Lets cut Pierce some slack..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Lets cut Pierce some slack..

He had to guard Melo all game and didnt get much rest.  He was struggling to get open looks because they were loading up on him, meanwhile Pierce didnt get help from his mates on Melo until he had 40!  He still managed to make a couple big plays in the end as always, and I know when someone scores 42, you think noone guarded him, but he could easily have had 50 against anyone else.  We made a few stops on Melo, but Hey, the guy is great offensive player and he is young and fiesty!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Lets cut Pierce some slack..

Melo is like any other offensive superstar in the association. When they get going they are unstoppable. I am more concerned with the boards he got rather than the points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce needs to get out of there sometimes and Green needs to be in with the first unit. That or PP and Green need to be in there together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Green was in with the first unit, but in 11 minutes he got 5 fouls.  he can't stay on the floor and that's why Pierce has to come back in!  Green has to learn to play better D and stop fouling!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Green needs to be in there by himself...that way he wont have anyone to pass to and would be forced to score, and he probably could. Carmelo almost had 40 and 20 on us...thats Wilt numbers...but K.G. a few times didnt even get off the floor for rebounds, just put his hand up to tip it, I have to believe that is physical and not effort.  You will never know if K.G is knicked up unless he needs to come out..or just tired

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Jay, I'm with you on Pierce but I think if he did not let the game come to him, he'd be able to fare better against Melo.  How is it that HE exerts so much energy guarding Melo but Melo does not exert anything near that amount of energy guarding him?

I honestly believe if Pierce comes out aggressive, he'd make Melo work extremely hard guarding him too.  That might serve to slow down Melo.  If you don't challenge Melo and let him do what he wants, he will wear YOU out and put that pressure on you.

I think Pierce is just as effective a scorer as Melo when he gets it going.  If Pierce starts out aggresive, maybe he can wear down Melo in the process too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Pierce contested most of Melo's shots...his D was fine.  Like said, when a superstar is hot, nobody can stop them.  His shot was off though.

Pierce has proven his value and I believe he will come back strong in NY. and be the winning factor for us. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Pierce can only take what Rondo gives him, and while Rondo was on his way early to racking up 30, he didnt really try to get him involved.  They kept Pierce from getting a rythm, and i just think that you are comparing our all-star team where alot of people touch the ball to the Melo show, guarded by one guy.  Maybe its just me, but I think he had a decent game and rightfully so had to work harder on Melo, how many shots did P have compared to Melo?

Not even close.  If they went ISO for Pierce it would be one thing...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If he had five fouls get him back in there and foul out.  He shut down Anthony completely on Sunday.  Pierce and Ray need to be protected they looked like old men out there tonight when it came to rebounds and loose balls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Pierce need help with Melo. The Celtics can't afford another game like this.

The unconditional love for the captain is understandable but misplaced.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Its Doc fault for letting Melo get to 42 before he put in the agressive double team tactic.  For the most part it worked, so we probably should have conceded to Melo and gave Paul some help earlier.  I dont mean, help at the rim, that aint gonna work when he pulling up from 25 feet.  You need to take the ball out hi hands....look at his supporting cast tonight...thats coaching..and we have a stubborn team defense that doesnt believe in doubling, thats all that it...Doc has said as much

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Does anyone happen to remember the last game at the Garden? Paul ate Melo's lunch. Literaly. These guys go back and forth all the time. I happen to think Doc's coaching has been a big part of these two wins. I don't think Melo will get another 40 point game. I think Paul will outplay him the rest of the way. Oh, and Boston is up 2 games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I am sure that Doc will make adjustments between games, like the last game. Let us hope it works.