Lineups

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Lineups

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

LeBron would guard Sullinger if necessary.

Sullinger won't be able to guard Battier or LeBron.

This is a mis-match and it is not in Boston's favor.

[/QUOTE]

Please stop pretending you are actually trying to talk basketball.

No one is afraid of Battier offensively.  No one goes up against the heat and tries to figure out how to stop Battier.

Sure, Sully could not play PF for the Celtics because he couldn't stick with Shane Battier at the three point  line.

Whatever you say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You mean the Celtic's aren't spending significant time in the preseason, scheming their defense to stop Shane!?!  Oh No!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You mean the Celtic's aren't spending significant time in the preseason, scheming their defense to stop Shane!?!  Oh No!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Doc can't sleep because of Sullingers inability to guard Battier at the 3 point line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

All is lost...gasp!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

It's not just three point shooters that Sullinger will struggle against.

But some here already have him starting over Bass and Green finishing the games at PF.

So, what would that give Bass 6 minutes per game?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!

[/QUOTE]

Right.  But your point was that Sully can't play Pf because he can't guard Battier at the 3 point line. Battier averaged 4.8 points a game last year in 23 minutes. He shot 33 percent from 3.

If you want to just say that what you said made no sense at all and move on to other issues it's cool with me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sully will have a learning curve, as all rookies do.  Some games he may play 30 mins, some 12..............not our problem.  Doc is the coach, and I suggest we let him figure out the minutes!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Wow you're dull.  That was a waste of five minutes.

Go back to the firsy  page where you say that Battier will "toast" Sully and you insinuate that will be an issue as far as Sully getting minutes at PF. I apologise for inferring that you said he can't play it at all.  I figured that you would be able to figure out the subtle nuance that was implied.

Sorry I must have misundestood.  Please get back to explaining how a defense has to be designed to stop a guy that averages 4 points in 23 minutes a game and how Sullys minutes will be limited because of his inability to do so.

Then maybe we can discuss the Knicks defensive scheme to stop Fab Melo.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

It's amazing that you don't understand that Green and Bass are much better players then Sullinger. When Sullinger plays, for the most part they will be sitting on the bench.

Sullinger has more matchup limitations then Green and Bass do, but some turds here want to anoint him as the Celtics starting power forward. I know, crazy stuff...

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand that?  when did I say that Sully was better than Green or Bass??

I have said two things on this thread of any import.  Sully rebounds better than Bass and that Sully's ability to stay with Battier on D is irrelevant.  

You have issue with either of those statements?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

At this point in the season no one knows what the starting unit will be, what minutes will be split and who finishes games.  What we do know, is that Sullinger to this point has been a pleasant surprise to not only us but Doc and his team mates.  That said you still tear the guys game apart even though he hasn't played an NBA game yet.

I tend to follow those in the know (Doc and Team Mates) with their opinions this early in a career and season, than anyone on this board.  Just sayin'

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

when was the last time any of us heard Doc talk about starting a rookie....?

Rondo says Sullinger's BB IQ and work ethic are off the charts....

the vets are raving about him...

Sullinger looks like the real deal and the teams that passed him up are really going to be questioning what the hell they were thinking......this team is younger, more athletic, and extremely deep...

as CPP said, they look scary good...!!!   ....well done Danny...!!!

[/QUOTE]

Concur!

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Sure a pf that loves to rebound, with an above averag bb iq, does'nt translate well for the nba.. we need more athletics numbsculls with attitudes for a team that was one of the worst rebounding teams in the league...Bass was a great rebounder and defender last year, that settles that...I guess we missed it... educates us some more...oh great one...how is that second round pick working out in LA?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure a pf that loves to rebound, with an above averag bb iq, does'nt translate well for the nba.. we need more athletics numbsculls with attitudes for a team that was one of the worst rebounding teams in the league...Bass was a great rebounder and defender last year, that settles that...I guess we missed it... educates us some more...oh great one...how is that second round pick working out in LA?

[/QUOTE]

I know. He sure is knowledgable.  I had no idea that a Pf's primary role on D was to chase guys that average 4 points a game around near the 3 point line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I can see why Doc is toying with the idea that they will play multiple lineups.  I see a lineup of Rondo, Terry, Pierce, Garnett and Darko.  I see a lineup of Rondo, Lee, Pierce, Sullinger and Garnett.  I see a lineup of Rondo, Pierce, Green, Bass and Garnett.  I think that Doc has a huge number of options to create continuous match up problems.  The only question is, can you play 9 deep, mix and match lineups and still maintain the chemistry between players?  Detroit Pistons of the 80s used to play 9 deep regularly.  Dallas in 2011 played a very deep lineup.

I like the idea of flexible lineup.  Doc may have the right tools to pull it off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know. He sure is knowledgable.  I had no idea that a Pf's primary role on D was to chase guys that average 4 points a game around near the 3 point line.

[/QUOTE]

Why waste your breath over a guy who is scared that Darko is going to kill him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

let me see. a power forward who wants to play in the post and can isnt a good thing. ive had enough of raefs and twans.