Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.

now im not saying that shaq is gunna come back and average 20 and 10 for us. but you have to understand this situation. its perfect.

down 2-0, headed back to Boston. everyones saying we are finished. too old. and your getting Shaq back. the crowd is gunna be electric. if he scores a point or lord permitting a DUNK??? the Garden is going to go CRAZY. this is something that we havent had the previous two games of this series. we havent had anything to really pump the players up. 

expect kg to be back to his chest thumping self, Rondo..well rondo shows no emotion, but plays all out on his home court (kinda hoping for the headband in game 3 lol), just expect a lot more passion coming from our players. im excited. you should be too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6486856

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well I am not making excuses about the refs but in the first half there were two obvious charges on the Heat, both were called blocks.  The Celtics had a obvious charge called on them and it was called charge.  Now those didn't cost us the game but if that continues to happen even Shaq won't help.  He will foul out just standing there.

On a positive note I think he is the "juice" that we need to get back in the series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

How about... lets not overstate the impact Shaq will bring to the C's.

It would definitely be a feel good story for the ages if Shaq could return to early season form... but not likely!

Pud

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

A big reason we are losing this series is because we are not exploiting the height advantage against the heat. We are not posting up kg and jo enough to take advantage of joel anthony 6'9 height. We are just shooting jumpers and letting anthony run wild on switches and shot blocking. With shaq in there, the heat cant play anthony anymore, advantage cs. The cs should be ashamed that a player who avgs 2 PTS AND 3.5 REB during the reg season, is killing us.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.:
    [QUOTE]How about... lets not overstate the impact Shaq will bring to the C's. It would definitely be a feel good story for the ages if Shaq could return to early season form... but not likely! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone expects Shaq to be the same player that he was at the beginning of the season.  Even a few minutes from Shaq for the remainder of the playoffs, could help.  If the game is close, he could be the difference between winning or losing.  He won't be the main reason that the Celtics are in the game.  This has to be a better effort by the entire team, starters and bench players. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

My feeling is Shaq's gonna play not because he's finally ok, but because the season's on the line.  It will be good to see him back on the floor, but if he returns again for game 4, I'll feel a whole lot better about it.
    It's going to be nice to see how a 0-2 deficit focuses everybody when they play.

When a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully - Samuel Johnson

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

we need a must win tomm.night game 3....go go go celtics

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

WHo knows how well Shaq can play. I can say this, after missing so much time when he returned against the Pistons, he looked pretty darn good... even if for just 5 mins

So if he can handle it physically, I wouldnt doubt his play helping us plenty.

Tell you the truth, Id rather he didnt play if he comes up limping again after 5 mins ...what an emotional drain that would be

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Shaq has to prove to all of us that he can even run the floor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

I think Shaq playing will lift the morale if this team. They need it. They seem lost out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan87. Show BostonFan87's posts

I dont think shaq is going to be back to his beginning of the season level, but his importance is to make LBJ and D Wade think twice before going to the hoop..and if we can make them settle for jump shots/lower percentage shots, i think we can get right back in this series, espescially if shaq can get the crowd and players momentum going with a few big defensive plays or dunks, i know the garden has been hoping for that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pancake,
    You are right.  We don't even know if he can run the floor.  That is pretty iffy and we will just have  to hope he can.  As you say it is very much in question.  We don't need him for a Willis REed moment we need him for several games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.:
    [QUOTE]How about... lets not overstate the impact Shaq will bring to the C's. It would definitely be a feel good story for the ages if Shaq could return to early season form... but not likely! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, his last short stint for 5 minutes was 6 pts. and 5 rebs. I think that is pretty amazing for a guy who hasn't played. I'm not pointing you out but weren't we the best record in the league when Shaq was healthy without Perkins and JO. If he gives us anything, an emotional lift could help. I think the roof will explode if he can give us anything tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Shaq at the top of his game ranked with the best big men the NBA has seen.
    And the man is massive.  At 50% of his game, he is still something.
    I'm hoping he calf muscle, achilles tendon, whatever, can start holding up for 10-12 minutes a nite. 
    A little would mean a lot just now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq at the top of his game ranked with the best big men the NBA has seen. And the man is massive.  At 50% of his game, he is still something. I'm hoping he calf muscle, achilles tendon, whatever, can start holding up for 10-12 minutes a nite.  A little would mean a lot just now.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

no effect   NONE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]no effect   NONE
    Posted by TPETTEWAY1[/QUOTE]

I agree. Some people forget the Miami Heat are a running, fast paced, transition team. I can't see Shaq getting up and down the court at all.

