Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right?

-

Weren't some so-called super-knowledgeable fans calling for Doc to start Green ahead of Ray for the playoffs?

Scoff, scoff, scoff that's what I did and I'm still scoffing.

Ray is shooting over 70% from beyond the arc for the series.

Why did these naysaying, non-believers of little faith think that Ray would not rise to the occasion for the playoffs?  Why?

A good case could be made for Ray and Rondo to be co-MVPs for the 1st round, so far.

I'm not a big MVP, guy, cause it's a team game, but for the sake of playing the MVP game, where would we be without Ray and Rondo.

Start Green ahead of Ray?  Give me a break!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right?

Heck let's start D. West over Rondo too? How about krystic over JO? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right?:

[QUOTE]Heck let's start D. West over Rondo too? How about krystic over JO? 

Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Now you got the spirit.  Why stop there?

Let's start Von Wafer over Pierce. 

Lots of people been on the Von bandwagon lately.

Let's ride Green and Wafer to the finals:  how could we lose?  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Heck let's start D. West over Rondo too? How about krystic over JO? 

Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

-

While we're at it, let's start Murphy over KG, too.  Tell Doc!   LoL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right?:
    [QUOTE]- Weren't some so-called super-knowledgeable fans calling for Doc to start Green ahead of Ray for the playoffs? Scoff, scoff, scoff that's what I did and I'm still scoffing. Ray is shooting over 70% from beyond the arc for the series. Why did these naysaying, non-believers of little faith think that Ray would not rise to the occasion for the playoffs?  Why? A good case could be made for Ray and Rondo to be co-MVPs for the 1st round, so far. I'm not a big MVP, guy, cause it's a team game, but for the sake of playing the MVP game, where would we be without Ray and Rondo. Start Green ahead of Ray?  Give me a break! http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

JO is our MVP so far

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right? : JO is our MVP so far

Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

-

Oh, Man, you said a mouthful. JO has been a consumate professional.

Under-appreciated & overlooked, yet where would we be right now without him.

Thank you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

I think peeps were just in panic mode when they suggested Green start ahead of Ray...lol...I think anyone that knows basketball would know that chemistry, shooting, experience, leadership, professionalism, dedication, hard work, and basketball IQ/smarts is extremely valuable, and Ray has it and Green doesn't quite have enough of it yet.   

I've said it before, just having Ray out there, even if he doesn't take a shot, helps other players, especially Pierce as it frees up more space for him to iso. Pierce and Green together is not a good combination because they both have somewhat similar games, and teams don't respect Green's shot like they do Ray's, so they will both double of Green and Rondo to hound Pierce and KG, it simply doesn't work.  I am not sure why some peeps on here can't see this, but I am glad Doc Rivers does and his opinions is the only ones that matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

rayrayallday

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Yes, good idea!  With Ray nice & rested he could have gone for fifty tonite (Green could have given us 25 if he started). I'm glad were all on the same page on this one. Finally!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right?:
    [QUOTE]- Weren't some so-called super-knowledgeable fans calling for Doc to start Green ahead of Ray for the playoffs? Scoff, scoff, scoff that's what I did and I'm still scoffing. Ray is shooting over 70% from beyond the arc for the series. Why did these naysaying, non-believers of little faith think that Ray would not rise to the occasion for the playoffs?  Why? A good case could be made for Ray and Rondo to be co-MVPs for the 1st round, so far. I'm not a big MVP, guy, cause it's a team game, but for the sake of playing the MVP game, where would we be without Ray and Rondo. Start Green ahead of Ray?  Give me a break! http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

Rajon, I'm here. First and foremost Celtics' fans need to stick together no matter what ideas or creativity we would use if we were coaching the team. Let's not give the non-classy Lakers fans any fuel. With that said, I'll say it again. It's not different than the bad guys starting Artest and letting the much better Odom come off the bench to keep their flow and stimulate the energy.

