Lets trade with Charlotte and make them a 3rd seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Lets trade with Charlotte and make them a 3rd seed

Call it charity, call it greed. I think Charlotte needs a mix-up. Why not help them get better (without sacrificing Rondo, Sully or picks)?

Trade 1:

BOS: MKG, Biyombo, Ben Gordon
    CHA: Green, Bass, Lee

Trade 2:

BOS: Biyombo, Gordon, Sessions
    CHA: Wallace, Bass, Crawford

Trade 3: 

BOS: Zeller, MKG, Ben Gordon

CHA: Green, Bass, Lee

I know many aren't super high on Green right now, but MKG is just not ready. Green is an upgrade. The pressure won't be on him to score 20ppg because Big Al will be that go to guy. Brandon gives them defense and more midrange either as a starter or as the third big off the bench. Courtney Lee is a huge upgrade to Gordon. Gordons done. Lee is comfortable now coming off the bench. 

The questions will be, do we get Biyombo or Zeller? Can we somehow offload Wallace? Can we possible squeeze a protected 1st round pick from that first trade?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Lets trade with Charlotte and make them a 3rd seed

Really, if Danny can start with the basic structure of a Wallace for Gordon swap and see what else needs to be added to get it done, that would be fantastic

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

How does it help us to swap for gordon?  Is it because of contracts?  On the cort I'd rather have Wallace.  We don't need more shooting guards.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How does it help us to swap for gordon?  Is it because of contracts?  On the cort I'd rather have Wallace.  We don't need more shooting guards.

[/QUOTE]

Gordon is a large expiring contract. He comes off the books next year, frees up space to pay some of the young guns or go after RFAs... That is why I'd want to swap Wallace for Gordon. Wallace has two more years of 10M

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think that would be good for them, even with the nostalgia factor.  However, I would be willing to give them lee.  Prefer to give brooks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

yeah, rethinking this...

they are fair trades, but I kind of want to keep our three vet role players. I want to see Jeff with Rondo dishing to him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Any team that does us the favor of taking Wallace for an expiring contract, regardless of position, is going to want draft picks and assets in return, not overpaid veteran role players and one solid fairly paid starter for two of their recent lottery picks.

I don't see any deal Charlotte would make with us for Biyombo or Zeller unless it involves Bradley, Favarani and a future draft pick for one of those guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any team that does us the favor of taking Wallace for an expiring contract, regardless of position, is going to want draft picks and assets in return, not overpaid veteran role players and one solid fairly paid starter for two of their recent lottery picks.

I don't see any deal Charlotte would make with us for Biyombo or Zeller unless it involves Bradley, Favarani and a future draft pick for one of those guys.

[/QUOTE]

Ok. You guys have to stop projecting yourselves onto other situations.

Teams like Cleveland and Charlotte have been stuck in the lottery for years. They keep drafting top prospects, but they have no leadership, no veteran presence and no team identity to begin the winning process.

Right now Charlotte is back on that border of making it into the playoffs. They dont need more prospects or picks. They want fairly paid veteran players who can help them win this year. Green, Bass and Lee are those guys. MKG has an awful shot and some are starting to recalibrate his ceiling at Tony Allen. TONY ALLEN.

Biyombo is so good that they brough in a veteran starting center...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone values Faux Hawk the way we do...not sure why we do either after what I've seen so far...he's tall, and.......and.......hmmm.....and......

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

i am pretty sure the Bobcats are kind of like us, they know making the playoffs is not the best option this year.  I don't think they will be doing us any  favors by taking junk  player contracts off our hands.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Below is what MJ said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24171317/michael-jordan-says-bobcats-would-not-tank-doesnt-believe-in-it

He then laughed heartily and said, "If that was my intention I never would have paid (free agent) Al Jefferson $13 million a year."

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

And who makes the Cats a better team over the next 2-3 years?

Biyombo, Gordon, MKG ? or

Bass, Lee and Jeff Green?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Just look at the basic nba stats: http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/cha/charlotte-bobcats

That is the Kemba Walker, Al Jefferson show. They are the leaders in points, rebounds, assists,  steals, blocks and PER.

IMO, everyone else on the roster can be upgraded. 

I mean, you could get 35 pts in 80 min combined from Lee, Bass, Green or 18 pts in 60 minutes combined for Gordon, MKG and Gordon. All three celtics are about the league average in PER and all three Cats are below the league. Yet somehow the Cats have a better record than the Celtics.

I'd offer the trade and ask for one of their picks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just look at the basic nba stats: http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/cha/charlotte-bobcats

That is the Kemba Walker, Al Jefferson show. They are the leaders in points, rebounds, assists,  steals, blocks and PER.

IMO, everyone else on the roster can be upgraded. 

I mean, you could get 35 pts in 80 min combined from Lee, Bass, Green or 18 pts in 60 minutes combined for Gordon, MKG and Gordon. All three celtics are about the league average in PER and all three Cats are below the league. Yet somehow the Cats have a better record than the Celtics.

I'd offer the trade and ask for one of their picks

[/QUOTE]

The secret (that Jordan probably knows) is that the 4th year is usually a breakout year for high lottery picks that fail to make an impression during their first few years. I expect MKG and Biyombo to make the Celtics worse this year (sinking towards a high impact draft player) and potentially have a breakout year next year. 

Biyombo could become an Ibaka. He could become a Thabeet (who?). MKG could have Tony Allen as his ceiling, or (IMO) could become more Dwade like. I'll take the chance especially if there is added incentive in the form of an additional pick

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

[QUOTE]

i am pretty sure the Bobcats are kind of like us, they know making the playoffs is not the best option this year.  I don't think they will be doing us any  favors by taking junk  player contracts off our hands.

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

So why did the Bobcats give a turning 29 years old next month Al Jefferson 41m for 3 years?

Invest 41m just so you can be a lottery team again?

Just like KG and Pierce would be back with the Celtics this season?

HAHAHA

Here:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/15/4785076/2013-charlotte-bobcats-nba-roster-depth-chart

Charlotte Bobcats roster 2013: Al Jefferson signing signals attempt at relevancy

By Jason Patt  @Bulls_Jay on Oct 15 2013, 8:54a +

[/QUOTE]

Because you need players to put fans in the seats.

Actually its more like making a bet about the Celtics not making the playoffs. HAHAHAHA

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

[QUOTE]

Because you need players to put fans in the seats.

Actually its more like making a bet about the Celtics not making the playoffs. HAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

If that's the case then you just contradicted yourself.

Adding Bass and Lee will put more fans in the seats because the Bobcats will win more games.

[/QUOTE]

They may help them win a couple more games to keep themselves in mediocrity.  I know MJ doesn't want that.  One other thing,  my post was referring to Wallace more than Bass and Lee.  I still don't think The Bobcats want our junk players or their contracts..

Do you?

22. This post has been removed.