I'm sure the Heat will exploit this and up the pace when he comes into the game.

I think we should move on without Shaq. I don't wanna see him limping off the floor again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team. : I agree. Some people forget the Miami Heat are a running, fast paced, transition team. I can't see Shaq getting up and down the court at all. I'm sure the Heat will exploit this and up the pace when he comes into the game. I think we should move on without Shaq. I don't wanna see him limping off the floor again.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

The Miami heat are not a running team. That's not true. They run on turnovers but every team in the league does that. In general they play a half court game. And here is the thing, the reason that size that can score always has a big advantage, is because once it score over the little man guarding it the bal has to go out of bounds and the defense has time to setup. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team. : The Miami heat are not a running team. That's not true. They run on turnovers but every team in the league does that. In general they play a half court game. And here is the thing, the reason that size that can score always has a big advantage, is because once it score over the little man guarding it the bal has to go out of bounds and the defense has time to setup. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Good points, but I still think Spo will MAKE them run while Shaq is on the floor. I'm sure the Heat's coaching staff know that Shaq can't get up and down anymore.

I think they will try to push the tempo while Shaq is in the game to exploit that weakness, but we'll see Saturday how things turn out.

I just wouldn't put all my faith into a guy that only played 5 minutes in 2 months, but lets hope for the best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.:
    [QUOTE]now im not saying that shaq is gunna come back and average 20 and 10 for us. but you have to understand this situation. its perfect. down 2-0, headed back to Boston. everyones saying we are finished. too old. and your getting Shaq back. the crowd is gunna be electric. if he scores a point or lord permitting a DUNK??? the Garden is going to go CRAZY. this is something that we havent had the previous two games of this series. we havent had anything to really pump the players up.  expect kg to be back to his chest thumping self, Rondo..well rondo shows no emotion, but plays all out on his home court (kinda hoping for the headband in game 3 lol), just expect a lot more passion coming from our players. im excited. you should be too.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Yes, but let's not overstate it, either

Shaq's 10 minutes aren't going to save the world or the season if the Celtics keep playing sloppy and turning it over, or missing open shots, or failing to finish at the rim

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Shaq will add a big defensive presence in the paint, something we are lacking seeing as LBJ and Wade have been easily marching into the paint and taking high percentage shots. Tons of Free throws to boot.

In all reality, it will come down to if our big 4 can all have a big night as a collective group. Shaq could be back to beggining of the season form and we still will lose if PP KG and Allen don't show up. Our "Big Three" combined for 36 points in game 2, 1 point more then LeBron. If they have a similar night to that one, we are toast. Only reason we were still in it in game two was because believe it or not, West and Green put up 21, 1 more then PP and Allen combined to score. Can't have that if we hope to win against Miami.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

We cannot win against Miami, nor in the finals, nor the Championship without Shaq.
    He needs to be healthy and contribute meaningful minutes or we might as well start planning for next year now.

We needed him in the first 2 games of this series so even if he does come back it will be a tough struggle to win it in Miami in 7, but I believe we can...again, only if Shaq is healthy.

He brings an added dimension to the team, both tanglible and intangible. Dwane will not prance down the middle of the lane, Bosh will be more concerned about avoiding an elbow to the face than getting a rebound, Lebron will avoid him, and the Heat will try to speed up play which will result in more turnovers, given their ballhandling deficiency.  This disruption, even for only 12 minutes a game, makes a huge difference.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Shaq plays game 3 and stays healthy the rest of the way.