that it will take a couple of years to really develop into a good NBA player.  Even some of the elite college players take some type to develop after they are drafted. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"Developing" requires play and if he's not in the D League he can't get the time unless he's on the court.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

the best way to learn anything is hands on.we have a legit seven footer sitting the bench .if the only thing we can get is defensive stops and rebounds from him that would help a lot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I wouldn't mind letting him play a little just to see what he can do.  I am pretty sure the experiment wouldn't last very long though.  Of course you can never tell.  He may get in there and block 4 shots a game. Not so sure that would make up for his other shortcomings though. First thing is he needs to learn he isn't a shooter yet,  just concentrate on rebounding, defense, and hustle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

i agree they should just try it. if it doesnt work at all they can always put him back on the bench.

7. This post has been removed.