Long road

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SavCeltic. Show SavCeltic's posts

Long road

I know this was only a preseason game and Doc is not concerned with the score now.  BUT, this was AWEFUL.  This team won't even have the chance to play MIAMI in the first round of the playoffs if they don't significantly improve.  There is no traditional Celtic Defense, and no chemistry by the guys who are going to have to do it on an every-night basis.  Time to stop baby-ing PP and KG and let them start playing regular minutes and get Terry involved in the offense.  We need a good pull-up 3Pt shooter to replace Ray, and Terry hasn't done it so far and Lee has been terrible.  I still have hopes for the group because they are very talented on paper...but it is time to stop toying with line-ups and start putting a product on the floor that is going to be representative of the team.  I am upset with the effort, chemistry, and product from what I see.  This is NOT the 2nd best team in the east right now!  And, is not a threat to Miami for the Eastern Conference Title.  A lot of work to be done!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Long road

In response to SavCeltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know this was only a preseason game and Doc is not concerned with the score now.  BUT, this was AWEFUL.  This team won't even have the chance to play MIAMI in the first round of the playoffs if they don't significantly improve.  There is no traditional Celtic Defense, and no chemistry by the guys who are going to have to do it on an every-night basis.  Time to stop baby-ing PP and KG and let them start playing regular minutes and get Terry involved in the offense.  We need a good pull-up 3Pt shooter to replace Ray, and Terry hasn't done it so far and Lee has been terrible.  I still have hopes for the group because they are very talented on paper...but it is time to stop toying with line-ups and start putting a product on the floor that is going to be representative of the team.  I am upset with the effort, chemistry, and product from what I see.  This is NOT the 2nd best team in the east right now!  And, is not a threat to Miami for the Eastern Conference Title.  A lot of work to be done!

[/QUOTE]
    I haven't really watched much of the pre-season games, but I am still concerned with how poorly the Celtics are playing and the fact that they aren't winning many of these games.  Not sure what the problem is, but they have to turn things around when the regular season begins to even have a chance of competing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

All will be fine - have some faith in the system!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

All will be fine - have some faith in the system!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I really get confused by posts like this.

This is the same core of players as last year the took Miami to 7 games minus Dooling, Pietrus and Allen with the addition of Terry, Lee, Green Darko and Sullinger.

If getting blown out in a game against Philly in pre season makes you think this team is in serious trouble you need to think again.

I don't predict a championship but it's obvious this is a very good, very deep team.

It's way too early to freak out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

snakeoil123, as always, you provide a more level-headed post.

You're right, it's way too early to freak out.  But, but, but, it's not too early to have some discussion on the lack of cohesiveness seen thus far.  Honestly, that is a surprise to me.  I did not think we'd look this bad after four games.

I would have guessed that the Celtics would be the more crisp, cohesive team last night.  Philly worked the ball around, played great defense and plain dominated us in every phase.

I said on another thread, if the Celtics were playing like world-beaters, you can bet there would be some "positive" discussion on that.  You'd have posters claiming the championship in October.  After the first two preseason games, folks were justifying Jeff Green's big contract.

You're right, it has to play itself out and, in time, it most likely will.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're right, it's way too early to freak out.  But, but, but, it's not too early to have some discussion on the lack of cohesiveness seen thus far.  Honestly, that is a surprise to me.  I did not think we'd look this bad after four games.

I would have guessed that the Celtics would be the more crisp, cohesive team last night.  Philly worked the ball around, played great defense and plain dominated us in every phase.

I said on another thread, if the Celtics were playing like world-beaters, you can bet there would be some "positive" discussion on that.  You'd have posters claiming the championship in October.  After the first two preseason games, folks were justifying Jeff Green's big contract.

[/QUOTE]

I thought they looked really good against the Knicks.  That game was totally in control and then they played Downs, Smith, Christmas Melo, and Joeseph at the end.

I didn't see the game last night. If I did maybe I would be more concerned, but Garnett sat and Rondo and pierce played 20 minutes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought they looked really good against the Knicks.  That game was totally in control and then they played Downs, Smith, Christmas Melo, and Joeseph at the end.

I didn't see the game last night. If I did maybe I would be more concerned, but Garnett sat and Rondo and pierce played 20 minutes.

[/QUOTE]
    I need to watch some of the game tonight to better evaluate the Celtics performance in the pre-season.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

It is preseason.  These guys are getting their feet wet.  Some guys are playing a lot of minutes that won't and others are playing very few minutes.  Last couple of preseason games will give us a better team look as opposed to what individual players are doing.  Doc is trying a lot of different lineups and schemes, most of which will not be used in the regular season.