The question is not who is better Ray or Jeff Green. That's a no-brainer. Ray is a superstar that has lead the lead in class for years. If you think back when Ray was in Seattle, he was very vocal about how Kobe's conduct is hurting Kobe and the game. Ray was not so much anti-Kobe as he was pro-NBA image. However, if you paid attention, Ray and Kobe always have and continue to have,  a great personal rivalry. Although, I think Kobe now has a better appreciation for Ray.  I think. The question is how are the Celtics going to prevent what happened last year after Game #2 in the finals. Ray was simply worn out after carrying the C's through a number of tough series and games. This year is going to be no different if the C's do not find a way to get more out of Jeff Green. There is not enough time left to hope that Jeff learns to be a better bench player. Maybe that could occur next year. His success at OKC was a starter. Some players can be great as a starter and a Sixth Man, and some cannot. I am, and was in favor, of putting more energy and scoring into the bench. My thoughts are based on Ray's capabilities, not Ray's weaknesses. If the C's can get the same from Ray as a Sixth Man while getting much more from Jeff Green as a starter instead of a bench player, then the balance and rest for Ray could allow the age of the Celtics to be a non-factor as they "beat the Heat", "bully the Bulls", and "drown the Lakers". The point is that the C's may not be able to win it all if the guys get burned out again!!!

I would be one of the happiest guys in the world if I am wrong and the Celtics win #18 without having to make a change. That probably rests on Jeff stepping up and playing with more comfort, confidence, and aggression, along with Shaq coming back to support JO. On the other hand, I for one will stand behind my thoughts that Ray is probably the only one that can take a Sixth Man role and "motivate" Baby and the boys to step it up!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Hey I mean we should have started Delonte as well.

People are idiots on this board at times and can't accept being wrong. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Hey I mean we should have started Delonte as well. People are idiots on this board at times and can't accept being wrong. 

Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

-

Yeah, you're right, but it's all in good fun.

I thought it was a foolish idea then, and I still do and no amount of cajoling about creative thinking will change my mind for a entire range of reasons.  One simple fact of the matter is that it wold be grossly disrespectful to ask someone like Ray to come off the bench for Green and would disrupt the chemistry of the team, already fragile.  Two Green is soft and tentative and mistake prone even with the starters

They didn't ask Jeter to move off shortstop for A-Rod did they?  And Green, he's no A-Rod. 

It's a fun Little parlour game, but that's all it is -- completely divorced from reality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Did you really need for game 3 to end so you could put this thread up?

I mean, you waited until Ray had a huge game to make this point again?

I was clearly on the side of floating the idea of starting Green over Ray was not a good move... and DOc wouldnt do it....period.

But why the thread now?? Have you been waiting for this game to do it?

Now when BBD scores 20 with 9 boards are we gonna see the ITOLDYASOs come out of the woodwork too?  BBD been playing poorly, so was Ray.... but coming out after one good game after a number of poor ones isnt my idea of vindication...even if I agree with the message.

Over the course of an 82 game schedule and the playoffs.... almost everyone who's made a post on this forum, from one extreme to another, can claim vindication from pointing to some of those games.  Get it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Karl,
    You have expressed my feelings as well. What kind of bb would this be with blind loyalty?  Do some on this board actually think that we do not wish the Celtics well when we criticize?  Over the course of the last two years I have gone from true believer to skeptic so many times it even amazes me. But the Celtics are a roller coaster.  The ones who are blindly loyal are almost as bad as the trolls when they constantly call out Celtics fans for expressing their concerns about the direction of the team. Based on the events of the last two years expressing doubt at times is the most logical response for posters to have made.  If you are blindly loyal and think certain players or coaches are beyond criticism,  what kind of forum would you have here. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

honestly.... I could still see why we would do this.  Maybe to get Green to become more assertive, starting him will get him going.  Ray could help our lethargic second unit score some points????

I don't see the issue.  I never said start Green over Allen, for Allen was not playing well, but rather to help our second unit and to get Green going....

