Let's get serious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

Let's get serious

It's time to break up the big 3. Garnett and Pierce should be traded, so the C's can get some young studs in place. The team needs a big quality center, Plus skilled guards. R.Allen is still good for a couple more years. Also give the youth a chance; relying on the big 3 failed miserably, simply because they're TOO OLD, and Garnett has morfed into a choir-boy.Let's not have a slow decline toward mediocrity, but a renewed effort to win a championship. Garnett and Pierce are only going to get slower and weaker. If they are around next year, I guarantee the Celtics will NOT win more than 45 games!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Re: Let's get serious

not more than 45 games? haha i think you need to get serious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Let's not have a slow decline toward mediocrity, but a renewed effort to win a championship. Garnett and Pierce are only going to get slower and weaker. If they are around next year, I guarantee the Celtics will NOT win more than 45 games!

I agree with your assessment. But you started off with "Let's get serious."

Who would want to pay them? They have more value here than elsewhere. What about that Celtic family stuff? Those numbers are headed for the rafters.

Seriously, the big three are virtually untradeable and this is the last of a 3 year swan song. Once more, into the breech, with a minor addition or two... the last hurrah. And if everything goes perfectly (unlikely), they still have a shot.

I, too, would like to retool. It's the coach in me. But it's not practical for this year due to the business side of things. I almost don't want to watch it, but I will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Let's get serious:
    [QUOTE]not more than 45 games? haha i think you need to get serious.
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

33 and 10 with Shaq - my guess is that would have been 500 at best - so call it 22 and 21, then they finished the season 23 and 16......  that adds up to 45 and 37..... hmmmmmm...... or just extrapolate the 23 and 16 - you get 48....... hhhmmmmmm again....  Pierce is a year older, KG is a year older, Ray is a year older, Rondo is Rondo... J O is the starting center and they have a bunch of retreads returning..........45 wins sounds kind of optimistic......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatchoice. Show fatchoice's posts

Well, winning it all isn't everything. I am so used to the big 3 now that I rather want them to retire as Celtics than winning another championship at their expenses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

In Response to Re: Let's get serious:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get serious : 33 and 10 with Shaq - my guess is that would have been 500 at best - so call it 22 and 21, then they finished the season 23 and 16......  that adds up to 45 and 37..... hmmmmmm...... or just extrapolate the 23 and 16 - you get 48....... hhhmmmmmm again....  Pierce is a year older, KG is a year older, Ray is a year older, Rondo is Rondo... J O is the starting center and they have a bunch of retreads returning..........45 wins sounds kind of optimistic......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    good post.
    i just think that we always get off to good enough starts in the beginning of the season which will lead to a 50 win season.
    who knows maybe 1 of the big 3 get injured, then i would agree with you.