Lineup Changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Lineup Changes

In Response to Re: Lineup Changes:
    In Response to Re: Lineup Changes : Wow - the "Doc is a bum" sentiment is running strong.   He's the reason the starters are run into the ground, huh?   They didn't get there during the first 2/3 of the season due to Shaq, JON, West, 'Quis, Semih, Perk all missing a lot of time before the all star game.  Do you know that at one point, we had 7 players, then 8 after a D-leaguer game up, then new guys arriving every day for 3 weeks and none of them know the offense nor the defense?  That's all Doc's fault, I guess. I blame it on the bad luck of injuries and then Danny's trades. Good to see that Celts fans have high expectations, even when those expectations for the injured bench is unreasonable.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Really?  what did I say in my post about any of what you just mentioned.  I said Doc better  not go coach the Heat next year, and I said he doesnt have to make us happy as a joke, but c'mon...dont lump me in with the doomers, Im just being real...I know injuries have taken their toll, but what about the last month, when you had capable backups and he was running the starters in the dirt trying to beat inferior teams and still losing cuz guys were tired.  I still have high expectations, but Doc has his hand, now he needs to play it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Because if you think the second unit is bad right now, without Ray or Pierce to provide solid scoring, it would be much worse...if thats possible

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

"I believe the easiest change to start with would be to give Krstic's minutes to Murphy. How could it hurt?" This wouldnt hurt, but it also wouldnt change anything.  Kristic doesnt have any minutes to give to anyone...  Only thing he could give Murphy is advice.  It would go something like this  "Get the hell outta town while you can, this guy Doc aint never gonna play you!"
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Murf is done done! Put a fork in him. He's not ready for the intensity the playoffs bring.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup Changes : Really?  what did I say in my post about any of what you just mentioned.  I said Doc better  not go coach the Heat next year, and I said he doesnt have to make us happy as a joke, but c'mon...dont lump me in with the doomers, Im just being real...I know injuries have taken their toll, but what about the last month, when you had capable backups and he was running the starters in the dirt trying to beat inferior teams and still losing cuz guys were tired.  I still have high expectations, but Doc has his hand, now he needs to play it.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

If you're not one of the haters, I apologize.  your statements sounded like "hate" (he doesnt have to keep us happy I guess, since he is gone anyway after this year!....his a ss better not sell out) and I couldn't see that you were joking so all of the stuff I mentioned was to explain why Doc is not the center of our problems, injuries are.  

And, the backups you mention?  They lost the games - that's why Doc played the starters.   Starters got leads, bench came in and lost it, starters have to come back and fight to get back in the game.   I think that's where we see it differently - you think we lost because the starters were tired.  I think we lost because we had NO bench players playing well, except maybe West and Green on offense, only.  Doc wanted (as I did) to get home court advantage.   I think that is important as it won't be as easy as last year to win on the road and we lost game 7 on the road in large part because the refs just yielded to the LA environment.  

Also, Doc knew he'd have the last two games + time before the playoffs to rest the starters so why not go for winning HCA?  When he took the starters out, Green, Krstic, Murphy, Arroyo, Bradley, etc all lost leads and made us look terrible.  So, I can't agree that we have capable backups.  Outside of BBD, West, and Green, our backups stink!   And BBD and Green aren't playing great themselves.  JON was just coming back so for the most part, we played without a center.  In that situation, we HAD to play the starters more.   Add another injury to Delonte and who was Doc going to play?   That's still a point of disagreement.  I think our bench just has stunk it up and i see folks just begging for them to play more.....when they stink!!!!  I just don't understand the sentiment on this board when folks are asking TROY MURPHY and SASHA PAVLOVIC and CARLOS ARROYO to get more minutes - the guys who couldn't even get minutes in New Jersey, Cleveland, or Miami.  How can they be considered 'capable backups'?