I think this is a fair and valid point, but at the end I'll just watch the game and let Doc make the decisions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

whoever started that idea was a complete idiot..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I thought Ray's legs looked tired at the end of the season. He made me look like an idiot for questioning his age. I think he makes a concious effort to turn it up in the playoffs. His whole game, not just his shooting, has been elevated. He keeps this up it won't be easy to stop this team. That Ray indicator thing makes some sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]It's called getting Ray shots. They are getting him shots and he is producing. If Ray gets open shots he is going to basically shoot at least 50%. That month he was getting like 7-8 shots a game was a travesty.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    You know it ain't just his shot. He's been boxing out and rebounding better than I've seen him do in a while. He's also rotating and getting hands in shooters faces alot quicker than at the end of the season. It looks like he drank from the fountain of youth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

RAJON,

your thread was a jokingly "I told you so" and there are STILL people who think this could be a good idea.  I'm truly amazed.  Its staggering to think that someone thinks there's ANY logic to starting anyone over Ray Allen.  This guy is just a KILLER.

As for CeltsSox assertion that Ray was worn out for carrying us several games in the finals last year.....not true.  Ray had two things happen.  First was he was kneed in the thigh by Artest (or was it Fisher?).  That limited his jumping.  The second thing was that each game, he was focused on guarding the top shooting guard in the game (Kobe).  Like when Paul guarded Lebron, your offense takes a back seat to the energy you put up stopping the other guy.  Note Kobe and Ray BOTH had tough shooting games because they were just both magnificent on defense.

Surely, there are some fans having fun here if you're really trying to present ANY logic for replacing the absolute top shooter in the game with a guy who's struggling.  I am not sure I've ever seen a successful approach to fixing a struggling player's game by putting him in the starting lineup and sitting your top shooter.

Hmmmmmmm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]RAJON, your thread was a jokingly "I told you so" and there are STILL people who think this could be a good idea.  I'm truly amazed.  Its staggering to think that someone thinks there's ANY logic to starting anyone over Ray Allen.  This guy is just a KILLER. As for CeltsSox assertion that Ray was worn out for carrying us several games in the finals last year.....not true.  Ray had two things happen.  First was he was kneed in the thigh by Artest (or was it Fisher?).  That limited his jumping.  The second thing was that each game, he was focused on guarding the top shooting guard in the game (Kobe).  Like when Paul guarded Lebron, your offense takes a back seat to the energy you put up stopping the other guy.  Note Kobe and Ray BOTH had tough shooting games because they were just both magnificent on defense. Surely, there are some fans having fun here if you're really trying to present ANY logic for replacing the absolute top shooter in the game with a guy who's struggling.  I am not sure I've ever seen a successful approach to fixing a struggling player's game by putting him in the starting lineup and sitting your top shooter. Hmmmmmmm.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Celtsfan4life, you know I respect you and your posts. Yes, I am having some fun with Rajon. I've learned that he is a good guy having fun on a sports board. He is not attempting to offend anyone.

I am a huge Ray Allen fan. Not only because of his incredible success, but for his personal character. What he did for his son while still focusing on the NBA finals in 2008 should never be forgotten by anyone who celebrated the 2008 championship. On the other hand, I am concerned about Ray's minutes. I can't argue about an injury to Ray from being kneed, since I may have not been aware about the severity of the injury. However, your second point makes my concern real. That is that Ray also did take the responsibility to guard Kobe. That's more evidence that Ray's minutes, as was KG's, should be guarded carefully until, and if, we get into the finals. I'm my opinion, Ray is as valuable as anyone on this team, if not more valuable. When he's hitting his shots, the court opens up for Paul to do his thing. In addition, it opens up the court for Rondo to be "Rondo".

While it is unrealistic that Doc would start Jeff over Ray, I do think the post that suggested the change was sincere. He was not saying that Jeff was better than Ray, he was thinking out of the box with respect to getting more out of Jeff. If Doc can get Jeff more minutes and get him more comfortable and confident, if JON can stay healthy, there is no reason the Celtics bring home #18.

"Good catch" as they say, and thanks for reading my post. You are one of the good guys on the board. I've loved the Celtics all my life as well. Probably to a fault. However, they played a huge role in keeping me from ending up on the wrong side of the tracks during my days as a Southie. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right? : Celtsfan4life, you know I respect you and your posts. Yes, I am having some fun with Rajon. I've learned that he is a good guy having fun on a sports board. He is not attempting to offend anyone.

I am a huge Ray Allen fan. Not only because of his incredible success, but for his personal character. What he did for his son while still focusing on the NBA finals in 2008 should never be forgotten by anyone who celebrated the 2008 championship. On the other hand, I am concerned about Ray's minutes. I can't argue about an injury to Ray from being kneed, since I may have not been aware about the severity of the injury. However, your second point makes my concern real. That is that Ray also did take the responsibility to guard Kobe. That's more evidence that Ray's minutes, as was KG's, should be guarded carefully until, and if, we get into the finals.

I'm my opinion, Ray is as valuable as anyone on this team, if not more valuable. When he's hitting his shots, the court opens up for Paul to do his thing. In addition, it opens up the court for Rondo to be "Rondo". While it is unrealistic that Doc would start Jeff over Ray, I do think the post that suggested the change was sincere. He was not saying that Jeff was better than Ray, he was thinking out of the box with respect to getting more out of Jeff. If Doc can get Jeff more minutes and get him more comfortable and confident, if JON can stay healthy, there is no reason the Celtics bring home #18.

"Good catch" as they say, and thanks for reading my post. You are one of the good guys on the board. I've loved the Celtics all my life as well. Probably to a fault. However, they played a huge role in keeping me from ending up on the wrong side of the tracks during my days as a Southie. 

Posted by CeltsSox[/QUOTE]

-

RAJON,

your thread was a jokingly "I told you so" and there are STILL people who think this could be a good idea.  I'm truly amazed.  Its staggering to think that someone thinks there's ANY logic to starting anyone over Ray Allen.  This guy is just a KILLER.

As for CeltsSox assertion that Ray was worn out for carrying us several games in the finals last year.....not true.  Ray had two things happen.  First was he was kneed in the thigh by Artest (or was it Fisher?).  That limited his jumping.  The second thing was that each game, he was focused on guarding the top shooting guard in the game (Kobe).  Like when Paul guarded Lebron, your offense takes a back seat to the energy you put up stopping the other guy.  Note Kobe and Ray BOTH had tough shooting games because they were just both magnificent on defense.

Surely, there are some fans having fun here if you're really trying to present ANY logic for replacing the absolute top shooter in the game with a guy who's struggling.  I am not sure I've ever seen a successful approach to fixing a struggling player's game by putting him in the starting lineup and sitting your top shooter.

Hmmmmmmm. 

Celticsfan4life

Hey, youse guyz have single-handledly restoried my fate in mankindist to da fullest xtent . . . an den some!

We goin' alla da wayz an we gonna have fun doin' it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray, Right? : - RAJON, your thread was a jokingly "I told you so" and there are STILL people who think this could be a good idea.  I'm truly amazed.  Its staggering to think that someone thinks there's ANY logic to starting anyone over Ray Allen.  This guy is just a KILLER. As for CeltsSox assertion that Ray was worn out for carrying us several games in the finals last year.....not true.  Ray had two things happen.  First was he was kneed in the thigh by Artest (or was it Fisher?).  That limited his jumping.  The second thing was that each game, he was focused on guarding the top shooting guard in the game (Kobe).  Like when Paul guarded Lebron, your offense takes a back seat to the energy you put up stopping the other guy.  Note Kobe and Ray BOTH had tough shooting games because they were just both magnificent on defense. Surely, there are some fans having fun here if you're really trying to present ANY logic for replacing the absolute top shooter in the game with a guy who's struggling.  I am not sure I've ever seen a successful approach to fixing a struggling player's game by putting him in the starting lineup and sitting your top shooter. Hmmmmmmm.  Celticsfan4life Hey, youse guyz have single-handledly restoried my fate in mankindist to da fullest xtent . . . an den some! We goin' alla da wayz an we gonna have fun doin' it!

Rajon, keep on posting and stand behind your beliefs. The debates are light hearted, but do raise some interesting exchanges. Sports boards are designed to be fun even if our Celtic family fans have different views. Who cares who is right or wrong if the Celtics can win #18. In the meantime, the laughs are great medicine for everyone.