Jay - I like most of your posts, but on the point of the bench, I just have a hard time supporting the argument that we should play them more.  I want to win and those guys keep stinking it up!  Please show me some stats that show I'm wrong!  Heck, at the end of the season they played the Wizards who had Wall on bad knees, 2 of the top 3 scorers out, their starting center in foul trouble all game, and 2 d league guys playing....and our subs lost!   I think we should play 8, maybe 9 guys and that's it.  Let the rest of them be insurance policies, only!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup Changes : Why would you ignore the fact that Green commits too many fouls?  He had 5 fouls in 11 minutes.  How can he play more minutes?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Green played 17 minutes in Game 1 and only committed 1 foul.  Besides the last 2 garbage games the last time he played more than 25 minutes was March 28th.  The trade was made to get Pierce and Allen more rest but that hasn't happened at all.  Their minutes didn't go down once Green came over.  Doc is not using him the right way.  They even said that Green has been frustrated by not playing more minutes and not being utilized the right way.  I can't blame him.  What was the point of the trade if we aren't going to use him much?  We could have waited until Wafer got healthy and just used him the way they are using Green.  We can blame Danny for the trade but Doc is not helping the situation either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Some part of me hopes murphy plays. Probably not going to see the old Murph again, but I keep hoping. That guy was a double double machine and we need someone, anyone to clean up the glass. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup Changes : I may have missed some plays, but all I saw from Baby last night was one good hard foul on Melo when he took it to the rim.  I liked that.  I was not impressed by anything else he did last night.  K.G. was doing all the diving on the floor and scrapping, which is what Baby SHOULD be doing, but I missed that.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

What I saw in the second half was Glen on the offensive boards, not a Celtics strong suit, tipping balls that gave Boston a chance for a second chance, so to speak.  He's not going to sky but his fingertips are stronger than most other players hands, and that's all he needs to do on the offensive boards if he's not getting a rebound outright. I believe KG had two offensive rebounds as a direct result. Perkins ORs were like most of Moses Malone's, follow-ups of his own misses, so truthfully the Celtics aren't missing anything there from the trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup Changes : If you're not one of the haters, I apologize.  your statements sounded like "hate" ( he doesnt have to keep us happy I guess, since he is gone anyway after this year!....his a ss better not sell out ) and I couldn't see that you were joking so all of the stuff I mentioned was to explain why Doc is not the center of our problems, injuries are.   And, the backups you mention?  They lost the games - that's why Doc played the starters.   Starters got leads, bench came in and lost it, starters have to come back and fight to get back in the game.   I think that's where we see it differently - you think we lost because the starters were tired.  I think we lost because we had NO bench players playing well, except maybe West and Green on offense, only.  Doc wanted (as I did) to get home court advantage.   I think that is important as it won't be as easy as last year to win on the road and we lost game 7 on the road in large part because the refs just yielded to the LA environment.   Also, Doc knew he'd have the last two games + time before the playoffs to rest the starters so why not go for winning HCA?  When he took the starters out, Green, Krstic, Murphy, Arroyo, Bradley, etc all lost leads and made us look terrible.  So, I can't agree that we have capable backups.  Outside of BBD, West, and Green, our backups stink!   And BBD and Green aren't playing great themselves.  JON was just coming back so for the most part, we played without a center.  In that situation, we HAD to play the starters more.   Add another injury to Delonte and who was Doc going to play?   That's still a point of disagreement.  I think our bench just has stunk it up and i see folks just begging for them to play more.....when they stink!!!!  I just don't understand the sentiment on this board when folks are asking TROY MURPHY and SASHA PAVLOVIC and CARLOS ARROYO to get more minutes - the guys who couldn't even get minutes in New Jersey, Cleveland, or Miami.  How can they be considered 'capable backups'? Jay - I like most of your posts, but on the point of the bench, I just have a hard time supporting the argument that we should play them more.  I want to win and those guys keep stinking it up!  Please show me some stats that show I'm wrong!  Heck, at the end of the season they played the Wizards who had Wall on bad knees, 2 of the top 3 scorers out, their starting center in foul trouble all game, and 2 d league guys playing....and our subs lost!   I think we should play 8, maybe 9 guys and that's it.  Let the rest of them be insurance policies, only!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

No we are on the same page, I am just not a big advocate for HCA, I feel its good, but Hey, if you cant get,  its still b-ball, if any team can do it , should be us....so while I appreciate Doc resting them a week(best move), I would also have liked the starters to have played less in games they were losing anyway....if the bench is gonna lose the lead and make the starters play all 4th quarter trying to play catch up and lose, than its even worse, IMO, might as well just play the bench let him work it out, so now in the playoffs, they know something...   Fact is the week rest was probably too much judging by the rust and only reason they  needed a week is because Doc played them too much in March, IMO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EvilT34. Show EvilT34's posts

Either way I guess the point I was trying to make is that Jeff Green needs to be the first guy off the bench. He needs minutes to get his game going and he can defintly make the top of the key shot that Big Baby cant hit nowadays. I would rather Jeff Green take 10 shots a game than Big Baby. I do agree he is soft, but he also has some athletic ability inside and outside. Defense is just laying off Baby and Rondo clogging up the lanes.